“One of the best restaurants at DFW Airport”
Review of pappadeaux

pappadeaux
Ranked #38 of 3,600 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (972) 615-3508 phone #. Store #35.
Corpus Christi, Texas
“One of the best restaurants at DFW Airport”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have been very impressed with Pappadeaux! One trip we had close connections, but still had time to dash in and go through the very nice buffet - Salad, gumbo, several seafood items, and other selections. We've also had time to order from the menu and everything was fresh, hot, and tasty.

Highly recommended for both a fast meal and leisurely one.

Palm Desert,Ca
“Best airport restaurant”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had a layover in Dallas , my second layover that day, and I was not looking forward to consuming more dreary and high priced airport food. This restaurant was a most pleasant surprise. I ordered the New Orleans Campechana appetizer- shrimp, avocado, pico de gallo in spicy cocktail sauce and it knocked my socks off. Fantastic!!! They also offered a wonderful wine selection-. The McPherson Voigner from Texas was outstanding. For some reason it is difficult to find wines from Texas in California. Pity for us!!!
The service was excellent. They even comped me the wine because they were out of the one I originally ordered.

Montreal, Canada
“Excellent seafood!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've been to several locations and have never been disappointed. Service was very good and meals were well prepared and presented. I would have to say that this last time I was not impressed with cleanliness of the restaurant. The floor and chairs needed cleaning. The table top had a slight greasy feeling. Perhaps it was a one of so i would go back. I hope one of the restaurants I prefer has not taken the slippery slope down.

Visited October 2012
Winter Springs, Florida
“Who knew great food could be this inexpensive?”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was traveling to Portland and had a 2 hour layover at the Dallas airport. My friends and I discovered this treasure. We all ordered the lunch buffet ($11.95). The gumbo was as good as any I have ever had. The Shrimp E'Touffe was spicy and moist. Really good stuff. The cajun blackened fish was also really good. Not your typical buffet. Even though the buffet was unlimited, One helping was enough for me. If you have enough time during your layover at DFW, make your way to Terminal A and eat at Pappadeaux. You won't be sorry.

Alberta
“Stumbled across the best airport food I have ever had.”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Yesterday I had a 3 hour layover in DFW and found this place next door to my gate. I sat up at the bar, the bartender was very pleasant and efficient. I ordered a draft beer and the sea food gumbo, this arrived within 2 minutes and was very tasty. For my entree I ordered the Grand Bay Platter which came with a crab cake with additional chunk crabmeat, a skewer with a shrimps and scallops, served on a delicious bed of potatoes and green beans.

Everything was very tasty, service was prompt and you forget you are even in an airport due to the location below the main traffic area.

Not cheap, my bill was $ 45 with tip, but for this quality I do not have a problem.

I will be looking for more flights through DFW in the future.

• Visited December 2012

Been to pappadeaux? Share your experiences!