“Visited State Fair Dallas,Texas”

Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Cockrell Hill I-30
Ranked #65 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
“Visited State Fair Dallas,Texas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I would rate this hotel a 5, however, we called the front desk about the temp in the whirlpool and we're told the water was hot, and everything was working . After changing into swim suits, and very tired after walking the grounds of the State Fair all day, very tired, we went down to the pool area, the water in the whirlpool was very cold, pool water just as cold. We stop at the desk to inform the clerk, she just said, oh, it's not hot yet! I'm thinking she knew it all along.....has a very good nights sleep, very comfortable bed, cool room and very clean! Would have been nice had the whirlpool been working.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Yukon, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel has the name and look or a Hampton, however the staff is poor, the beds are hard and uncomfortable. The Hotel must have been build on a landfill because even though the hotel is new there were big holes in parking lot, The building had settled to the point some outside doors do not close. A lady that covered the front desk was the most rude and combative person I have ever dealt with at a hotel in all my years of travel. My stay kept me longer in DFW but me and my coworkers moved to another hotel before the end of our trip.

Room Tip: I am not sure there is a good room with the uncomfortable beds
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank chuckghutch
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Excellent location for the hotel given the event that I attended. Fast food resturants, cafeteria type, and sit down resturants were all within walking distance. Shopping areas were within walking distance. The hotel was clean and secure. I only stayed one night and the breakfast was a wonderful way to end the trip. The quality was excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Lindale, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Clean and well maintained hotel, with friendly and helpful staff. Great location, with easy access to Interstate 30. There is also a great complimentary breakfast and evening snack. One of the most important features to me is that the duvet covers are washed between each guest! The only negative comment that I have is that the beds are overly firm.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This hotel is in a good location, clean & the breakfast was good. What really made this stay great was the staff. All were very friendly but one in particular stood out. Her name is Sheila & she worked at the front desk. She smiled during the entire interaction, has a outgoing personality & a wonderful sense of humor. More companies should hire people like her. Her service was exceptional!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Middletown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed one night - September 21, 2013 - and were greeted by Shiela when we checked in. She was very pleasant. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. There are a few restaurants within walking distance including IHop and Sonic if you are looking for a quick meal. Just across the highway is a shopping center with a Walmart in case you need anything. There is also a shopping center on the same side of the highway with a Staples and a few other stores.

Room Tip: We ask to have a room away from the elevator and vending machines so it was very quiet in our room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Katy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We enjoined staying at Hampton Hotel, this was our second time, we definitely stay again, Service was great, cleanliness of rooms are great and Sleep quality great, quiet and beds comfort to rest. Thank to everyone for great service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family