“Great restaurant, great value”

Perry's Steakhouse and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Perry's Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 3,626 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Olive
Description: There are two Perry's restaurants in Dallas. The one that I am writing about is "Perry's Steakhouse and Grill" (the other one is called "The Place at Perry's" ) 214-855-5151
texas
“Great restaurant, great value”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

So if you are considering going to Perry's then you already expect to spend $100 at least for dinner. With that being said, I think for what all we ordered, the value was very good (our bill was $130 and we had water). We ordered crab cakes first (excellent), then my husband had their famous turtle soup which is made from real turtle meat and it was actually very good (surprising, I know). I had the caesar salad and I didn't like it because it was made with anchovies. I know this is the "authentic" way to make caesar dressing, but I don't care for it. This is no fault of Perry's, but I do wish they would have told me.

I had the sea bass special and hubby had the pork chop that they are famous for. I personally would not want to eat 2 lbs of pork, but I tried a bite and it was actually VERY good. It has a sweet sauce on it and hubby ate at least a pound of pork. I will say, however, that our meals cost the same (around $30) and he definitely got more value, but it all depends on what you like. I would recommend splitting the pork as it would have been plenty for our family of four!

We skipped dessert because we were stuffed, but they make most of the desserts at the table as we watched other patrons enjoying them. They looked and smelled delicious.

I highly recommend Perry's. It has a great atmosphere, great service, great quality and unique dishes. Also, the restaurant is very kid friendly, we saw lots of WELL behaved children dressed up enjoying a special night out.

• Visited October 2012

New York City, New York
“Excellent food & Upscale service”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Magnificent place. Beautifully decorated restaurant with a very classy feel you can enjoy just as much as you enjoy the food. All meat dishes and side dishes were absolutely top notch and the price was not that bad. You can get a Kobe Beef Hamburger for around $17 which is fair.

I visited during lunch and liked the fact that it was not snobbish and people were dressed casually in general.

The restaurant provides free valet service and its very entrance

• Visited September 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Yum! Will go back next time we're in town.”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Lovely restaurant. Great food, well served. They have an extensive wine list. We had an unusual entree' called Symphony Kebab with steak shrimp and lobster that arrived hanging on a special rack. Delicious, but I would have rather had it served sideways on a plate! Lots of couples and business tables.

Visited September 2012
Prosper, TX
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

First time at Perry's and had a great experience. Food was prepared exactly as ordered (we had the wedge salad, filet and au grautin potatoes). Extensive wine list. Live music yet not too energetic of an atmosphere. Great service. Will definitely return.

• Visited September 2012
Grand Prairie, Texas
“OK, but not Great”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I went to Perry's with my mother and sisters during restaurant week (hence the affordable rating). We paid $35 for a full three course meal when the normal price of just an entree is the typical $40-$50 steakhouse price. The hostess was pleasant and the atmosphere and decor was very nice. Great place for a romantic date. The food was jus ok. I started with a glass of moscato d'asti and it taste like a low-end grocery store brand. I ordered a 6oz filet cooked medium. But my warm pink center had some blood red in parts. It was seasoned just ok and served with asparagus. We ordered the au gratin potatoes and Mac n cheese. Potatoes were OUTSTANDING! Mac n cheese had a flavoring like nutmeg in it that did not taste good. Our dessert was a trio of creme brûlée, a chocolate treat and cheesecake. You could taste the burnt, scorched sugar on the creme brûlée (not pleasant) but the other too were excellent. Our service wasn't bad but wasn't pleasant. Didn't really appreciate the server lambasting my 72 year old mother for using the wrong bread plate. If I didn't care that she used my plate, didn't see why he needed to.

I eat out a lot. If you want to go to a high end Steak house and you want good food and a great steak, go to Pappas, Del Frisco's or Flemings.

Been to Perry's Steakhouse and Grill? Share your experiences!