“Interesting experience. Good value, but not very clear on website.”

King Spa & Waterpark
Ranked #1 of 42 Spas & Wellness in Dallas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Open 24 hours, 7 days a week. King Spa & waterpark is Korean inspired with its Jjim-Jil-Bang spa organization. Jjim-Jil-Bang spas have become apart of Korean family and community culture used to relax and de-stress. The King Spa & Water park has grabbed the attention of the American media and public with it's globally competitive new concept of a family oriented well-being sauna and spa, offering a complete sauna experience with 9 unique healing sauna rooms, acupressure massage for body and foot, movie theatre. Utilizing ancient Asian treatments, King Spa and Water park provides the ultimate way to de-stress, relax, rejuvenate and restore your body to health. We offer a variety of entertainment service from pools, sauna rooms and indoor waterpark.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Cool experience. Very relaxing and a clean venue. Website is not that helpful, so prepare to pay admission even if you are just looking to get a massage or other service. They don't take reservations so show up 30 minutes past the hour to get the soonest one available.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Out last two business trips to Dallas were too short to fit in a visit to this quirky oasis, but we were in Dallas this weekend to reconnect with our son and his bride. After breakfast at The Crossroads Diner, a 90 minute kayak excursion on White Rock Lake, we arrived at King Spa ready for a massage. We were greeted, paid our 24 hr access admission fee, given our combination locker key/ waterproof wristband "charge card" and handed our spa outfits (think pale, jail house orange drawstring shorts and pullover tops) and ordered 4 deep tissue massages for 11:10am. We split up to go in to our respective locker rooms to change. Be warned: if you are quimish about being naked, you will not be allowed in the women's shower/ hot&cold pools or sauna area. My advice is go with the flow. No one cares what you look like naked and you will feel FABULOUS after a few dips in and out of the hot/cold pools.

Next up we went en mass to the massage area. Each was assigned a female provider and off we went. Sara gave me one if the best massages I have had in the world. (It ranks #2 behind the massage at Copenhagen's Kong Arthur and in front of Milan's Principessa). Everyone'massage was outstanding. After that we used the locker pools again. The next time we will plan to stay MUCH longer. We went on a Saturday late morning to early afternoon and it was not crowded. The place was organized, clean as a whistle and he staff was polite and efficient.

3  Thank riggingdiva
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had a recent trip to King Spa & Sauna in July. Very nice Spa. I don't know about the women's side but on the men's side, here goes:
1. Hot tubs/ whirl pools - there are 4 of them, including a cold one. The temp. is showing on the outside of the pool to let you know the temp. before you go in. Very nice.
2. Dry sauna - nice size with plenty of room for several people. Nice benches to sit on and relax. You could almost fall asleep in there.
3. Steam sauna - quite noisy because of the steam generator that pushes out steam for 1 second every 5 seconds. Very loud. You almost need ear plugs. Also, you sit on hard granite-like stumps about 1.5' high. Nice steam, but very uncomfortable to sit on and stay anymore that about 2 minutes. Needs improvement or they should provide earplugs. The noise is very bad.- SERIOUSLY.
4. Showers - there are showers along 2 walls each with a mirror for shaving. Very good water pressure and you can adjust the temp. to whatever you like with the temp. knob. Their is a shampoo dispenser on the wall by each shower head and they provide bar soap. Hint: Bring your own ( I can only share bar soap with family ). They also provide toothpaste (AIM) and small toothbrushes and razors (Again, bring your own.). They also have a nice aftershave and cologne that you can use if you want. Smells nice. Also provided is tips, hairbrush, comb, and suchlike toiletries. There is a water cooler and scale if you want to check your weight. The place is very clean and the attendants are cleaning all the while you are there. They shut down the spa area at 1:30 am for a couple of hours for a thorough cleaning.
5. Nudity- as all others have mentioned, they require that you walk around in the wet spa area totally naked, not even a swim suit is allowed. So, realize that. The thing that I didn't like was the fact that since this is a "family" place, sometimes there are children in these areas, too. I don't think its a good idea for a 9 or 10 year old boy to be showering with about 15-20 grown naked men. (Maybe just my Western culture), but it was a little uncomfortable.
I did not get a scrub, so I can't comment on that. I will next time, though.
The other coed places with the sauna rooms are just as pictured and are very nice.
I spent the night in the theater room reclined on a very comfortable chair. All in all it was $27 well spent. ( A lot cheaper than a hotel ).
P.S. The food was good also. They give you quite a bit for $12.99 ( More than you will probably finish ).

2  Thank rt145996
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have now gone to King Spa twice and each time I left feeling so energized. This is the type of place that has 12 different Saunas, each themed and each having different health benefits. You pay $35 to get in and can stay up to 24 hours from the time you entered. The mens and womens locker rooms have numerous pools, all set at different temperatures, also for different health benefits. I went this past weekend and my wife and I stayed for about 7 hours. I could have stayed longer too!

There is a restaurant inside, which the food is rather tasty. You merely scan your wrist band, and pay the total when you leave. If needing to cleanse your body, go to King Spa in Dallas

1  Thank Clayton B
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I went on here on Saturday evening and it was not too crowded. I came by myself for some relaxation while my husband and boys went to Speedzone. I found this place from a deal on Groupon. I checked in at the front desk and was given a bracelet with a number and a key on it. The man didn't give me any directions so I was a little lost at first. You have to take off your shoes before you enter through the glass doors. The women's dressing room is directly on left when you enter, I didn't see it at first. The men's dressing room is right next to it. The number on your bracelet matches your shoe and clothes locker. From the dressing room you can access the bathing pools, showers,and steam sauna. This is where you have to be nude to use these facilities. You have to take a shower with soap before you can go into the pools. I recommend bringing your own shampoo and soap. They do provide soap, but it's a bar of soap. I didn't like the idea of using a bar that other people have rubbed who knows where on them. They give you one large towel, there's a $1.00 charge if you want another one. They also give you several hand towel sizes ones too. The full nudity thing does take some getting use to, but it wasn't too bad. The people that were there to relax just like I was so I didn't feel really uncomfortable. The steam sauna is great. When you get done with the bathing part, you put on the clothes they provide to go access the saunas. They sell these sock booties for $5.00 or some slippers at the front desk for $2.00. I recommend either bringing your own or buying one of these choices. A couple of the saunas the floors were so hot that it burned my feet. Also take at least your big towel with you into the saunas you'll need it to lay down on. They have free water in front of where they sell the food. There is free wi-fi also. The pot stickers were great. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. You could spend all day here easily. I was here for four hours and could have easily stayed longer.

4  Thank Debra O