“Great Experience-More Tips for an Enjoyable Experience”

King Spa & Waterpark
Ranked #1 of 44 Spas & Wellness in Dallas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Open 24 hours, 7 days a week. King Spa & waterpark is Korean inspired with its Jjim-Jil-Bang spa organization. Jjim-Jil-Bang spas have become apart of Korean family and community culture used to relax and de-stress. The King Spa & Water park has grabbed the attention of the American media and public with it's globally competitive new concept of a family oriented well-being sauna and spa, offering a complete sauna experience with 9 unique healing sauna rooms, acupressure massage for body and foot, movie theatre. Utilizing ancient Asian treatments, King Spa and Water park provides the ultimate way to de-stress, relax, rejuvenate and restore your body to health. We offer a variety of entertainment service from pools, sauna rooms and indoor waterpark.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I went on here on Saturday evening and it was not too crowded. I came by myself for some relaxation while my husband and boys went to Speedzone. I found this place from a deal on Groupon. I checked in at the front desk and was given a bracelet with a number and a key on it. The man didn't give me any directions so I was a little lost at first. You have to take off your shoes before you enter through the glass doors. The women's dressing room is directly on left when you enter, I didn't see it at first. The men's dressing room is right next to it. The number on your bracelet matches your shoe and clothes locker. From the dressing room you can access the bathing pools, showers,and steam sauna. This is where you have to be nude to use these facilities. You have to take a shower with soap before you can go into the pools. I recommend bringing your own shampoo and soap. They do provide soap, but it's a bar of soap. I didn't like the idea of using a bar that other people have rubbed who knows where on them. They give you one large towel, there's a $1.00 charge if you want another one. They also give you several hand towel sizes ones too. The full nudity thing does take some getting use to, but it wasn't too bad. The people that were there to relax just like I was so I didn't feel really uncomfortable. The steam sauna is great. When you get done with the bathing part, you put on the clothes they provide to go access the saunas. They sell these sock booties for $5.00 or some slippers at the front desk for $2.00. I recommend either bringing your own or buying one of these choices. A couple of the saunas the floors were so hot that it burned my feet. Also take at least your big towel with you into the saunas you'll need it to lay down on. They have free water in front of where they sell the food. There is free wi-fi also. The pot stickers were great. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. You could spend all day here easily. I was here for four hours and could have easily stayed longer.

4  Thank Debra O
in 3 reviews
"wet spa"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Extremely relaxing! You can stay there all day! Many different health benefits including hot and cold rooms for healing many different things. A place for quiet time, napping, and increasing your health. The staff is very helpful and pleasant.

4  Thank scubacozumel
Reviewed March 30, 2013

All of the above words describe King Spa. Since there have already been a lot of reviews I will keep it short.

Got a deal on Groupon, worth it.
Check in at front desk and get a locker key (which is used to access your lockers and also to charge things to your account which you settle at checkout.)
Proceed to lockeroom immediately removing shoes and putting in the small shoe locker that corresponds to your key. Then go to the front by the mirrors to pick up an orange or pink shirt/shorts and a towel. Be prepared to see a lot of nudity in this lockeroom as most people are "free spirited" and walk around completely naked. There will also be children, which I found strange and uncomfortable - that's my Western thinking but for them it was culturally acceptable. The lockerooms are segregated male & female, so you don't have to worry about co-ed nudity. You can either change right into your sauna shirt/shorts or remain nude to access the pools and wet areas like showers and soaks... you MUST be nude to use these which was sad to me, a modest person should be aloud to keep a bathing suit on but NO. You will be removed immediately if your clothes aren't.
So once your done with the nude areas/lockerrooms you proceed to the rest of the facility which includes saunas, treatment rooms, food court and theater area.
The saunas are small and crowded, at least on the weekend but they are clean and interesting.

It was like being in another country. The Asian population of Dallas definitely loves this spot and it's easy to see why, you can certainly leave feeling detoxed and glowing. The Fire Sudatorium is the 220 degree sauna that's not for everyone but I found it amazing! You immediately leak sweat unlike anything you've ever experienced, but you're only allowed to stay in for 8 min. It was crazy, and my thought kept racing "This is what people who were thrown in a furnace must have felt like! This is like a third-world prison or torture chamber, this is crazy! What am I doing? What If the door got stuck? This is probably not as bad as a furnace since there's no fire. This is awesome. This is what my turkey experiences in the oven every year! Has it been 8 minutes? That concrete ceiling would kill me if it fell. It's only been 4 minutes?! What am I doing.." Yeah.. it was intense. That was my favorite, and the one with the barrels.
The food was very good, I had the Salmon bento box and aloe drink. Probably would have lost weight from it all if I hadn't had the food.

All in all, I will definitely be going back.

6  Thank Mrsrook
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The experience was good, but what happens after is still going on for a year now. My wife and I got the most expensive scrub-massage. Next day she started to cover in red spots, a day after we end up in emergency. It was allergic reaction on something they use or scrub your buddy. We came back there 3 times to talk to manager. The general manager promised us to take care of this situation and it was just a words to makes us leave asap from the main hall. In couple days we gather all documents and came back not for only refund now, but to pay them all bills and not even asking for compensation. They sad ok and scan all documents and request us to come back. In a week we were back, but no one wanted to talk to us anymore, they sad: "just talk to our layer". We were mad driving back but still had patience and respect after everything. Started mail chains with that lawyer for another month, giving him the same document 2-3 times, answering same questions over and over. (which was nice to see how they don't care about u when you get in bad situation because of them, they even couldn't find person who did the message for my wife but they knew what someone who did it use. They sad oil and special sponge. My wife sad they closing your eyes so you can't see what they doing. Basically now it's almost a year and we have lawyers working on this case.

SO if you want good experience you might get it here, but if you have problems, believe me it will be headache for long time. Don't recommend this place if you like to feel respected. Just another customer with money.

4  Thank TAKSISTALO
See more reviews
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I scheduled this visit as a Get-Together with my mom and sisters. None of us had been there so we were walking in blind. The building is somewhat hidden from the road and initially we thought it had been closed, Once you see the side entrance (through the big giraffe covered arches!) it's a straight shot and the building is easy to get to. Check in was easy and we were shown to a large locker room area. Men and women are separate which is good since the first stop is the Spa area where everyone is Au Naturale. This was somewhat uncomfortable at first, VERY for my two modest sisters, but the atmosphere was so relaxed even they were able to ease in to it. Spa area has multiple showers, Steam Sauna and several spas ranging from 101 to 109 degrees. A cold water pool is a nice contrast at 65 degrees - it might as well have been arctic following the hot ones. After a bit in the Spa area, we dressed in clothes they provide (at least everyone looks equally unattractive) and entered the main area. There are 12 separate sauna rooms ranging from the ice room at 40 degrees to the Fire Sudatorium (AKA: Outer Chamber of Hell) at 200 degrees. Each room focuses on specific elements and the coinciding healing properties. I don't believe a 15 minute visit to each area will cure all my ills but it certainly didn't make anything worse and was quite restful. A large central area is filled with seating areas including multiple large and very comfortable recliners. A restaurant served Korean food (and a surprisingly good Pepperoni Pizza) for reasonable prices. The dumplings were quite good - and whole eggs cooked in one of the rooms were an interesting treat. There is a movie theatre (again with the awesome recliners) to allow some down time. Many of the movie goers were more interested in 'Comfy Chair Nap Time" than watching a DVD but, really, who cares? Rooms are available for a multitude of massages/accupressure/scrubs for a separate fee. I had the foot massage which was very nice and heard positive feedback from other guests about other services. All extras are paid for at checkout in a very easy transaction. For a single price (half price with Groupon!) you can stay for 24 hours accessing any room/activity as often as you like. We were surprised to realize we were there for 8. We would have stayed even longer but the siren call of the Olive Garden wold not be denied.

7  Thank kkiddkid