“After sauna experience, be ready !” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 36 Spas & Wellness in Dallas
McKinney, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“After sauna experience, be ready !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The experience was good, but what happens after is still going on for a year now. My wife and I got the most expensive scrub-massage. Next day she started to cover in red spots, a day after we end up in emergency. It was allergic reaction on something they use or scrub your buddy. We came back there 3 times to talk to manager. The general manager promised us to take care of this situation and it was just a words to makes us leave asap from the main hall. In couple days we gather all documents and came back not for only refund now, but to pay them all bills and not even asking for compensation. They sad ok and scan all documents and request us to come back. In a week we were back, but no one wanted to talk to us anymore, they sad: "just talk to our layer". We were mad driving back but still had patience and respect after everything. Started mail chains with that lawyer for another month, giving him the same document 2-3 times, answering same questions over and over. (which was nice to see how they don't care about u when you get in bad situation because of them, they even couldn't find person who did the message for my wife but they knew what someone who did it use. They sad oil and special sponge. My wife sad they closing your eyes so you can't see what they doing. Basically now it's almost a year and we have lawyers working on this case.

SO if you want good experience you might get it here, but if you have problems, believe me it will be headache for long time. Don't recommend this place if you like to feel respected. Just another customer with money.

Visited April 2012
4 Thank TAKSISTALO

texas
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Relaxing and fun - make sure you are COMFORTABLE with your chosen playmates!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I scheduled this visit as a Get-Together with my mom and sisters. None of us had been there so we were walking in blind. The building is somewhat hidden from the road and initially we thought it had been closed, Once you see the side entrance (through the big giraffe covered arches!) it's a straight shot and the building is easy to get to. Check in was easy and we were shown to a large locker room area. Men and women are separate which is good since the first stop is the Spa area where everyone is Au Naturale. This was somewhat uncomfortable at first, VERY for my two modest sisters, but the atmosphere was so relaxed even they were able to ease in to it. Spa area has multiple showers, Steam Sauna and several spas ranging from 101 to 109 degrees. A cold water pool is a nice contrast at 65 degrees - it might as well have been arctic following the hot ones. After a bit in the Spa area, we dressed in clothes they provide (at least everyone looks equally unattractive) and entered the main area. There are 12 separate sauna rooms ranging from the ice room at 40 degrees to the Fire Sudatorium (AKA: Outer Chamber of Hell) at 200 degrees. Each room focuses on specific elements and the coinciding healing properties. I don't believe a 15 minute visit to each area will cure all my ills but it certainly didn't make anything worse and was quite restful. A large central area is filled with seating areas including multiple large and very comfortable recliners. A restaurant served Korean food (and a surprisingly good Pepperoni Pizza) for reasonable prices. The dumplings were quite good - and whole eggs cooked in one of the rooms were an interesting treat. There is a movie theatre (again with the awesome recliners) to allow some down time. Many of the movie goers were more interested in 'Comfy Chair Nap Time" than watching a DVD but, really, who cares? Rooms are available for a multitude of massages/accupressure/scrubs for a separate fee. I had the foot massage which was very nice and heard positive feedback from other guests about other services. All extras are paid for at checkout in a very easy transaction. For a single price (half price with Groupon!) you can stay for 24 hours accessing any room/activity as often as you like. We were surprised to realize we were there for 8. We would have stayed even longer but the siren call of the Olive Garden wold not be denied.

Visited March 2013
7 Thank kkiddkid
Phoenix, Arizona
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“They have cut corners and it shows”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The lights at the sauna were replace with the ugly energy saving CFL without the coverings which made it really hard to relax. I was complaining this loud Mexican staff who were watching the large dome sauna and LOL with another customers without realizing that we are there to relax where silence is gold. The prices for the food were very expensive so I ate at the Korean stores and restaurants at the shopping mall before I walked in. That said, the scrub and the massage were great. Competition is fierce since Spa Castle opened up and they are losing customers so they had to expanded keep up with the Jones. I just wondered how much business they've lost to their competition? People are willing to pay for great services and I fear that they are on the losing end of the battle.

Visited February 2013
Euless, Texas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“New experience for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Had a groupon and this was a totally new experience for me. First of all, unless you're comfortable walking around with everything swinging around for all to see, you might want to avoid coming here. The dressing rooms/showers/bathing area (the only sex-segregated areas) are a necessity so yes, nudity is a must in there. Strangely I'm just fine with all that as long as we're all strangers--I just don't foresee bringing a group of friends and family here next time like everyone else there seems to do. Something about all my chums and family members seeing me au natural just doesn't sit right with my stupid American whitey mentality.
Anyhoo, after figuring out very quickly that the supplied uniforms are one-size-fits-no one I made it out to the main area. My husband and I then worked our way through all the different rooms. I guess you really have to spend a great deal of time here in order to reap any of the so-called benefits they all seem to offer. The air/O2 and infrared rooms seemed to do nothing but put people to sleep (and snore LOUDLY). Unfortunately those were the two rooms that weren't saunas. The others all smelled nice and were comfortable enough but again, I only spent 15-20 in each room so I couldn't tell anything was happening.
There wasn't a lot of quiet going on anywhere in this place, though they ask you to be quiet in the rooms. Ok, so if you're lucky enough to be in a room without people yip-yapping then there were people snoring. Oh. So. NOT. Relaxing. Besides, I've never been one to be able to easily fall asleep in a room full of strangers, never mind that with the mats and low lights (and having just finished eating my soup) I started thinking it was sort of like nap time in kindergarten.
But still, I enjoyed it enough to want to come back some day, even at the full price. But I certainly won't pay extra for all the add-ons like scrubs, reflexology, or swedish massages. You would think they'd lower those prices considering you already pay an admittance fee, but no---they all seem to be the usual going price for these sorts of things.
As for the food, the only thing we tried was a HUGE bowl of spicy beef soup which was pretty decent. From what I can tell by looking at everyone's tray, pretty much everything could easily serve at least two.
We ended up spending nearly 5 hours here, which was 3 more than I initially thought we'd do. I can easily see how some people can spend even more time here. Just don't expect a quiet, relaxing experience.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank goddess0063
Jackson, MS
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Bait and Switch over the phone; POOR Customer Service...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was looking for ONLY a massage while in Dallas on business. I called several place in the Dallas area and all were booked for the afternoon. I talked to this place and they said "Yes, we have PLENTY of openings". I asked how much and they said "$70 and that includes tip!". I thought GREAT; I then made a 45 min drive to them. Went inside, and then they started talking about an admission fee? They explained all the other 'stuff' they have. I told them no, I had called and only came for the massage at $70. They were un-helpful and did not care. They told me I "Had to pay the admission fee of $30 and then wait for a massage spot to come open and then pay $70 for that!" They could not even make certain I could get the message; I only had 90 minutes to spare.

Needless to say, I left this place. I just now read the reviews and am sure glad I did not go there! It sounds like they need shut down and the police need to conduct a sting operation! Nasty reviews on here!

Visited February 2013