“Best fish in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rex's Seafood Market - CLOSED

Rex's Seafood Market
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Phone: 214-351-6363 Rex Bellomy Owner
Santa Rosa, California
“Best fish in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

I am picky about my fish and Rex is simply the best in the DFW area. Simple, but very cozy. Attentive and helpful wait staff. There were 4 of us and everyone ordered something different, but we were all raving about our fish. I had the sea bass, expertly prepared. Only complaint was the lack of champagne (full bottle) from the wine list (champagne was available only by the glass). However, the wine list was decent and somewhat reasonably priced. Dallas restaurants seem to over the top when it comes to marking up wine prices. Overall a terrific evening with friends. If you want good seafood in Dallas, this is the place to go!

Sao Paulo
“Thanksgiving week in Dallas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was something of a pot luck choice. What luck!!!!
The restaurant is simple, service like wise but the sea food out of this world.
Would definitely go back.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank peter_glazier
Kihei, Hawaii
“Best Ahi Tower”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is a casual restaurant with a small town feel, and phenomenal fish! The ahi tuna tower is a wonderful mix of ahi, crab and lobster with cucumber and mango. My husband and I love this type of appetizer, and this is our favorite ahi tower in Dallas. You won't be disappointed. The fish is always good, and you can top it with "crab dynamite" which will give it a kick. It's not fancy - - but if you want an upscale seafood meal with a realistic price point, this is your place!!

Dallas, Texas
“Be Careful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I dined at Rex on Saturday, 11/2. I returned on Monday, 10/4. On both occasions the food from the kitchen was very good; including a fried "trio" of clams, oysters, and calamari. On our 2nd visit I opted for steamed clams in a traditional garlic broth. They were real "steamers,", the kind that you get in the Northeast, but not generally available in Dallas.

Rex is also a retail fish market.I asked if the "fresh" tuna salad was made daily and was assured that it was. However, upon returning home I noticed a date of 10/31 on the underside of the container. I called the market and was told that it was made on that date and that "it's good for a week." Frankly, I'm not interested in a 4 day old perishable product from a so called fresh seafood store. And it make's one wonder about the quality of their restaurant food.

I would not return.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Marshall F
South West France
“Great fish and nice valet parking...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

The quality of the fish is great but everything else is so-so. Saturday night dinner with advance reservation - no table available...when eventually - badly seated - table by the kitchen access of this fish store with tables in front - we chose our food and wine - we were greeted with a dish of oyster crackers, no bread in sight, out of our first choice of wine - the service was inadequate, the fourth appetizer never materialized... the ahi tuna tartare was huge, overspiced and looked like a dog's dinner, just a mound of farmed salmon with a few specks of black sesame in a raging hot sauce...the plate dressing for the entrees was non existent - just fish dumped on plates - on the + side the mahi mahi was very good and so was the fried trio of succulent calamari, shrimp and oysters and the fresh shucked oysters were divine.The veggie sides which are chosen from the board reminded me of the 1960s: greyish snap peas and watery okra... We saw some desserts pass by, nothing to rave about on the looks side...we went home and i fixed dessert. So to sum up: if you don't know how to cook fish and don't mind being in the way of inattentive staff - the bill included the lobster bisque that my son-in-law never received and the server on being asked to remove it did not even flinch - that's the place...we will keep trying to find nice seafood in Dallas.

1 Thank earthtravelers