“Quaint Place”

Cuisines: Irish
Dallas, TX
“Quaint Place”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is a small place that has loud music playing, good to know if your going there with your elderly parents to have something to eat. The menu selection is huge! The portion sizes are small. The good was good enough but it was not great and I did not leave with the great feeling of really wanting to come back. Portions for the price are not good. We have been there twice now, first time the waitress was not good, this time the waitress was good. She even gave me a sample of their Guinness Beef Stew to help in our ordering selection. They have an outside patio which is where the smoking section is, you have to walk past all the smoking to enter the restaurant. I think this place is really not for a quite dinner with your parents, but maybe to have a beer with friends.

• Visited September 2012

Dallas, TX
“Turn down the jukebox and we'll talk”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have been to Malarkey's three times now. Twice the service was quite good, but this last time it wasn't so hot. Our server disappeared for close to 45 minutes. Their glassware is smaller than other places that charge similar drink prices. Also, they play their jukebox entirely too loud at all times. It's not a dance club, guys. Just because you can turn it up that loud, that doesn't mean you should.

They have a nice outdoor seating area with fans. Though, if you don't like cigarette smoke, you might not want to sit out there. The food has quality ingredients and nice presentation.

Overall, not a bad place to spend a few hours with thirsty friends who don't mind leaving with a touch of hearing loss / tinnitus.

• Visited July 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is a great place!”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Malarkey's Tavern is a great place for Irish style food and drinks. Our waitress, Hanna, was excellent. She was attentive and helped with our food choices since it was our first time there. The food was great tasting and a good value.

• Visited February 2012
“Great local pub. Only Steelers bar that I know of.”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We usually go for just drinks, but we sometimes get appetizers. I love the cheese board. The crowd is mostly local neighborhood people, but everyone is welcome. It's a Pittsburg Steelers bar whenever they are playing (I've never watched a game there, but seems like a good place for it). Great place to meet for happy hour or to play Golden Tee or darts .

Dallas, Texas
“GREAT”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I go there quite often, and I love it. The waitresses and bartenders are all very helpful, especially Katey and Liz. I never have to wait, and she knows exactly what I want right when I walk in... Hows that for excellent customer service!? The drinks are always strong, and the selection is crazy... TWENTY beers on tap..thats insane! And then another EIGHTY in the bottle! That's not even including all of the liquor! Pretty much anything you can think of, they've got it. And the food, excellent...I always get the irish tacos, or the irish nachos...the malrakey balls are great too. This place is a very fun and friendly place, the owners all walk around and talk to everyone, making everyone feel very welcomed. The atmosphere is very relaxed, suitable for the older more refined crowd.. it's never too rowdy, and the customers are all pretty laid back. The drink specials are great, too. This is the place to go.

Visited November 2011