“This is a great place!”

Cuisines: Irish
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is a great place!”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Malarkey's Tavern is a great place for Irish style food and drinks. Our waitress, Hanna, was excellent. She was attentive and helped with our food choices since it was our first time there. The food was great tasting and a good value.

• Visited February 2012

“Great local pub. Only Steelers bar that I know of.”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We usually go for just drinks, but we sometimes get appetizers. I love the cheese board. The crowd is mostly local neighborhood people, but everyone is welcome. It's a Pittsburg Steelers bar whenever they are playing (I've never watched a game there, but seems like a good place for it). Great place to meet for happy hour or to play Golden Tee or darts .

Dallas, Texas
“GREAT”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I go there quite often, and I love it. The waitresses and bartenders are all very helpful, especially Katey and Liz. I never have to wait, and she knows exactly what I want right when I walk in... Hows that for excellent customer service!? The drinks are always strong, and the selection is crazy... TWENTY beers on tap..thats insane! And then another EIGHTY in the bottle! That's not even including all of the liquor! Pretty much anything you can think of, they've got it. And the food, excellent...I always get the irish tacos, or the irish nachos...the malrakey balls are great too. This place is a very fun and friendly place, the owners all walk around and talk to everyone, making everyone feel very welcomed. The atmosphere is very relaxed, suitable for the older more refined crowd.. it's never too rowdy, and the customers are all pretty laid back. The drink specials are great, too. This is the place to go.

Visited November 2011
Chicago
“An OK local watering hole"”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Can't think of any reason to come here just for the food, as pub food is never anything to get too excited about. This is a very well-appointed Irish Pub with a fun decor. The outside patio is always hopping on weekend nights. They could do a better job of maintaining bathroom cleanliness on weekend nights. The staff is friendly, however I was disappointed one of the bartenders tried to overcharge me for a pizza, because they have placards up all over the bar advertising $5.00 pizzas. Oh well. I'd like to think it was an honest mistake.

• Visited November 2011
texas
“Overpriced bad food”
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Ordered Appetisers and it was not good at all. Dinner was also pretty bad. small quantities, high price for a bar. food quality poor. will not return