“Wonderful Atmosphere, Delicious Food”
Review of Ocean Prime

Ocean Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 3,656 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pearl
Description: OCEAN PRIME is a modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. Located at Rosewood Court in Uptown Dallas, OCEAN PRIME Dallas is minutes away from some of the city’s top cultural and sports attractions, making it a local favorite before and after the Mavericks and Stars’ games. Recognized as one of the “Top 20 Steakhouses” and for “Best Dessert” by D magazine, OCEAN PRIME Dallas delivers an extraordinary experience to guests. Stunning settings and a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and prime cuts of steak, signature cocktails, a Wine Spectator-honored wine list and truly genuine hospitality make OCEAN PRIME Dallas an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I'm not quite sure where to start, the food, service, drinks the atmosphere exceeded expectations. Came here for my first time a couple of weeks ago, and it was just delightful. If you like deviled eggs, it is a must. I went the steak route, my date toke the seafood route. I remember they told me they broiled the steak at 1200 degrees, really makes a difference "i had the Kansas strip". The dish my date had was the ginger salmon, i only had a taste of it and it just made my mouth water. There is a half dozen ways to choose from how you would like your potato's! There is a lobster style, yams, I had the jalapeno sliced potatoes with swiss. Just superb service, loved the place.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had previously been to this restaurant for lunch but this was my first dinner. We had the calamari appetizer which was very good and I'm not normally a calamari fan. My dinner companions all had a fish entree which they enjoyed. Being in Texas, I had the filet. It was very good but slightly undercooked from my request. Overall, we were pleased with the meal and service and would return.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Appetizers: goat cheese dumplings and crab cakes were great, calamari was excellent - spicy but not too much. They have a signature martini that's basically a Cosmo with dry ice that steams on the surface. Sea bass was superb, and sorbet was only dessert light enough after the meal. Highly recommend !

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by for some of these "famous apps". Was not disappointed. Tuna tartar over crispy wonton and avocado that was tossed with wasabi. The sea scallops and braised short rib. The calamari. The jumbo crab cake with creamed corn. Honestly all fantastic. They even had popcorn flavored with truffled butter. Need to eat dinner next time

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We were a party of 4 here and we all agreed that the food was pretty good. All our steaks were good, apps were good and the dessert was food. Worth the money to eat here. Staff is friendly and attentive. Would definitely go back if/when I'm in Dallas again.

Been to Ocean Prime? Share your experiences!