“Not my first choice of a Holiday Inn Express, but still a good choice.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West
Ranked #86 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Kohler, Wisconsin
“Not my first choice of a Holiday Inn Express, but still a good choice.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were scheduled to stay in Downtown Dallas at a boutique Hotel of which we had only seen pics online. It was AWFUL! So, being IHG Members, we decided to just stay at a Holiday Inn Express. We chose this one due to its proximity to downtown and other shopping malls, etc. It was a midway between several destinations, though a more industrial area than I prefer. Chaz graciously welcomed us and assisted us several times during our stay--he was great. The hotel was nice and clean, breakfast was the standard Holiday Inn Express buffet/Continental.The room was adequate but could use some touching up (paint chipping, etc---not awful but could get that way soon without proper maintenance). A few snags/disappointments during our stay......no IHG member "gift", although we did get a room upgrade, the computers in the business area wouldn't print my documents so I needed assistance to get them to print, and a mix-up with number of nights at check-in resulting in a phone call from front desk the next day asking if we planned on extending our stay. However, my biggest problem was with the proximity of the bed to the A/C unit in the room---I did not sleep very well due to it blowing right on me. If I adjusted it, then it got very hot. Therefore, this would likely not be my first choice if ever in Dallas again, but it is still a good choice (sure beat the "boutique" hotel that was double in price).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dawn R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear FourPackerBackers,
I wish to apologize that your stay with us was not up to your expectation, firstly you are now given a choice of an amenity or check in bonus points I am so sorry that was not offered to you.
I wish to again apologize for the little snags you had during your stay we will definitely work on getting things right and hope that on your next visit to dallas you would give us another opportunity to show you our excellent customer service.

Dawn Romeo - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I checked in a little early and had booked my room online. There was some issue with the 3rd party that was supposed to pay. At 3:45am someone attempted to get into my room (thank goodness I had the safety latch in place). I called the front desk to inform them that someone had tried to get in my room only to learn then that I had not been completely checked in. Someone had come in to get a room, but wanted to see it first before agreeing up get it for the night and my room showed to he open and cleaned. I was helped by a manager when I was attempting to check in. I went down the next morning to complain and got several "we're sorry", but that doesn't help the fact that it should have shown booked. It scared me to the point if not being able to go back to sleep. The room was very clean, great fitness room, and free breakfast.

Stayed June 2014
Dawn R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear 1okiegirl,
I do apologize for the mix up with your room I will have a coaching session with my staff to make sure that this does not happen in the future or to another guest. Again please accept my apologies and I would hope you would give us another opportunity to show you our great service we do look forward to your next visit.

Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

My job sent me to Dallas for the week. I was very pleased by how nice and clean this location was. The staff was very friendly and eager to help without hesitation. Amber and Chaz really made my stay enjoyable. Thanks guys!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dawn R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Hello Mzrena,
It is great to hear that we exceeded your expectations with cleanliness and service, I will be sure to let Amber and Chaz know that you spoke highly about them taking great care of you during your stay. We look forward to your next visit with us.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

My family and I decided to stay here for what was supposed to be two nights. I was informed at check-in by Chaz at the front desk that he could accommodate me for two nights; however, we MAY need to switch rooms the next morning. Ok, switching rooms is a little bit of a hassle, but not a huge deal. However, I woke up at 6:30 the next morning to find an invoice under my door as if we were leaving, when in fact we had arranged for and planned on staying another night. I called the front desk immediately and spoke with Roland. He informed me that we indeed could not spend another night as the hotel had over booked by 4 rooms!! Needless to say, we were very upset!!! That is not what I was told on check in by Chaz! So, my family and I packed all of our belongings up and loaded them in the car. On the way out, I spoke with Vanessa the manager on duty and Chaz the front desk attendant. Chaz apologized. Vanessa never did. She stated that "they" had worked it out, and they all of a sudden had an available room for us today. I told her that I wouldn't stay there another night if they paid me too! I've traveled a lot and I have never been treated so poorly!!! Never again Holiday Inn!!

Stayed June 2014
Dawn R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Banshee330,
I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff and the way in which your reservations was handled, I will definitely have some couching with my staff. I would also be upset if I had to pack up and leave when I know my reservations were for 2 nights.
Again please accept my apologies and I hope you would give us another opportunity to make good on our promise of excellent customer service.

Stanton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

We had 7 rooms and there were a few problems with the rate, but it was quickly resolved. Monique was very helpful the whole time we were there. We have stayed here before and will definitely be back. A big thanks to all the staff, especially Monique.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dawn R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Hello Ms., Sally P,
I am so happy that Monique and the staff was able to make your stay an great one, We thank you so much for your review and we do look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to Dallas.

Dawn Romeo
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Our stay was great. Clean room and Hotel was clean as well.
We stay here both for business and when we come into Dallas to see family.
I have always enjoyed staying at this location even though we have to drive a
little out of our way. Great food places close enough to walk to.
Breakfast in the mornings is also great.
Amber was a great help when we checked out and very friendly.

Room Tip: rooms 402 and 406 great rooms away from elevator and other noises
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dawn R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Margaret B,
We at the Holiday Inn Express Dallas West am so glad that we were able to make your stay a great one, I thank you for your review and will make sure that I pass your comments along to the staff and Amber.
Thank You for your review and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Dawn Romeo- General Manager.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

I'm grateful to the staff who made me feel at home. Vanessa helped me in several ways including printing out a boarding pass. The lady who checked us in advised on the safest location to park our trailer, and Monique gave us a friendly send off. The hotel is very nice but the staff are most memorable to me!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dawn R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Hello Lizard 1957,
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas West, we are so happy that your stay was exceptional and my staff took care of your needs, especially Vanessa and Monique with reviews from our guests like yours makes the effort worth while.
Thank You and we look forward to your next visit.

Dawn Romeo - General Manager.