“Week long stay”

Ranked #98 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Austin
“Week long stay”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My job sent me to Dallas for the week. I was very pleased by how nice and clean this location was. The staff was very friendly and eager to help without hesitation. Amber and Chaz really made my stay enjoyable. Thanks guys!

• Stayed June 2014
Dawn R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Hello Mzrena,
It is great to hear that we exceeded your expectations with cleanliness and service, I will be sure to let Amber and Chaz know that you spoke highly about them taking great care of you during your stay. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Dawn Romeo - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

My family and I decided to stay here for what was supposed to be two nights. I was informed at check-in by Chaz at the front desk that he could accommodate me for two nights; however, we MAY need to switch rooms the next morning. Ok, switching rooms is a little bit of a hassle, but not a huge deal. However, I woke up at 6:30 the next morning to find an invoice under my door as if we were leaving, when in fact we had arranged for and planned on staying another night. I called the front desk immediately and spoke with Roland. He informed me that we indeed could not spend another night as the hotel had over booked by 4 rooms!! Needless to say, we were very upset!!! That is not what I was told on check in by Chaz! So, my family and I packed all of our belongings up and loaded them in the car. On the way out, I spoke with Vanessa the manager on duty and Chaz the front desk attendant. Chaz apologized. Vanessa never did. She stated that "they" had worked it out, and they all of a sudden had an available room for us today. I told her that I wouldn't stay there another night if they paid me too! I've traveled a lot and I have never been treated so poorly!!! Never again Holiday Inn!!

Stayed June 2014
Dawn R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Banshee330,
I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff and the way in which your reservations was handled, I will definitely have some couching with my staff. I would also be upset if I had to pack up and leave when I know my reservations were for 2 nights.
Again please accept my apologies and I hope you would give us another opportunity to make good on our promise of excellent customer service.

Stanton, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We had 7 rooms and there were a few problems with the rate, but it was quickly resolved. Monique was very helpful the whole time we were there. We have stayed here before and will definitely be back. A big thanks to all the staff, especially Monique.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dawn R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Hello Ms., Sally P,
I am so happy that Monique and the staff was able to make your stay an great one, We thank you so much for your review and we do look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to Dallas.

Dawn Romeo
Spring, Texas
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Our stay was great. Clean room and Hotel was clean as well.
We stay here both for business and when we come into Dallas to see family.
I have always enjoyed staying at this location even though we have to drive a
little out of our way. Great food places close enough to walk to.
Breakfast in the mornings is also great.
Amber was a great help when we checked out and very friendly.

Room Tip: rooms 402 and 406 great rooms away from elevator and other noises
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dawn R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Margaret B,
We at the Holiday Inn Express Dallas West am so glad that we were able to make your stay a great one, I thank you for your review and will make sure that I pass your comments along to the staff and Amber.
Thank You for your review and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Dawn Romeo- General Manager.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I'm grateful to the staff who made me feel at home. Vanessa helped me in several ways including printing out a boarding pass. The lady who checked us in advised on the safest location to park our trailer, and Monique gave us a friendly send off. The hotel is very nice but the staff are most memorable to me!

• Stayed May 2014
Dawn R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Hello Lizard 1957,
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas West, we are so happy that your stay was exceptional and my staff took care of your needs, especially Vanessa and Monique with reviews from our guests like yours makes the effort worth while.
Thank You and we look forward to your next visit.

Dawn Romeo - General Manager.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The staff at this Holiday Inn Express are exceptional - professional, friendly and welcoming. The room/bed were very comfortable although I heard the conversations of guests on either side of me. Fortunately, I'm a sound sleeper. Breakfast was typical and there is a small fitness center. My room was very clean, but the bathroom didn't receive the same attention. I was also annoyed that while there is signage everywhere about the opportunity to save water by reusing towels, my hung up towels were replaced. I thought Holiday Inn Express made a commitment to sustainability, but it was not apparent here - not even any recycling. Finally, I reserved the room last minute, so my room rate was probably higher than normal, but it seemed a bit high for the value.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dawn R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear MikeMoAtl,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. We strive to provide our guest stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible, so we are very pleased to note that your positive feedback about our friendly and helpful staff, and room cleanliness. I am sorry that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectations in particular the noise level, our lack of conservation methods and your room rate. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments has been noted again thank you for taking time out to review us and hope that if your travel brings you into the dallas area you would make us your 1st choice. We look forward to your next visit.

Davison, Michigan
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed a this hotel for a week while visiting friends. I choose the hotel because it was new and location. The outside parking is well lite and the lobby was extra clean. When checking in the clerk was friendly and helpful. When I entered the room it appeared clean and well laid out. The first night was very quiet and I was very pleased with my selection. The next night I had someone above and they walked till midnight. The third night I had someone next door. Again it was noisy and you could hear them taking a shower and flushing a toilet. This is not the type of noise you expect in a Holiday Inn. The breakfast was adequate but not up to standard. The instant eggs were runny and limited selection of fruit. The pool was small but well maintained the exercise was clean and adequate. In short the next time I visit I will try a different hotel in the area. If you do stay insist on a room on the top floor.

Room Tip: Stay on top floor then you will only hear noise from neighbors
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear lar3313,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that your positive feedback about our friendly and helpful staff, room cleanliness and location of the hotel. I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectations in particular the noise and quality of breakfast. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments has been forwarded to the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction.

Lera P