“Anniversary dinner”

Cross street: Frankford
Plano, Texas, United States
“Anniversary dinner”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our experience was just wonderful. The waitress new all the dishes and what was in each one. Food was delicious. We will definitely go back and tell all our friends about this restaurant. Should you take your Children the Mac and cheese pizza with bacon was the best my son has ever tasted.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Dawn W

Dallas, Texas
“I think it's going to get better”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Our visit to Battuto was not as orgasmic as some of the others here, but it was good enough that we'll go back. The space has been through several manifestations in the last year or so and this is by far the best, so I hope that they do well.

The interior is attractive and elegant, even though they'd only made minor adjustments to the space. What they did worked. The service was excellent. I thought the wine list was pricey, so we opted for Peronis. The food is definitely affordable, we just weren't carried away with what we chose.

My husband had a prosciutto pannini. He said the prosciutto was tough and there was too much bread and not enough everything else. However, he adored the fries.

I had the chicken pasta with mushroom and olives. It was OK, but certainly not something to rave about. Sort of bland, to tell the truth.

If you haven't been, you should, but don't order what we did.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Italian restaurant in North Dallas.”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

It has been consistently the best Italian food in North Dallas. What a delicious food, not without mentioning the great service!

1 Thank Vdiaz16
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible food, wonderful atmosphere, & outstanding service!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I cannot brag enough about Battuto Italian Kitchen! Their authentic Italian food made by highly experienced chefs is absolutely incredible. The kids menu, inspired by Gene & Julie's daughter Sophia, is perfect for all children. The atmosphere is very pleasant and comfortable, welcoming to all. And the servers and staff are among the best in town, so friendly and knowledgable! Overall, this restaurant blew my mind and I highly recommend it to everyone. Gene and Julie truly did an amazing job.

1 Thank Aprilmayjune1
Plano, Texas
“Battuto - That's Amore”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I enjoyed a wonderful dinner last night at new restaurant in North Dallas. It was a refreshing experience because it was not your “typical” Italian restaurant. Battuto’s has a very unique menu with items such as Burrata and Roasted Garlic with Grilled Tuscan Bread. I am now dreaming about this yummy mozzarella, roasted garlic spread over this most scrumptious bread. Now the best yet for me was the Veal Burger on a homemade bun. Honestly, I have never seen this on a menu and it literally melted in my mouth. The service was excellent with friendly and knowledgeable staff and the atmosphere was warm and cozy. I will definitely be back (want to try everything on their menu) and this is a must try for anyone who loves Italian food and for those who don’t – there is something for everyone!!

1 Thank Cheryl L