“If it is outside - save your money”

AT&T Performing Arts Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$74.69*
and up
Arts District Segway Tour
Ranked #10 of 39 Concerts & Shows in Dallas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Was so excited to see Gypsy Kings. Venue is outside which I first thought was a great use of space. External stage and lawn downtown. Seating was supposed to open at 730pm for inspection of totes (BYOB). It was about 750pm when the line started to move. Staff inside watching people spread blankets and making folks crowd together since event was sold out. Tickets listed start time as 830pm. GK didn't take the stage till shortly after 9pm. They played for an hour...sixty minutes. Then staff telling folks to hurry and leave. For this, we payed $150.00+ for parking and lawn tickets to hear sixty minutes. Never, ever again and I don't care who is playing there...what a rip off....caveat emptor!

3  Thank RoundWorld80

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was here for a Spring 2013 performance of Puccini's Turandot. The Dallas Opera was amazing. The Opera house was a spectacular place to house the show and I hope to get the opportunity to see another performance here again.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This center consists of 3 venues. One is the Winspear Opera House where we saw "Anything Goes" played by the Roundabout Theatre Company. The building is beautiful. I don't know how covienent the upper levels are but from orchestra seating drinks, snacks and rest rooms are easily accessable. If you associate opera with formal clothing, you’ll be surprised that the dress code is far more relaxed than you might expect. Business attire is fine and a fair number of people wear jeans, mingling with those in evening gowns.You can dress in casual clothing but don’t have a relaxed attitude when it comes to arrival time. Get there late and you’ll have to watch the opera or other musical performances on a closed-circuit television in the lobby. There are no exceptions to this rule – so plan accordingly! The small extra charge for valet parking is worthwhile because escalators take you directly into the lobby. The center is located close to the downtown Arts District.

6  Thank Lea56738
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is one of the finest theaters in the world. The place is worth a visit even if you don't see a performance. I usually splurge on good seats, but I think the acoustics would be good anywhere. The thing that amazes me is how efficiently designed the parking garage is. Even when the theatre is packed, we are out of there in less than ten minutes.

2  Thank BJBDallas
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went to the AT & T Performing Arts Center to see the show "Anything Goes". I parked in the parking garage which was easy to find and park. Went up the Escalator to the theater. They had not opened the theater yet so it was suggested I go upstairs and look at the outdoor patios - one on each side of the theater. It was night and all the lights were on in downtown Dallas - it was a great view! Taking the stairs down gave a good view of the different levels of the theater. When I went inside the theater, I was in the third row in the middle - great seats - could really see all the expressions on the actor's faces! I don't remember ever seeing this show before but I thouroughly enjoyed it. The singing was great, loved the tap dancing and the story itself was fun and entertaining. I am looking forward to seeing my next show there.