“Great rooms and awesome staff”

Aloft Dallas Downtown
Ranked #65 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Love this hotel for its hipster chic and great staff. Teddy and Justin always make me feel at home and the rooms never disappoint. Some don't like the lack of room service or other high end touches, but they just don't get what Aloft is all about.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear R0bertG976,
We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel and accommodations during your recent stay. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how friendly our staff was and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed at the Aloft for the first time even though we live in the area and will often stay downtown so we don't have to drive home to the suburbs. We usually stay in the W but decided to save a little money and give the Aloft a try. Building is beautiful, they've kept a lot of the original design and it makes it so much more interesting than most Alofts. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Girl at the front desk volunteered lots of things that were going on in the area. We were upgraded to a suite with a beautiful view. The bar is a nice atmosphere and great for a before or after dinner drink. I was also impressed with what they've done in that area of Dallas. Last time I was down that far it was not a great neighborhood but they've really made it nice. And great coffee and cappuccino in the little lounge for breakfast. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eatapper

Dear eatapper,
We appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel based on your recent stay with us. We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel and that you found our staff to be so accommodating. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've stayed in over a dozen different Aloft properties, as I always try to stick with Starwood hotels, and I like the Aloft concept.

This property is different from all of the other Aloft hotels where I have stayed.

Because it is in a historic building that used to be a factory and many other things, each room and floor has some unique character.

My particular room was very big, with a sofa and lounge area, tall ceilings, and it overlooked the Dallas Convention Center and park.

I wish I didn't have to pay the $10 per night parking fee, but other than that, I found the service, value, gym, room, and other aspects to be excellent.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor that faces the convention center.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear thegov,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive sentiments about our hotel with us. It's always great to hear when our guests have wonderful experiences at our Dallas hotel and appreciate the character and history of our building! We hope you will once again stay with us whenever your travels bring you back to Dallas.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at the Aloft Downtown Dallas on a business trip and it was an OK experience - I do find the food and breakfast a little basic and this time I had to ask twice for some coffee for my room as the maid hadn't left any. Little things, but its always the small things that make the difference! There is plenty of parking around and this again will cost $10 per day. There didn't seem to be many restaurants right next door - the front desk advised the restaurants were a 5-10 min walk away. The room itself is fine and well laid out (same as all A-Loft Hotels) and had free wifi (though this was not very fast) - I would stay again but only if it was downtown that I had to go - I would think this appeals to younger users as the games area and leisure facilities looked good

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor and I'd think higher the better (goes to 9th). Ask to be away from the li...
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I stay at W hotels often and I was very disappointed with this hotel. First, we booked a suite and prepaid for it. Well, we did not get a suite and were told " we are just too busy with the UT v. OU crowd." We were told our room was "kind of" a suite--just a smaller than usual one. Second, we were forced to wear wrist bands all weekend and were told that if we did not, we would not be allowed in at night-even if we had our room key and an I.d. Needless to say, we were not happy about having to wear a plastic wrist band all weekend. The shower leaked, the bed was uncomfortable and the carpet in the room was very dirty.

3  Thank christian c
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear christanc,
We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us; We understand how your experience may have left you frustrated but want you to know we take your feedback seriously as a means to improve our hotel and services so we will look into the issues you encountered to improve moving forward. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We loved the basics of this hotel--our bed was comfortable, water pressure in beautiful walk-in shower was great, and all the staff went out of their way to be friendly. Not surprising for the price. Now, for the price we paid, we expected many small amenities to be included, but they were not. Breakfast was available, but you paid for it. I had to repair my husband's pants, so I paid for a very basic sewing kit. Parking was $10/night. You will have everything you want at Aloft, and probably more, but you pay extra for it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Kathy N,
We're glad you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed for a convention across the street. Great location! The hotel was very hip with a lobby bar and lounges and free pool table. They have newly refurbished rooms that are comfortable and well designed. The only downfall was the variety and quality of food served. That being said it does not claim to be a restaurant. Staff was very nice and Meridith Cleary did a great job!
Will be back next year!