“Love this place!”

Aloft Dallas Downtown
Ranked #69 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
“Love this place!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've been to this hotel twice and have been very pleased both times. I love that it's not the same old hotel that I've seen over and over again. The staff is friendly, the rooms are nice with all the amenities you need, and the bar and pool area are great! This hotel is also close and convenient to downtown for business and entertainment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you are looking for a comfortable, well lit room, the Aloft in downtown Dallas is not the place to find it. The front desk service was excellent and the decor very hip and contemporary. We stayed in a suite which was big and we appreciated the upgrade we received as a Starwood Platinum member. We were there less than 12 hours so we had no time to explore the amenities offered.

There was a big screen TV that was greata small refrigerator, but the furniture in the room was just not comfortable and the lighting in the living room area dismal. We arrived around 9:30 pm so there was no daylight available which I am sure solves the lighting issue during daylight hours. The bed was lumpy and the pillows flimsy.

If utilitarian is your thing, then you will be happy here. My husband travels on business frequently and has stayed at this brand of hotel in other cities. Based on his experience, he said that this one, which is in a converted factory, ranked below Aloft's in other cities. We would rather sacrifice the really hip atmosphere for a bit more comfort.

I also want to mention that you pay $10 per night to park in a huge lot that is next to the hotel. When we mentioned our concerns for the safety of the car overnight, they said that the lot is patrolled by a security officer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chaz2
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I love the consistency of Aloft hotels (maybe because the chain is new, or they are part of Starwood - I'm not sure), but the rooms here are clean and well appointed (yet a clean, minimalistic feel). I realize the 3 star rating on most sites is because they don't have a restaurant, but it would be 4 star without that.

Big windows that allow you to partially open one, lots of character, and comfortable beds. Great bathrooms too.

Parking is also reasonable ($10/night) for Downtown Dallas. I like Aloft for the "simple but classy chic" nature (sorry, best way I could think to describe it. Self surface-parking is nice (I personally don't like valet).

My only complaint is wifi - it's slow & unreliable in the rooms (I assume because it's an old warehouse with lots of brick & concrete ceilings), but I had my own Verizon wifi so I was okay.

Staff was great - efficient, friendly. Extraordinarily clean everywhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PJL60654
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear how much you enjoy staying at Aloft Hotels. We think "simple but classy chic" is a great way to describe our hotel! Thanks for the feedback on the WiFi. The building does make it a little more difficult to stream internet but we are working on ways to improve that. Thanks again!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'm a huge SPG fan and was excited when aLoft arrived. After staying there a few times and most recently, and possibly lastly, in Dallas I just wish they would fix the bedding. The pillows are lumpy and hard and being part of W, Westin, Sheraton bedding is something they should get right. We checked in real late and was assigned a room that was occupied or recently occupied, I didn't check the bed. This hotel is managed by two separate companies franchised from Starwood.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank scottreynolds75
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Aloft Dallas is only the second Aloft property that I have stayed at. It's in an old building that has been totally renovated. It has high ceilings and rooms are strange shapes and sizes, which I liked. The lobby is a little loud with music playing and had a nice lounge area. They have a large parking lot behind the hotel which is also nice to find in a hotel at the edge of down town. .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JAkles
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thanks for the review. We are very proud of the history of our building and the modern features used to turn it into an adaptive reuse. We're glad to hear you appreciate our unique design. Thanks again!
tsc16
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very clean, and new hotel close to the Dallas Convention Center. Didn't experience the noise issue that other travelers complained about, however, I requested a quiet room. Unfortunately, being in a quiet room translated to a room with a very small, high window that let in no light - felt like I was in a dungeon. In Dallas for five days, however, no drawers or closet in the room - just a very small rod to cram all of your clothes. Bed was ok - not super comfortable. And, no restaurant or room service. Sparse, though attentive service from the hotel staff. Recommend others check out the Omni for convention goers or The Joule for business trips.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate your feedback on the storage space and the beds. As we are a unique Aloft, each one of our rooms is also unique. Several of our rooms do offer a larger windows section than others. The same is true with the amount of storage space available. I'm sorry to hear that the room you received wasn't quite in line with your expectations in these aspects. Also, while we are a select service hotel and do not have a full service restaurant, we do have hot food available at the W XYZ Bar and grab and go options in our Re:Fuel area. Thanks again for your comments. Take care!
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Industrial chic! Love the look of the hotel. Has a nice quirkiness about it. No restaurant and so no room service. It has a decent gym. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Its only about two blocks from the Convention Center.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business