“Great hotel and stay”

Ranked #67 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
New Jersey
“Great hotel and stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I just finished a 3 night stay at the Aloft for a business conference at the Convention Center, and my experience was excellent in every way. The Aloft is extremely convenient both to the Convention Center and to downtown, so I was able to walk to many attractions and restaurants. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive at all times, which was very much appreciated. No request was too mundane, and everything was handled with class. My room was spacious, particularly with the high ceilings, and I appreciated the well-appointed fitness center and all of the "green" touches and options around the hotel - I chose not to have my room made up in exchange for 250 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints per night. I also loved the vibe and decor - not a stuffy hotel by any means. To sum, I would recommend the Aloft to anyone interested in a slightly different (and very welcome) hotel experience.

Room Tip: The Savvy Suite was a very nice-sized room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DAC614
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that our location was an added convenience. We take great pride in providing great customer service to our guests and are glad you were able to experience that. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here at the end of a very long road trip. The hotel is walking distance from lots of Dallas tourist attractions so we took advantage and saw the sights one day. The next day we were beat, so we decided to stay in and the hotel did not disappoint. We had a yummy dinner at the bar (XYZ), played some games they had in the lobby, and then enjoyed our comfy room. The staff was friendly, the shower amenities lovely, and the overall ambiance is energetic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night because the Omni was full. The whole aloft brand is just a little too cool for me. Not sure who the aloft demographic is but I am guessing it is not me. That said - the staff was super and accommodating and friendly. The rooms had necessary amenities. Free wifi is always good. I did not get to try the health club.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is my third stay at an Aloft hotel, first time at downtown Dallas location. It's hard to stay anywhere else after staying at Aloft, the decor is so cool! The rooms were clean, roomy, and we had a great view of the city! The only thing that was annoying was the housekeeping service in the morning. Check out is at noon, so there is no need to knock 3 times from 8:30 to 11:30 when we have already told you we are not ready to check out yet. Really nice pool also! Will be back soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for bringing the issue with housekeeping to our attention. We'll address this right away. Thanks again for your comments!
Greenville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I love this hotel even though during the week the prices are a little high for me. But the ran a special where you get the 2nd night 40% off so I booked it. I have stayed here before and loved it. Very convenient parking and the people are super nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
West Hallam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We ended our Texas trip at the Aloft. The staff could not havs been more helpful. When we booked I asked for a room with a good view of Dallas. The room we had was the best view of Dallas. The beds were were very comfortable and the room was very colorfull and hip.the entire hotel had a great feel to it. The location is within easy walking distance of downtown and the Kennedy memorial is a short walk. Thanks to the Aloft we ended our trip on a great note.

Room Tip: Call the hotel direct and ask for best rate and room .
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback - we really appreciate it! We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us including the view of Dallas. Thanks again!
Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here with a colleague in February 2013 for a convention at the Dallas Convention Center. My colleague got the rooms with her Starwood points and I tagged along.

LOCATION: Very easy (and refreshing) walk to the convention center. Close enough to walk back in the middle of the day for a respite.

AMENITIES: A full-service bar is downstairs with places to gather and chat. While we never frequented it, it did look like the happening place. There is a snack shack where you can get random snacks, and there's a very limited breakfast menu that you can order from the window. Other than that, there are no restaurants or room service.

ROOM: It was big. And it is very lofty feeling. Brick interior walls and open ceilings with exposed vents and ducts. The carpet is not really padded, and the bathroom has a cool sliding door/wall. The biggest gripe: we had no drawers. We did get a special needs room and I don't know if this had anything to do with the lack of drawers or not....and the hangers were very low. Dresses dragged on the ground. The space to store clothes was very limited, so we lived out of our suitcases.

SERVICE: The staff was very nice and accommodating. Always pleasant...helpful....smiling and welcoming.

NOISE: We did experience a few nights, one in particular, where the partiers were running up and down the halls and yelling. It woke us up out of a deep sleep. While I do not blame the hotel for their guests' behavior, I suppose the crowd they cater to is younger and prone to late night parties. That said, I've had similar experiences in 5 Star properties, so I can't say this is unique to the aLoft.

OVERALL: It felt like I was visiting my son in college. They have put a lot of thought into making the place unique and hip. I totally give them that. They've done a great job. However, I am a 40 year old wife and mother, who owns my own business, and when I travel for business, I prefer to stay in a place where I can get my bags delivered to my room, room service, a massage & facial, a place with a luxury feel to it. I like to be pampered. But that does not mean that I don't appreciate what the aLoft has to offer. It's a cool place for the right person.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it! We understand that Aloft may not be for everyone but we appreciate the fact that you recognize the audience we are catering to. We’re happy to hear that you still enjoyed your stay with us. Take care!