“Great retro feel!”

Aloft Dallas Downtown
Ranked #64 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I recently attended a conference in Dallas and stayed at the Aloft. I was on the ninth floor, in a king sized bed. The room was nicely arranged with nice amenities, such as outlets near the bed, a large television at the foot of the bed and a nicely sized bathroom. Check in went fairly smoothly, with the exception of them trying to charge my credit card for the full amount even though the room was already paid for. The situation was quickly rectified and there were no more issues. They have a neat program where if you didn't require a room cleaning, you got a $5 voucher for the canteen. I ate free every morning for breakfast! It was nice! I really enjoyed the unique decor and the super comfortable bed!!

• Stayed: March 2013
There are newer reviews for Aloft Dallas Downtown

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a very hip, cool hotel! Great music playing in the lobby, IKEA-like furnishings, friendly staff and modern rooms complete with original brick and columns from the old building it's in.

The rooms have "Bliss" soap, conditioner, etc and a big shower area, awesome views, etc.

And, the location couldn't have been better as it was right outside the start of the RnR Dallas Half Marathon starting line.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel was the perfect location for me as I attended a conference at the convention center. My colleagues staying at the conference "headquarters hotel" (not the Aloft) were dismayed at how far away they were from the convention center, while I had a a short walk that made me the envy of my team.

The front desk staff at the hotel were charming and thoughtful, and remembered my name throughout my stay, greeting me and bidding me farewell (by name) as I came and went. They helped me find wonderful vegetarian places to eat with my group, and suggested a great place to enjoy happy hour. Justin was especially helpful.

There was no extra charge for wifi, and to my delight, the signal was strong throughout the building. I got a lot of work done both in my room and in the lobby (while sitting in a comfortable rocking chair).

My room (819, a king) was very quiet and comfortable. I was surprised that rather than small (and typical) bottles of shampoo and conditioner, there were instead dispensers attached to the wall of the shower for body wash and a shampoo/conditioner combination. I was a little sad there was no bathtub (just a shower) but it certainly wasn't enough to dampen my overall enthusiasm for the hotel.

The outdoor (saltwater!) pool was unheated, so I didn't get to try it out, but the little fitness center was fine, with built-in televisions for each cardio machine. It's on the small size, but it was never crowded.

The hotel is within easy walking distance to many dining choices, and is also a short walk from the Sixth Floor Museum, which chronicles the assassination of JFK. Fascinating and sad.

Overall, I had a great stay at Aloft and would definitely stay again.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

A friend of ours booked this hotel. At first when checking in I thought it was too modern and edgy for my taste. But the view from our room was great and the staff were very helpful for anything that we needed. There is a bar in the lobby and an outdoor non-heated swimming pool. Our room had 2 queen beds and a front 'room' where we could watch TV in the morning without waking up anyone else in our family. It was very quiet and we slept well. No breakfast but there is a pass-bar type food area in the lobby where you can buy small breakfast items. It was a nice location and we enjoyed walking around the Longhorn cattle bronze display across the street for an evening stroll.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I'd never stay here again. This was booked by a member of our party simply because of its location.

Possibly the worst hotel/motel bed I've ever slept on. Hard as a rock.

Staff are a bit too laid back for my taste. They seem to encourage the "frat party" mindset of the place.

Food is nothing special at all. Just the same heat & eat crap as cheaper motels.

And really, a downtown hotel that doesn't have a newspaper?? Pfft.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Nice rooms but lacking so many attentions to detail that identify a boutique hotel being unique and a step above the run of the mill.

The environmental policy is laudable but ill thought out. The green sign works the same as a do not disturb sign but you get Starwood points. Your room is not cleaned. I am partial to linens being left but no bin emptying or vacuuming seems a bit odd.
I did talk to Night Manager about this but the answer was too vague to write up.

Breakfast is a non-entity. There is a “hole in the wall” to order food but this was a convention with a full hotel so the queue for individual orders was not practical. They also did not brew enough “free” coffee so there was a wait for this also. Again this would not be an issue with local options but not a great area for that.

Internet is free but exceptionally spotty. We all really expect the ability to do some Youtube or Netflix these days but it was cut off regularly.

The bar is nice with good staff who are attentive (note Jonathan).

If you want a good location for convention, good bed and work area, this is a nice option, just do not expect great food options and a mixed up service.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you're looking for a place that has all the features you need along with a room that is comfortable, clean and cozy, a lounge with great music and ambiance, a bar that keeps your glass full and staff who go out of their way to meet your needs, then Aloft Downtown Dallas Hotel is the place for you! Staff is always friendly and prompt, the ambiance of the lounge is warm and welcoming with great music always playing, sofa's to relax, tables and chairs to sit and complete your work or eat a meal, charging stations for your electronics and more. The refuel station was also one of my favorite features as they have a 24/7 stock of drinks and snacks for your convenience. There is also a chef that comes in and prepares meals for breakfast and dinner for those with a heavier appetite or those who feel like relaxing in the hotel for the night. From the pool to the exercise room, to the refuel station to the bar, this hotel has it all! The most important is of course the level of comfort and a helpful and friendly staff. This hotel was the best I have stayed at and because of my excellent experience, I will definitely be back in the near future! Loved it!

Room Tip: I check out my colleagues rooms as well and they were all pleased - spectacular views of downtown, c...
1  Thank BrijetA