“think W on a student budget”

Aloft Dallas Downtown
Ranked #63 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Nothing bad happened but was underwhelmed by all. There is no room service, barely food service to speak of, no newspapers for digital dinosaur preferences, push button soap dispensers in the shower that barely deliver not unlike the Y. Fine property for budget traveler I suppose.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I checked in after a long business day and thoroughly appreciated walking in not only to a refreshing atmosphere that continued to impress me throughout the entire property but was also grateful for the extremely helpful and prompt staff. I truely believe you get a bang for your buck here!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights in Ultra Savvy Suite on 3rd floor, Location-wise its near to Love Field airport-Dallas.
Problems:
1.No restaurant in hotel, so even after paying $300+ you have no choice but to go outside
2. No room service, everything need to buy tooth-paste, brush, drinking water etc
3. I paid for 4nights and ask front desk to pre-vacant room after 3 days, I got folio for 3 days when checkout but soon after 2hrs I got bill for 4 nights Which is ridiculous.
And when I contact staff they argued that I booked for 4 nights so it will be charged for 4 nights even though I vacant in 3nights, really stupid hotel & staff

Shall never stay in Sheraton Hotel ...

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel ever
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Trendy hotel utilizing a renovated building from appearance, so convenient for convention center access, spacious rooms, a great TV swivel-bedroom to living room in one touch! Don't look to soak though after long day, modern showers with all the amenities-must stay!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank ReneeRobison
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here while in town for a Dallas Cowboys game and it was a good location to get to the highway fairly easily. It was only about 15 - 20 minutes away to get to the exit for the staduim. The hotel staff was very helpful and pleasant. It is trendy and cute...kind of industrial looking, like it was once a warehouse. The food that we ordered for dinner was just ok? Kind of pricey for what it was but it saved us from leaving the hotel. We both ordered sandwiches with chips but we didnt get any condiments so they were kind of bland...but that may have been our fault because we didnt see where you pick up any down there at the food area and they werent in our bag when we got to the room. The breakfast options that we had were fine, we had yogurt and fruit. They also had pastries and hot food made to order for breakfast. There wasnt much immediately near the hotel except McDonalds but if you go up a few blocks you get to a main street which has alot of food options during they day. When we went out at night, some of the sandwich shops were closed, which makes me think they mainly cater to the work-lunch crowd.

We did have our towels changed out every day which is now optional like at most hotels to conserve water. We did leave the card on our bed to have our sheets changed on our second night but they were not changed.

They had a bar downstairs and a pool table. Every night that we were there people were downstairs in that area so if you want to socialize you can. Overall, it was a good choice in terms of distance to our destination which was the football stadium. It was also only about 5-10 minutes away from the Dallas Zoo. It wasnt overly fancy but it was a decent option for the game.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed for almost a week straight for business. The rooms are some of the largest standard rooms I've ever seen, and I travel about 3-4 months out of the year. They were also very modern, with a downtown loft feel, which I loved. Bathrooms are probably about the size of most hotel rooms in New York. Location was very central, close to the convention center, and a few blocks from great restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the omni, which has a vegas style light show all night long
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a great place for a night or two. The bed is very comfortable. The rooms are remarkably adaptable to technology. I was able to plug my iPad into the media system in the room, and play a downloaded movie on the big screen TV in the room, plus they had everything available for me to charge electronics. Another nice touch is the "store" downstairs - where you can buy drinks, snacks and hot breakfast. Really nice. This will be my regular place in Dallas