“Okay! Pricey!” 4 of 5 bubbles

American Girl Bistro
Ranked #936 of 3,560 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mission, Texas
“Okay! Pricey!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

The place is cute especially for those with little girls like our family. The food is okay , not great! Definitely can get better food outside.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank PalanggaTexas

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“8 year old is too young for childrens menu?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

My family and I have visted the AG Bistro before and the food is always very good. This time we arrived and the server gave us menu's. We asked for kids menu's since we knew the kids menu usually had fun versions of the adult plates. She said the kids menu is only for kids 4 and under. Really? The average age of the child eating there has got to be around 9-11. They brought my daughter 2 large peices of french toast and FOUR pieces of bacon. Wow, that is a lot of food for a girl that eats like a bird!! The service wasn't as good as it normally is and I was surprised that we had to pay close to $15 for our daughters food. We will go back to the store but probably not the bistro...

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mommaofsweetgirl
“It could be sooo much more!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012 via mobile

Ok I was a little disappointed with this experience. The bistro was adorable and they seated my daughters doll at the table in a special chair and then brought her a cup and saucer, but that is where the doll's experience ended. We had a nice lunch with very yummy food, but the doll was not ever addressed again throughout the lunch. Now I know this might sound stupid for me to complain that my daughter's doll did not get to eat some fake food, but if I'm paying 15 dollars a plate for an experience with your American Girl doll, then that is what I want. All they would have to do is bring out some of that cute little food like they sell in the store for the doll to pretend to eat. They could even make a little set that you could purchase as a souvinear that includes food that looks like what you had for lunch. Anyway, my daughter was not that impressed and said next time she would skip the meal and just get her doll's hair styled or something with that money we spent.

Houston, Texas
“Little Girl's Paradise with Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

The decorations were cute, but the food could be better quality. The chicken on the coconut chicken salad was overcooked and way too crispy. The meatballs on the pasta were a little bland. My daughter and mother-in-law loved the chicken soup though. And the restaurant and store are a little girl's paradise. Be sure to have a reservation, especially in peak popular times, like spring break. Also, be there within 15 minutes of the reservation time or the computer will delete your reservation and you may have a hard time getting seated.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank texastravels4
Louisiana
“Fun trip with your daughters!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

The food is very good, both my daughters loved the trip. They really enjoyed shopping for new clothes for their dolls! Also, getting their dolls hair done was fun to watch and there were styles for every doll. The birthday cake was to die for! My daughters ask quite often to go to back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles