“I really like these Holiday Inn Express Hotels”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area)
Ranked #68 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I just want to say I love this chain now. Very clean and affordable and in good locations. Usually chains like this can't keep up over time, but for now, these places are great!
As far as this location: the Galleria area is about 3 miles of restaurant heaven. We asked, and the story is that when the area was developed 25 years ago it was planned to have the most liberal liquor laws in the area to attract as many restaurants as possible. It worked. And they're very good to excellent. There are some blocks with only restaurants and nothing else. Plan on "restaurant hopping" and getting appetizers at a few in walking distance of each other.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2funsun1

Reviewed January 19, 2011

This was the nicest & friendlist Holiday Inn Express Hotel. It's new!! And inside is really, really, really nice and the rooms are really nice as well. It's near the Valley View Mall which has a really nice AMC Theater. The mall doesn't look nice from the outside, but inside it's pretty clean. We were blown away by how nice their theater was and it's less than 2 minutes away. Nice shopping, the Galleria is right down the road and last minute things well there is a Walgreens next to you. Everytime we pass through we make reservations here it's really nice.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ohkayall
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I attended a local event and chose this HI Express since it was close and was brand new.

The decor is stunning, both in and outside the rooms. More like a chic boutique hotel than a HI. The lobby area bathrooms revaled a trendy night club. I was very impressed!

Check in was quick, the room was emmaculately clean and fresh. My bathroom had a European shower which was such a treat. The bed was comforatable and I had a great nights sleep.

I got down to breakfast about 9am and there was limited if not nothing available in the hot food trays. I waited a few minutes and the attendant brough some scrambled eggs which almost disappeared once she put them in. There was no bacon or any of the cheese stuff omletes I saw other people finishing up.

In all it was a ery pleasant stay and very trendy, chic hotel. I'd recommend it and the room rates are very good.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank StefanTC
Reviewed November 2, 2010

My family and I stayed at this "new" hotel last week. It is a new hotel with a nice room. Unfortunately, I awoke the next morning with the back window of my vehicle smashed out, with some personal items stolen. Then I discovered that the same criminals broke into at least 3 other vehicles the same night. The manager's response was "what did you leave in your vehicle that would make someone want to break into it." My personal items were covered up and my windows were tinted. The thieves were professional. There were no fingerprints found on any of the vehicles.

After speaking with the police, it turns out that the previous hotel had a major crime problem. So a new hotel was built, but the same crime remains. The management knows there are problems here, but has refused to install a security system with cameras to protect its guests and help the police. On one side of the building you will notice a wall with adjacent private property. If you look over the wall, you will see additional broken vehicle glass and debris laying on that property.

Overall, protect your personal property and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank TNtraveler1994
hiedallas, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. We are working to add more security camera to the property. We will continue to educate ourselves and our guests in helping the City of Dallas prevent crime. The program consists of a brightly colored sign that reminds people to lock their cars and take their keys and belongings. These signs have already proven effective in the downtown area and with a little help from you we hope they will make a difference in the entire Dallas area. We have recently added the signs to the property.

Reviewed July 21, 2010

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express 3 times since March because of nearby Dr. appointments. Holiday Inn's are not usually my favorite but we got a fantastic price right after they first opened so we tried it out. It was beautifully decorated and the staff was so nice. As others have commented, breakfast goes fast. I made that comment to the desk person upon checkout (to be fair, it was spring break) and the 2 times I have been back it wasn't an issue anymore. This last time we didn't make it down until 8:45 on a Saturday and there as plenty of food. The second time I was here we didn't discover that the A.C. wasn't working until the morning we left (it was cooler because of rain so we didn't try to turn it on till we were getting ready in the morning) so we didn't mess with a service call. The rooms have a ceiling fan which really helps keep it cool. Again, I told the desk when we left. My friend forgot something in the room and went back about 20 minutes after we checked out and found a maintenance man already in the room, and her item was still there! Everytime I stay here I want to go home and remodel my bathroom.

One thing I didn't like this last trip - we all woke up with sore backs both nights. I didn't notice this on the previous 2 stays so will stay here again.

North Park Mall is very close by as is the Galleria.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank TexasLight
Reviewed May 31, 2010

This new hotel is well maintained and clean throughout! The housekeeping was excellent and the staff were very helpful! My daughter and I spent a lot of time in the indoor pool area and had a great time! We were glad the pool was inside because we Seattleites are not used to the heat! The pool area was clean and had four colored streams of water flowing into the pool. No complaints! Good price and great service! Blaine at the front desk made us feel welcomed and went out of his way to help out (when we burnt our popcorn).

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2010

This hotel was nice, very clean and the staff was great. Served breakfast in the morning and it wasn't what I expected from a hotel breakfast.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family