Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area)
Ranked #70 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We loved staying here. It is ultra clean, the breakfast is great, the people are all so friendly. It is comfortable and conveniently located. There is a lot of road construction here, but with a little look at the map you can go on back roads away from all of that stuff. Cookies at night and even the in-room coffee is good. I liked it more than some high-class hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank John D
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear JED1130,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express North Dallas at Preston. We were happy to hear you enjoyed the property and the staff we have here. We agree the construction can be challenging as it does change every day but you are correct there are a number of ways around it. We look forward to seeing you again at the Holiday Inn Express North Dallas at Preston the next time you are in the Dallas area. Thanks again for sharing.

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice for a Holiday Inn. I was impressed by the decor and overall look of the place. I got the rooms were very nice and clean the beds were comfortable and I will recommend and visit this hotel again. The only complaint I have is the construction surrounding the hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear LaToya A,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express North Dallas at Preston. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the property overall. We do apologize for the construction in the area as it can be challenging to navigate. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Dallas area.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

If you read my first review of this hotel, you will be amazed ( as I was ) about what I dealt with.

I truly loved this hotel as it was very modern, small, quiet and convenient BUT, It has been a while since my last visit. WHAT HAPPENED?

I would visit this hotel maybe 4 times a year and with that few times, the ( old ) customer service team knew my name. They welcomed me. They upgraded me. The fitness center was working. I say again, WHAT HAPPENED?

The young lady that was at the front desk seemed to want to get away from me so fast that she barely told me what room number I had. Forget the platinum status BUT, I guess she thought about it as right before I walked away, she gave me a bottle of water. WOW.

The rooms are still nice but the fitness center was not. I was very disappointed as the cable machines stuck when you pulled on them. The treadmill stuck on any speed. No workout that day.

I had so much praise for this hotel but now, it makes no sense for me to drive as far as I do as I no longer enjoy this facility. There is a HIE closer to my branch. I mentioned this to a co-worker that stays there once a month and she agreed that the hotel had "changed".

Very, very disappointing.

Room Tip: Unless the management reviews their staffing or customer service issues, any room you choose is nice...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear WoodrowW,

First let me thank you for taking the time to let us know where we let you down at the Holiday Inn Express North Dallas at Preston. I am very sorry we did not exceed your expectations as we have in the past but without guests like you letting us know where we are coming up short it proves to be very difficult to know where we need to improve.
As with any business we have had a change in some of the team members and have experienced some training challenges that we are addressing on a daily basis. We do try to upgrade members as often as we can but it has been difficult recently due to the increase in business the hotel has seen recently.

We apologize for the problems you encountered during your check in process and we will certainly address it with our team to make sure they are treating all of our guests with the proper amount of respect and attention. This was not fair to you to endure this type of customer service and I assure you it is not typical of our staff here at the property.

We were unaware of any issues with the fitness center equipment but we will make sure to have it looked at right away and make sure all the equipment is operating as it should be. Again, we apologize that this was an inconvenience to you during your recent stay and we will work to make sure no other guests experience this type of trouble.

In closing, WoodrowW, we would hope that you would give us another chance to earn your business. I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you further about the issues you faced during your stay. My name is Ben and I am the General Manager of the property. If you would like to discuss these issues further I would love to hear from you. The number to the hotel is 972-404-4500. I hope to hear from you and I hope you give the Holiday Inn Express North Dallas at Preston another chance the next time you are in the Dallas area. Thank you again for your time and sharing the problems you had with us in order to make ourselves better.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is my second stay at the hotel and have it enjoyed it both times. It is newer and very contemporary. In fact, probably the nicest Holiday Inn Express I have stayed it. The rooms were large and filled with very modern furniture. The A/C is also very quiet and not the typical unit you find underneath the window. I will continue staying here on future trips.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank T0urbill0n

Dear T0urbill0n,
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent stay experience at the Holiday Inn Express North Dallas at Preston. We were delighted to hear this was not your first stay at the property and that you have enjoyed both times you have stayed at the property. We look forward to seeing you on your return trips to the Dallas area. Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is nothing against the hotel because our stay was nice. Rooms clean, nice set-up. HOWEVER COMMA the construction going on in that area is insane. If you have little to no patience for traffic then I'd look for another HI hotel, seriously. On our check out day we left at 5am...the amount of cars on the road would have made you thought it was a random late Wednesday morning traffic instead of a quiet Sunday morning. Great hotel but this location is horrible due to traffic.

Room Tip: Request a room away from elevators and vending machine/ice room.You can hear any and all foot traffi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear JAE J,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites North Dallas at Preston. We know how challenging the construction can be and we try to do our best to inform guests of ways of avoiding traffic whenever possible. We were happy to see that you enjoyed our hotel and apologize again for the traffic you incurred during your stay. We hope you will give us another try the next time you are in Dallas. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and rooms was nice and spacious..When I checked in I had to wait like 9 minutes for the attendant to return he had a sign that said be right back. I had a baby and 2 other kids so that irritated me standing waiting with another family and a older lady. Breakfast was great but there was 4 vehicles that wax broke into last night I would recommend you park up front..Another thing that would be great if they gave military discounts..overall a good hotel

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Lilgrace77,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites North Dallas at Preston. We agree that the construction can be a challenge and we do our best to inform guests of the best way to get to the property before they arrive considering how much change is going on. We are also working with the local authorities and warning our guests to not leave valuable items visible in their vehicles to help mitigate the temptation of theft. Local authorities have been very helpful in reducing the occurrences recently. Thank you again for sharing what you liked about the property. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Dallas.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Had a great stay at this hotel. Very trendy and modern hotel. Lobby lights within floor, high ceiling with changing LED panels. Staff was great. Only issue (with nothing to do with hotel) was the ease of access due to current construction going on. Was acknowledged as a Platinum Priority Club Member. The Galleria mall is close by so that was a plus. Definitely recommend staying here if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DocAP
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear DocAP,

Thank you for taking time to comment about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express North Dallas at Preston. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the property and it's location. We are sorry about the construction as we know it has made it difficult to get to and from the hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to North Dallas. Thank you again for your comments.