“Terrific for brunch”
Review of Bread Winners Cafe

Bread Winners Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Bread Winners Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 3,610 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Jacksonville
“Terrific for brunch”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Had a wonderful brunch with special lady. We sat outside which was perfect for being able to chat. Our server, Bailey, was wonderful!!! and attentive without being pushy when they were busy on a Sunday! Thanks for a GREAT experience.

Visited August 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best breakfast I've ever had.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I recently took a trip with a friend to Dallas. We asked a few people where we should go for breakfast, and everyone had the same response - Breadwinners! There were tons of people waiting, but we didn't wait long for a table (the restaurant is HUGE). The staff was incredibly friendly, and the food was amazing! I had an egg scramble with black beans and salsa with sliced avocado. I also ordered one of the homemade poptarts (um, what!? SO delicious). It was so good, we went back again the next day! I can't wait to go back to Dallas just to go to this amazing restaurant!

• Visited May 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Go-to spot for brunch”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Breadwinners has arguably the best brunch and lunch menu in Dallas. There are many other places that have good menus, but Breadwinners is a place where you look at 30 options in front of you and have difficulty eliminating a single option. I've probably been here more than 50 times over 8 years, and have been pleased literally every time. The food is delicious, the prices are reasonable, and they bring out chunks of muffin and bread to tide you over while you wait. Who could ask for more. We like to try out a lot of different places, but this is one of the few that we consistently go back to.

All of the locations have the same menu as far as I can tell. I'm confused as to why Inwood Village has a higher rating, as I would say that Uptown is the better spot. It feels much more unique and has the best ambiance of any of their locations. I guess the negative of Uptown is that it is usually busier, so longer wait times, and the people you're dealing with are (and I know I'm being stereotypical) douchy hungover 20 somethings. However, if you want to avoid that the Northpark location is usually pretty quite and relaxed.

Visited March 2013
“Holy Breakfast, Batman!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Awesome awesome place!!
--Bananas Foster waffle fluffy and sweet. I'd recommend having the Carmel sauce on the side...a little too sweet.
--Southwest Migas scrambles had a great kick with that Chorizo!
--Wife loved her Chai tea latte.

Great atmosphere and superb service.

• Visited July 2013
Massachusetts
“Brunch was Good...Atmosphere was better...”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Enjoyed Sunday brunch at Bread Winners while in town visiting my daughter. I thought the bread would be better than it actually was but the overall atmosphere is perfect. It reminds you of a restaurant in the French Quarter of New Orleans....loved the concept and overall the food was good. I had the chicken & waffles...chicken was perfect, waffle, not so much. I can see how it had the potential to be excellent but it was cold and the syrup was too..so the waffle was lacking.

Overall, I think its a nice spot and will likely visit again...but I wasn't wowed!

• Visited July 2013