“Much more than expected!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn of the Dove

Inn of the Dove
Inn of the Dove
Ranked #134 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Julian, California
“Much more than expected!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

My recent trip to Dallas was made on an extremely limited budget. I arranged for my stay online and wanted to pay cash for all I could. I was able to do that at this little Inn. The price was right and that sealed the deal for me. Never having been to Dallas, I had no idea what I was in for other than what little info I could find online. I must say, I was more than pleasantly surprised.
The route my GPS told me to take from DFW was blocked by road construction and I ended up in what seemed a questionable area. I called the hotel and found it difficult to understand the woman on the phone but did get direction enough to get re-routed on my GPS. Still skeptical, I arrived at the Inn to check in.
It is very clean, cute and easily accessible once I figured out the work around. It took me about 7 minutes to reach downtown from my room. When I arrived the aroma of home cooking was amazing! The proprietors were obviously having dinner in an area near by the office.
I was the only guest at the time of my check-in. My bonus! Too bad for all the rest of my group staying at one of the upscale hotels in downtown. My bed was very comfortable. The sheets were crisp and clean. The A/C unit worked well and was much quieter than almost any other hotel I have ever stayed in in the hot, humid south! My room was large. Very comfortable. The fridge and microwave were brand new. My room was cleaned and made up every day.
This little Inn is a gem. There is a market and gas station near by, fast food and upscale restaurants. I couldn't have asked for more. Especially at the price I paid.
If our National Convention is in Dallas again next year I will be encouraging all my associates to book rooms at the Inn of the Dove. They slept 3 to a room at the Hyatt and each paid more to split one room than I did for my privacy and comfort.
I highly recommend taking a chance on this little place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank reneepsullivan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)