“You already know this...Tei An is very, very good.”
Review of Tei An

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: Flora
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Chef Teiichi Sakurai is as good as it gets---ask the folks at James Beard. Here's a very simple dish that I order every time I visit---which is nearly every week.

It's call Musu B. (not sure what that means) it's so simple, nori on the outside, think taco, pretty big taco....and rice inside. But in the center of the rice is crab, (think california roll) and a bit of kimchee along side.

it's perfect...

i wish i could find a musu B drive thru somewhere....

That's just a small favorite of mine, the menu is diverse and wonderful---but you already knew that.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I recently ate at Tei-An in Dallas for dinner. This was my third time eating here and every time the owner checked in with us. That is the sign of a good restaurant when the owner is onsite and available. The housemade soba noodle dishes are as good as it gets in the US, and are served in a variety of ways both cold and hot. The owner himself prepares the noodles onsite.The sushi was the biggest surprise for me as it was about the best I have had in the US. The setting reminds me of a Japanese temple garden with big rocks and water features. Check it out and enjoy a high end Japanese experience with healthy simple ingredients.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

made the rsvp 6 weeks in advance , they called 7 days out to say they sold the entire night for a private party and they were cancelling mine, he did wish me a HAPPY 65TH BIRTHDAY

1  Thank James R
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Very diverse sushi selection and everything we tried was superb. Great soba noodles, which are their speciality. If you like quality Japanese cooking at its best, don't miss Tei An!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was probably the best restaurant experience I've had in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Service was great. The food was great. Fantastic experience. I had the Tempura Udon which was tasty. However, our appetizer the curry short rib with rice was excellent. Portions are big.

Only complaint was that I booked a reservation on Open Table. The only openings were for 6:00 pm and then after 8:30 pm. The restaurant was half empty on a Wednesday night but they weren't taking reservations between 6 and 8:30?

Check out the bidet in the bathroom. it's kind of icky for a public restroom but maybe it's there for the novelty.