“a decent inner city park”
Review of Bachman Lake Park

Bachman Lake Park
Ranked #90 of 238 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Owner description: Small, suburban lake surrounded by a three-mile trail: great for walking and running.
Plano, Texas
171 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“a decent inner city park”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The lake itself is pretty but much of the trail around the lake lacks vegetation and, particularly in the summer, lacks shade. Part of the trail butts up to heavily travelled roads. In the park itself there is sufficient shade and picnic facilities. The noise from nearly Love Field is a constant headache but fun to watch planes take off and land. During the day it is fine but I cannot vouch for safety as night falls. Use caution if running or walking at night.

Visited May 2014

Dallas, Texas
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 231 helpful votes
“Nice Park in the Shadow of Love Field”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The lake is pretty, but the park is overshadowed by Love Field which is on the other side of the lake. As soon as we got out of the car, we were hit with the smell of jet exhaust. It was fun watching the planes take off and land, but I don’t know about using the trail for exercise while breathing that exhaust. Driving by on weekends, I’ve noticed that it can be packed then. We were there on a weekday afternoon, and there were only a few cars there. The park was very clean and well-maintained. There were signs warning not to feed the wildlife for aviation safety. The main reason that we were there was to photograph the pavilion that had been built by the CCC, since I am interested in that period of history. I also enjoyed taking some time to watch the crew team practice.

Visited October 2013
California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A cool park to sit and reflect”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I found Bachman Lake Park by accident. We had just arrived (2 days prior) to Dallas and was exploring some potential shopping in the neighborhood of the hotel we were staying. Not a bad little park. Close to Love Field airport, it gives you a birds-eye-view of planes landing. Look like you could reach up and touch the underbelly of some of the larger Northwest Airlines planes as they land. The park is not big but it is generally clean and has a really nice jogging/walking path. My wife loved feeding the ducks sandwich bread and I enjoyed the serenity of the parks atmosphere. We did not get to explore the entire park, but I really enjoyed what we did see that day. Too bad their were not any food vendors around. All-N-All a great place to spend a quite afternoon with occasional airplane traffic.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank BENelson
Dallas, Texas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Bachman Lake”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This used to be the hangout spot on Saturdays and Sundays during the 90's and early 2000's...Still, nice vibe, during daylight hours, even though the neighborhood has under gone a LOT of change...Lot's of foods from many nationalities in the area, about a mile down Northwest H'Way from shopping heaven aka Harry Hines Blvd...... Very vibrant!

Visited March 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A good place for a walk.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stopped by Bachman Lake park only because Bachman is my surname. This little park sits adjacent to Love Field Airport. There are plenty of picnic tables, and a full walking/jogging path around the lake. That's about it. There's nothing special about the park.

Visited March 2013