Iron Cactus Mexican Grill and Margarita Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: Akard St.
Description: Iron Cactus Mexican Grill & Margarita Bar serves delectable Mexican dishes and award-winning margaritas. Its trendy yet cozy atmosphere combined with its delicious food, variety of margaritas and cocktails, and friendly service, makes it one of the popular places to visit in Dallas. It was listed by USA Today 10 Best List as one of the best Mexican restaurants in Dallas in 2014.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I went in the late afternoon. The service was great. I ordered top shelf margs (excellent). Save room for desert. We tried some of the happy hour apps. I had a seafood/fish app that was sort of like cerviche -- thought it was great. Also -- the warm salsa is good. Really had no complaints and I thought the prices were reasonable. They have an extensive tequila list -- so for those who love good tequila -- go to this place.

There are newer reviews for Iron Cactus Mexican Grill and Margarita Bar

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Food good, Drinks overpriced. Careful scrutiny of my credit card statement showed they double dipped on the gratuity.

1  Thank Jim F
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Just finished a delicious meal at Iron Cactus! Right in downtown Dallas, walking distance from my hotel. Server was excellent. Entrée beautifully presented, tasted delicious, very reasonably priced. Margarita was not watered down; very potent! Best part....they have a gluten free menu! Have a warm spicy salsa....excellent. Contemporary décor. Want to go back tomorrow night!

1  Thank JackieMD1
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Traveled to Dallas on business and this place was within walking distance of our hotel. Salsas offered were great, they had both warm and cold served on the table. Everyone in our party received great food. We all got fish. The service was fantastic with a super polite and perfectly attentive waiter.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The hotel concierge steered us to this Tex-Mex sleek restaurant downtown, within walking distance of our hotel. We sat in a very comfy booth and since it was early service was not a problem. The highlight of our meal was the Guacomole, prepared table side for $9.95. Excellent! The beef fajitas were well seasoned and tender. The fish tacos were fresh and served with mangos and cilantro. A black bean salsa was on the side. The only disappointment were the cocktails. I ordered a cucumber basil martini which I normally love because it isn't sweet. Well this time it seems like they added some overly sweet sour mash which completely overwhelmed the delicate taste of the cucumber/basil. Ick
No bueno.