I recently stayed at this hotel in Dallas. I hate to say it was the worst experience with a hotel i have had. The room was ok, neighborhood was skechy. The customer service was absolutely horrible and I have never been treated so rudely before. I had just pulled out of the hotel from checking out and get a call saying my credit card was declined. I knew that wasn't right because I had just recently paid the credit card off. I explained that to the girl at the front desk and told her that also in my paperwork when booking this hotel from ichotelsgroup.com it stated that the reservations required full prepayment at time of reservation so I knew already why it was declining because a charge had already been made for this reservation and she was trying to charge me again but that didn't seem to matter to her. She asked if I had another form of payment. I told her I would call my credit card company and get right back with her and that I wouldn't give another method of payment without knowing if I had already been charged on this one. I called my credit card company and got excellent customer service from them and of course found out exactly what I already knew had happened. They advised me that I already had a charge from Holiday Inn Express and Suites on my transactions for May 4th, which was the day we checked into the hotel. So as I expected they were running my credit card again and charging me twice and not closing out the original transaction they did when i checked into the hotel. I had reservations to be somewhere else during this time I was wasting having to deal with this situation that shouldn't have even happened if this hotel staff knew how to do their job appropriately. I personally drove back to the hotel to deal with this matter in person and not over the phone. Advised them of what my credit card company had told me and explained to them they it was a mistake on their part and not mine. The girl kept pointing to this sign next to the desk about the hotels procedures when booking a room. I told the girl I knew how the process works regarding booking a room and it taking 5 business days for transaction to finalize according to my credit card company which said they were waiting on hotel to complete transaction for the first transaction to go through and up to 10 days with the hotel policy. So she made herself look poorly trained at her job because the sign she was pointing to numerously about the policy answered her own problem regarding the transaction being held for several days. Even after explaining all that to her and the manager who came out while this whole fiasco was going on telling both of them that it was declining the charge because they were putting the same charge through again they continued to argue with me and say it was my fault it was declining and even had the nerve to tell me that maybe i used my card and didn't remember it and the money wasn't really there. Are you serious?!? What kind of customer service is that? So in front of both of them, I called my credit card company back again!! Just like the first time I was told by a diffrent representative who even consulted with their supervisor that Holiday Inn already had charged me for the two nights I stayed there and they were trying to put the charge through again, but the manager of hotel and front desk clerk still wouldn't except they were doing something wrong. The clerk even had the nerve to put it in the computer and turn the screen towards me and say" see this is what it's doing!" like i thought she was lying about it or something, which only made her look stupid. I told her I know what's it doing, but it's declining because your putting my credit card through again for the same transaction, not because the money is not there, which had already been verified by the credit card company twice and with excellent customer service both times I may add. The credit card representative knew exactly what was going on from the beginning when I explained it to them but the hotel staff never seemed to get the picture and try to fix the problem they just kept telling me in many diffrent rude comments that it was my fault. Finally my credit card company said they would delete the first transaction since the hotel wasn't trying to fix the problem on their own and to get the hotel to run the card again after the first transaction was deleted and of course it went through then. Capital one showed exceptional customer service during this time and went above and beyond to make sure their customer was treated with respect and fixed a problem that shouldn't have even existed if this hotel staff was trained appropriately to do their job. I intend to put this information on every hotel and travel rating site I can find and will never stay at another hotel in this group after the way I was treated. Corporate needs to improve training for their hotel management and their staff to avoid putting the wrong people in positions they apparently don't need to be in to avoid future customer relations problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the New Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas Central-Market Center. We are excited to be your premier hotel while staying in the Market Center Area. Convenience and comfort are just a few of the benefits for Staying Smart at the Holiday Inn Express. Free hot breakfast to start your mornings off right as well as staying connected with our free wired and wireless hi-speed Internet are the essentials to a smart stay! Speaking of convenience, we are located right off one of Dallas major highways, I-35E and Inwood Road. You will find places you will want to visit just minutes away such as the Dallas Market Center, famous for buyers shopping in the furniture industry, as well as the American Airlines Center and West End Nightlife. Be sure to visit the Visit Dallas Website for inside information of places to visit and wonderful places to dine! Our business customers will enjoy the convenience of our hotel to places like UT Southwestern Medical Center, Parkland Hospital, ADP, Ernst & Young, Federal Express Training Center and Aetna. And what we mean by convenient, Aetna is located right next door! So travel smart, Stay Smart and enjoy the many benefits you know and love from your most global hotel brand, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- Dallas Central- Market Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas-Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Dallas-Medical Center
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas-Medical Dallas