“Exciting Dinner”

Hibashi Teppan Grill and Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hibashi Teppan Grill and Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,261 of 3,626 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Galleria Mall
“Exciting Dinner”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Had a group of ten for dinner. The place is a short walk from the Westin Galleria. The place was very clean and has great atmosphere. The grill chef did a fantastic job entertaining our group with jokes and knife play. I had the fillet and shrimp combo and fried rice, The meal was great. There was so much food, no one in our group finished their dinner. We happened to be there for the baseball playoffs and asked if we could put the game on. It took about eight people to figure out how to tune in the station but they did finally figure it out.

• Visited October 2013

Sunnyvale, Texas
“Great Sushi and Yaki Noodles”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Wonderful atomosphere and meal. I took my bestie here to thank her for being such a Good Friend. We had a Groupon so I was NOT expecting much and was plesantly Surprised. Bathrooms Clean, Good Service, Wonderful and personable Waiter (Dinh) and Best Autentic Yaki Noodles I have had in Years. "Years".
We did Not sit at the grill, but I was impressd with what I was watching from my table, and we also sat outside for a few minutes before we left. This is an all around restaurant. It is a nice size do it really does accomodate one Solo, Family, business or just you and the friends hanging out and wanting to smile, laugh and have a Good Good time. And I have been back and sat at the bar alone. Wonderful and Fun Environment. This is a very Nice quite spot to take a First Date. It was most enjoyable for me and My Bestie Loved it.

• Visited September 2013
Vacaville, California
“Very good”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Went for lunch. Not too busy. Nice décor. Had some sushi rolls and miso soup. The rolls were fresh and the soup was good. The server made me iced green tea which was nice of him and very good. Over all I was happy. I will go back because there are lots of things on the menu I would like to try that are not sushi. My friends also tell me good things about this place.

• Visited August 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Horrendous Experience; Blatant Discrimination!!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I am the last person to pull the "race card" & I'm actually usually annoyed when I hear others use it inappropriately but the BLATANT DISCRIMINATION that me and the group I was with experienced at Hibashi last night (07/20/13) was completely unacceptable. After being seated at about 7:55pm on a relatively slow Saturday night, our waiter didn't decide to show up until 15-20 mins later. Fast forward, it wasn't until watching at least 2 groups seated well AFTER us be assigned a chef, eat their meals and leave that they finally "convinced" a chef to come to our table to begin preparing the food we order an HOUR AND A HALF ago. After being seated at 7:55pm, a chef didn't appear until 9:36pm (the time is exact b/c after so long, you can't help but continuously check the time). Being that all 13 of us were there for a friend's birthday and most of us didn't know each other, nobody wanted to ruin the birthday girl's night by storming out so we stuck around and made the most out of a horrendously insulting experience. Not even our waiter could explain the the procrastination in getting a chef. The worst part of the entire ordeal is when the manager decided not to come to our table to apologize for the blatant discrimination and extremely-delayed service, but instead decided to acknowledge the situation by sending us free ice cream to share in pairs...how kind, you shouldn't have! (oh & to top it off, me and another guest left with food poisoning...what a wonderful night)

• Visited July 2013
Dallas, TX
“Family fun”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed it. The teppanyaki was entertaining. Food was good and the jokes were different than another famous teppanyaki place in Dallas. A little more fanfare as well. We found it to be family friendly but would guess on a weekend it may be more business-like.

• Visited June 2013