Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Dallas Aquarium

Unusual place. It’s a bit of a maze. However very good exhibits. There more that just aquatics... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Larry F
via mobile
Second trip to the DWA

We have enjoyed the Dallas World Aquarium once before while visiting Dallas and enjoyed it again. I... read more

Reviewed yesterday

More Info
from $20.00
More Info
4,332 results
All reviews shark tank sea life aquatic animals tropical rainforest penguin exhibit exotic birds black panther all ages take your time great place to visit kids and adults whole family monkeys fishes exhibits tunnel aviary
Reviewed January 8, 2007

My boyfriend and I were very excited about going to the aquarium and very disappointed when we finally got inside. Although the aquarium is very beautifully designed both inside and out, it is limited on what it has to offer as far as exhibits are concerned. The tour begins in a rainforest-style area that is very cramped. We spent most of our time trying to navigate the single-file walkways that were easily clogged with strollers. When we finally made it to the actual acquarium, we were disappointed to find that there were only about 10 to 15 relatively small ecosystems with only a few species of fish per location. The acquarium section seemed to be the only one with any information on the animals, all of which was in the touchscreens on the wall that were difficult to access with all of the people there. The other areas, like the somewhat random Mayan section, sometimes didn't have anything on the displays to explain what animal was inside or any information about them, and when there was an identifier, it tended to be a piece of laminated paper with only the name of the animal. Also, every path seemed to end in either one of the multiple cafes inside or the gift shops. For the $34 that we spent to get in, we got 30 minutes of disappointment. Compared to other acquariums, this one is a considerable let down.

16  Thank eorache
Reviewed December 30, 2006

it wasnt' what i'd call an aquarium, that is in comparison to aquariums i'd been to before, part zoo, part aquarium. the concept is awesome, but it was so crowded inside that you really couldn't enjoy any of it. it reminded me of waiting in line at disney world for a ride. there are narrow lanes that you travel through the aquarium and it was just like a line that you moved a few inches every minute so exploration was out of the question. from what i'd read in other comments i'm not sure how to avoid the crowds. i like what i did see, but was so put off by the amount of people crammed into the available space that it ruined any enjoyment that we could have had.

11  Thank kokomogirl46902
Reviewed December 29, 2006

I thoroughly enjoyed it. When my husband and I went there weren't many people there and the price was a lot less than it is now. My only complaint is the jaguar exhibit... a little small for a cat that size! Other than that it was very enjoyable and I would like to go there again someday. I will recommend the DWA to anyone with a love for nature/animals/museums... Great for kids of all ages!

4  Thank MrsJeanne
Reviewed July 4, 2006

Very unique.Much different than other aquariums I have visited,which was a nice surprise since I nearly didn't go ,thinking it would be much like others.It is as much, or more, zoo than aquarium,but overall a interesting experience and well worth the visit.It is in a sort of rainforest atmosphere and very easy to see and navigate.

10  Thank chext57
Reviewed June 8, 2006

This is the most naturalistic aquarium I have ever visited. You walk through a canopy covered building that is made to feel like a jungle. Everything is alive and growing. It is the first aquarium in which most or all of the aquariums have real plants/coral growing in them. Great experience!

4  Thank bbcreg