“Fun!”

Ranked #8 of 248 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The adventure at The Dallas World Aquarium begins at the top of the rainforest exhibit, where exotic birds, such as Cocks-of-the-rock and many species of toucans, can be seen. Lounging around are Two-toed and Three-toed sloths. Endangered animals, such as Orinoco crocodiles, Giant river otters, Antillean manatees and several species of monkeys are part of the many conservation projects. The aquarium portion displays interesting marine life, including Japanese crabs, jellyfish, Leafy, Weedy and Ribbon seadragons. Black-footed and Blue penguins can be seen swimming as guests enjoy the outdoor South Africa exhibit. Sharks, rays and sawfish are only a few of the fish living in the Mundo Maya cenote. Safe from Neotropical eagles, are euphonias, tanagers and hummingbirds. Reptiles and amphibians, both of significance to the Maya culture, can be seen throughout the exhibit.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We hit up the aquarium on a Saturday morning shortly after they opened. The parking around there is pretty limited, and I think if we'd gotten there later, it would have added a little more stress. The entry cost is a little steep, however not exactly surprising. They have a large variety of animals all packed into their tiny little footprint. It's kind of like walking a giant spiral as you walk down into the exhibits. They've got a little island in the middle of their main tank with some monkeys and birds flying around. Lots of cool big fish: many of them from the show River Monsters which made them pretty cool. We got to hand feed a toucan, stand within inches of a sloth that was hanging out on a perch in the middle of the walkway and see some enormous crocs! We spent about 3 hours there and enjoyed every minute of it.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,953)

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

i would visit no matter what the weather is outside...summer, winter, spring or fall..very enjoyable. we were all ages from 6 to 63 in our group of five.

1  Thank dmf49
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This place is a well organized, excellently laid-out zoo in the heart of downtown Dallas. Organized to move you from the canopy down through each stage of the rainforest until you are taken all they way under water. Sloths, birds in free flight, manatees, and more. Very worth the entrance fee.

1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My friend and i went to the aquarium and we had a great time, I'm 4 months pregnant and have sugar problems. I ended up passing out, several patrons caught me and tried their best to help me. The manager and paramedics came to the scene, they were very helpful and caring. The manager gave both my friend and I a refund. We will definitely be going back. didn't get to see the whole aquarium but what i did see i loved!!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was very disappointed by this attraction. The ticket prices are insanely high and the parking downtown is a pain. The place was very crowded, kids running around everywhere, frustrated parents trying to maneuver strollers through tiny hallways. I also felt like they supplemented a lot of the exhibits with birds. I was expecting a true aquarium. Beware before you go drop $70+ (with parking) for just two people on this thing.

5  Thank KCPlaza

Been to Dallas World Aquarium? Share your experiences!