Tripadvisor
Dallas
All reviews deep ellum scott white hospital covered garage hotel parking newer hotel full size fridge medical center choose this hotel home away from home stay there again convenient location enjoyed my stay complimentary breakfast great place to stay nice stay front desk staff home2
Selected filters
Reviewed January 10, 2020

This hotel is in close proximity to Baylor. I am a regular patient at the heart hospital and my husband prefers we go the night before as he is the driver and finds traffic disagreeable. We elected to stay at the Home2Suites at Baylor for the first time last night. Well one night is all it took for us to say never again. When making reservation I booked a room with a tub and of course we got a room with only a shower. Given this is typical of Home2Suites as they will NOT give you a tub room unless it suites them. Anyway the hotel is bare basics and quite limited but cost 280 for one night. After spending the night in their bed we found a nasty toenail and several strands of long hair that wasn’t ours. I will not ever stay there again and I discourage others from doing so also.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Travelers7359
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown at Baylor Scott & White, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Dear Travelers7359,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your honesty as we look for reviews to provide insight and constructive feedback regarding our hotel’s service and amenities to better our guest experience. We addressed the opportunities for improvement you detailed and welcome any additional comments or suggestions you’d like to share. If you return to our area, we hope you will give us another chance to demonstrate our typically outstanding hospitality.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Very clean hotel with accomodating staff! Bed was comfortable and the room had everything needed to not have to eat out etc. The staff were very attentive and assisted any way they were able. Would revisit this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Ssssmash, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown at Baylor Scott & White, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Thanks! We’re so happy to hear you had a great stay. Please join us again the next time you’re in Dallas.

Reviewed January 8, 2020

Beds and pillows were great!! Customer service was good. Price was fair. Very convenient location close to the hospital which was essential.
Kitchenette in room was very convenient! Overall great stay!

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Ssssmash, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown at Baylor Scott & White, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Reviewed January 2, 2020

This place is run by a bunch of hucksters and scam artists. It's a crappy hotel first off, with bare bone amenities that doesn't get cleaned regularly and is basically proof that Hilton brands don't really monitor their franchisees. I stayed with my wife, dad, best friend and infant son (7 month) in 2 rooms. Before check-in I tried numerous times to confirm the availability of cribs for my son and got contradictory information even at one point being told "we don't have infant cribs". This should have been my first red flag that this property is going to try and swindle me.

The stay itself was fine 12/27/19 - 12/29/19, there was no housekeeping because of the weekend or the holiday, or whatever other bottom-line cost cutting slashing they are doing here.

Beware of parking. It's shared with the hospital, the hotel pass doesn't always work and you have to walk out of the garage and down the street to get into the hotel.

Here's where it gets bad: I come home from Dallas only to find a mysterious $250 charge on my credit card after I had received my final bill. I call the hotel....they tell me "There was smoking in the room, so we charged you for that." I was incensed, I have been a non-smoker all my life and I had my son with me, the implication that I would smoke at all let alone with my son is a personal affront. I asked to speak to the General Manager, a mysterio named "Flon". He came on the phone and told me they had collateral evidence of smoking and would provide it to me in 5 minutes. He placed me on hold, I waited...waited...waited.... 45 minutes goes by and poof the line hangs up. I call back, they tell me "He's no longer here on premises" I leave a message. Then my wife calls, my father calls, and they all get the same run around. I call Hilton Corporate and they too can't seem to find the guy either. Again so mysterious? Where did he go? I bet it was to go smoke a cigarette (Gross!).

I finally contacted my bank because at this point things are suspicious and its time to do something. My bank calls the merchant, they refused to even confirm to them their own business name! Ludicrous! They say "only the General Manager can handle this". My bank asks to speak to him, his staff say "He's in a meeting for the next 2 hours, leave a message" and ended the call with my bank.

Bottom Line: Don't stay here, in fact don't stay at any non-Corporate Hilton location, ask if they are a franchisee at least if you stay at Corporate owned you might get a chance to get it resolved. These guys here run a classic scam on hotel guests and its sad that they hide behind the Hilton logo and franchise ownership to do it.

IF you do have to stay here because its next to Baylor, Scott, White Hospital be prepared to freeze/lock your card after final settlement. You've been warned

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank djl247
Ssssmash, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown at Baylor Scott & White, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your recent stay. We apologize for the
experience you had with one of our associates. Customer service is a very important part of our training. I
will be reviewing your stay with the team to ensure a better guest experience in the future. We do appreciate
that you came to stay with us and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed December 29, 2019

The hotel was so convenient to the hospitals. Easy walk. We never had to use the car. The hotel was very clean, the staff helpful. This was our first time to stay at a Home2Suites. It was a good experience.

Date of stay: December 2019
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed
your stay. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay even more enjoyable please let us
know.