“PLEASE DON'T STAY HERE!!!”

Gateway Hotel Dallas
Ranked #136 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Alexander, Arkansas
“PLEASE DON'T STAY HERE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through Booking.com and it's the worse. Customer service sucked and the hotel smells like mold and pure stank. I went to the hotel and my room, it only took us 1min to know it ws s not for our family. When we went to get refunded the lady at the sealed assured me my card would not be charged, she Lied my card was charged. When I called booking.com to help with this matter they lady on the phone thought it was funny and no help. So I called the hotel and they said the charges will stay bc the room was perfect, I guess he knows whats best for my family. Well I'm stuck with 75 dollar charge for services I did not utilize or want. This sucks and is poor consumer servic. Please SKIP STAYING HERE AND SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSE WHERE. U HAVE BEEN WARNED. THEY GET TWO THUMBS DOWN.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TamTaylor
Jaheer S, Manager at Gateway Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear guest,
I apologize for the inconvenience caused on checking in. Seems like you had cancelled this reservation. We never had complaints about mold. Your complain was about some dirt stains. Me and the housekeeping supervisor checked the room and were not able to find any dirt in the room. I did explain this to you on the phone.
As per our cxancellation policy we charged you was one night stay $69. and not $75.
We take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness.
We look forward to having you as a guest with our brand in the future. Again I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Please contact me personally for your next reservation at our hotel.
With appreciation,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Irving, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I never take time to review anything but feel so strongly about this experience that I am taking time now. This hotel has a luxurious lobby but it stops there. You definately can not judge this hotel by it's website pictures or lobby appearance. The hotel is dirty! My roomed smelled musty and like it had been a smoking room. There was a hole in my bed sheet, the wall paper was literally peeling away the wall in areas and had obviously been patched in others, and was dirty. Only one of the lamps worked by the bed, the lamp shades were dirty, the carpet in the room and in the halls was dirty, stained, and in need of being stretched because it was wrinkled. The elevator floor was filthy. There was no electrical outlet near the bed.

The phone in my room would not connect to the front desk so there was no way to get emergency help if needed and the number on the phone listed as the hotel phone number was a disconnencted number! I finally used my cell phone to call a Ramada number listed on a note pad in the room to find out what the correct number was where I was staying. I called that number and after 15-20 rings it was finally answered, I explained about my phone not being answered, they tried and could call me but I could not call them (you know in case of a fire!) and no offer was made to have someone fix or replace the phone. I was asked "well do you need anything right now?" I do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Jaheer S, Manager at Gateway Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns with our BRAND. I understand how upsetting it can be to be placed on hold or not to answer the phone in a timely manner.
we should have taken care of the problem right then.
I have discussed this situation with my entire staff to ensure it is not repeated.
We assure you this kind of incident is not the way we conduct business. Our goal is to provide a level of service that requires diligent attention to detail and is a matter of constant
reinforcement of our hotel.
Once again, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience we caused you. If there is anything else we can assist you with in the future, please don't hesitate to call. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
Yours In Hospitality,
Richmond
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

fire alarm went off at 5 oclock in the morning Bathtub floor was slippery my wife almost fell about five o'clock in the morning when I'm sure everyone was in a deep sleep.The fire alarm on my floor apparently false alarmed and woke everyone up there was no apology or reimbursement of any sort offered by your staff not very good if you want me to come back

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

This alarm was not intentional.
I sincerely apologise for the false alarm which caused such inconvinence to all the guest.
I did meet with some guest on checking out. All of them said that they did understand that the hotel was not at fault.
I made the mistake of not apologising to every guest. This was a lack of service on my part.
mesquite
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I paid a lot of money for this room. Hoping to be real romantic and it was different.
Carpet extremely dirty, sofa dirty. Its very old this hotel. Needs improvement.
The Jacuzzi has no steps to get inside.
They have a clock that does not work.
The room smells dirty.
T.V room, some channels are not clears.
T.V. Refrigerator, and table lamp all on a power strip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frigol
Dear guest,
I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor service you received during your stay at the BRAND of Ramada.
Your experience with our BRAND was not the quality of service that we have promised to provide to our guests. Our BRAND promise is something that we strive to deliver to every guest everyday. There is no excuse that our staff did not fulfill that promise in your case. Please accept our apologies.
We would like to offer a 15% discount on your next visit with this letter. When calling to make your advance reservation, please ask for me and I will personally assist you. Thank you for choosing BRAND and I look forward to the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

The room was clean and the place was decently quiet. The wi-fi was quite solid. The hotel is located nearby many different places to eat. The complementary breakfast was nice. Overall the pricing is $50 a night although the experience was worth more than that. There were good places to go and they were not too far away from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,
Thank you for your response.
Mannford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nothing good.
Arrived late. My room was at the back of the building. There was a rear entrance but no outdoor lighting. I had to drag my stuff the length of the hotel.
Once in my room I immediately realized the pillows on the bed were going to be disappointing. I was right. The shower had a horrible patch spot on the ceiling about 3' x 3'. The toilet paper was mounted under the bathroom sink counter...you literally had to lean under the sink counter to get TP from the toilet.
The bed was nothing but springs and metal. It is in the top 5 worst beds I've ever slept on in a hotel and I've done a lot of traveling.
This morning I realized why there a patch spot on the bathroom ceiling...the horrible shower head sprays water on the ceiling and walls.
I pulled filters out of the air unit, they were filthy.
Just not a good traveling business experience.
I'm using Wyndham Rewards point to save a little money and need to expense the trip for work. The girl at the front desk said she can't give me a receipt with a monetary amount on it without charging my card. Her answer was...sorry.
Breakfast was cereal, about 5 varieties, bread and toaster, boiled eggs, plain scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with what resembled green peppers, tomatoes, chopped sausage patties. Although there were no whole sausage patties. Breakfast was disappointing.
There appear to be

I'll be changing hotels today

Room Tip: Don't stay in the rear of the hotel unless you want to carry your bags.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard J
Jaheer S, Manager at Gateway Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest of Ramada Park Central. I appreciate the time that you took to bring this matter to our
attention. I assure you that the matter will be looked into. For your inconvenience, I offer 15% on your next visit to our BRAND. Please show this email on check in.
Once again, I apologize for your unpleasant stay and any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please feel welcome at our hotel in your future travels.
Jaheer S