“Workshop”

Gateway Hotel Dallas
Ranked #145 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel is a real dump with matching service. Upon arrival and checking in it was obvious the hotel is outdated, and looks like it was last renovated in the early 80's. The room key entry system had failed and required maintenance assistance to initially enter my room. The room had a peculiar odor to it and filthy carpet. It wasn't until late that evening that I realized the thermostat did not work either, and I had no control over the rooms temperature which felt to reach 80 degrees. In the morning I explained the thermostat problem to the front desk and that I had not had a good nights sleep. The only reply from the front desk was "HUGH".

2  Thank Judd C
Reviewed March 20, 2013

2  Thank Baldev S
Reviewed March 20, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Leonardo M
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is my first time writing a review on a motel's service. I checked in on last night through expedia around 6:30 pm. My room is 117. I was charged a 50.00 fee just in case of any damages in which is not in their online description of the motel. Make sure to use cash because it will tie up your money for 3-4 days. So, I used cash. I will make sure I am with whoever check my room, especially the Chinese woman to make sure I am not schemed for more money to get my $50.00 back. Ladies, make sure you use tissue to wipe off your make-up because you will b charged for the towels. Make sure you get a clear understanding of the check out time because the front desk person, Adolofo will lie to keep his job. Later a Chinese woman shows up at the door just as rude and my husband was trying to tell her we were told that check out time was 12:00, but she was steady trying to get her point accross she was not listening to her customer. I call the front desk and of course Adoloflow lie saying he did not tell me this. Then, I found out the Chenese woman was the manger/owner. I went to the door and told my husband she is not worth it. I told her I will be there to pay for another night and close the door while she stood there with the nasty attitude. That's how to deal with nasty n rude attitude's of the devil is shut the door on him. I read reviews on this motel n the one about the rude attitude of the owner is accurate n other illegal activities were spotted. However, the room was clean but the night and day desk person right along with the Chinese owner need an adjustment in people relations. I will inform Expedia to alert them of the discrepencies in Ramada Inn on LBJ Fwy service.

Room Tip: read the review.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel is in complete disrepair, so DO NOT STAY HERE! The manager/owner makes no accommodations. The rooms and facilities are old, grungy, and ill kept. One wall was full of unpainted patchwork and major scuffs, the wallpaper was scuffed, peeling, and ripped, there were water leak stains in the ceiling, the side table drawers were crooked and broken, and the bathroom was in shambles. The continental breakfast looked inedible and unprofessionally laid out. You had to pay extra for an omelet or waffle, as the only "free" breakfast was cereal, eggs, and toast. The microwave and fridge in the room did not work. I was denied an hour of late check out even though the hotel was not full. The rear doors closer to the guest rooms did not work with hotel keys. Bugs were in the bathrooms. Based on other comments these issues have persisted and have not be addressed for some time!

1  Thank Jessie W
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I'm an old man, or maybe just simply old-fashioned, but I think a lot of people who write these reviews are just whiners or people looking to get something for free. I mean you get what you pay for. This place is a budget hotel or an upscale motel. It's better than the average motel but seriously don't expect full-service hospitality of a 4-star hotel for roughly $ 50.00 dollars a night. I had no problems with my stay. It was a clean room, quite, and afforadable, I stayed for one night, slept, got a cheap, quick breakfast, and left for my meeting and then my flight. I didn't have to fight or argue, I got my deposit back, and I didn't have any issues at check out. But then again, I'm old-fashoined. I don't go around destroying and damaging other people's property or causing other people problems. Basically I would recommend this if you want a small upgrade over a motel, but seriously, if you're thinking this is going to be a 4-star hotel, you're going to be sorely mistaken.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business