“Simply a wonderful stay”

Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
Ranked #7 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed May 11, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights for a convention and it was great! We had a very comfortable room with all the 4 star amenities. It was the best nights sleep we have had in a hotel! The bed was incredibly comfortable. The staff were exceedingly polite. They even gave us complimentary milk and cookies on our first night stay! It is away from the drag of downtown Dallas traffic, which we liked! If you need a great place to stay and dont mind driving 10 minutes to downtown without traffic, this place will satisfy your needs.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,814)

Reviewed April 6, 2009

I went to Dallas with my mother for a girls' weekend getaway. Getting there was easy and self parking is free in the hotel garage. The hotel is a little far out, which makes for a boring view but a quiet sleep. We had breakfast in the hotel's restaurant, Dover's, and our waitress, Rosanna, was so sweet and funny that we went again the next morning. The breakfast tacos bring me back there every time I go to Dallas! Dinner at the restaurant was also nice, although pricey. Overall, a very nice stay!

• Stayed: June 2008
OmniParkWestMgr, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the Omni Hotel at Park West on TripAdvisor. We also appreciate you mentioning the service you received from our server in Dover's. She is definitely an asset to our hotel. We hope that these good experiences will encourage you to visit us again soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2009

This is an elegantly decorated hotel with a nice resturant and bar. The location is nice since it's right off the freeway and about 15 minutes from downtown Dallas but there isn't a lot around the property itself as far as resturants or shopping from what we could tell. It was too cool outside to check out the pool area but it looked nice as well. The staff was nice as well. The fitness center was quite nice which included a sauna and hottub.I do have a few complaints though. We stayed in room 706 and there was this intermittent humming noise that went on 24 hours a day of our two day stay. It may have been from the elevator but we were about 5 rooms down from that so I'm not so sure. It was annoying at times. Especially when it was dead quiet and you're trying to fall asleep. The beds were nicely decorated and pretty comfortable with the exception of the pillows. They were just like sticking your head into a heap of clothes. No support at all and I was using two of them. We got a room service breakfast which was tasty but was way WAY over priced. On the menu it looks like you are going to pay around $25.00-$30.00 for the full breakfast for two but when the final bill came it topped out about $50.00 with additional fees! It was $90 per night to stay there! That's a little messed up for a breakfast. There seemed to be ample free parking at all times so that was good. Check in and check out were pretty standard. To conclude, it was worth the price we payed through hotels.com but if we had payed the standard price, it probably would have been too much. I would recommend it but avoid room 706 and maybe that floor alltogether.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the Omni Hotel at Park West on TripAdvisor. We are disappointed that your stay was not perfect and we have noted your concerns regarding noise level and room service. We do appreciate that you also shared the positive aspects of your stay with us and we hope that those will encourage you return to the Omni Hotel at Park West again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2009

The steward on the incoming flight was baffled: why are you coming to Dallas? we had 3 reasons: Southfork / JR & the Ewing clan ; Deeley Plaza & JFK, and the Galleria shopping mall.

Our one night visit to Dallas ( from our three week holiday home in florida) had been uber organized in advance, and we selected as our base the Omni hotel after reading reviews on trip adviser. The hotel was clean and functional and well located just off the interstate, but it never really clicked for us; the fact that we'd been given rooms on the 2nd floor with a lovely view of a flat roof leading to the interstate didn't exactly endear the hotel to us; we were only there for 1 night so we didn't bother asking for better rooms and we only used the hotel as a base but maybe it was too functional. The rooms themselves were, though clean, a little dark and gloomy. There were a number of large business conferences and tour groups staying at the hotel at the same time as us, so maybe this hotel is more suited to that type of traveler than my wayward family.

Nevertheless, the pool was nice (though too hot to endure in the August Texas sun shine) and the concierge did well in suggesting a restaurant we all enjoyed. There is a large free car park attached to the hotel; a car is essential as there is little around the hotel (however, this is common in America ).

Dallas itself for 2 days was fab: we found out who shot JR, but not who shot JFK (the picket fence really is only 50 yards from the X on the highway where he was first shot); The Galleria Mall was superb for a Brit (with a wife & 2 teenage daughters) in the heady days when you could get $2 to the £, and was really worth the extra $$ for valet parking. A hire car with a sat nav is essential; Texas is massive (certainly by English standards) and the off site car hire at DFW airport was a breeze. There were plenty of frequent buses to and from the 2 locations.

So it's a big thumbs up for Dallas, and a fairly neutral wave goodbye to the Omni; it did what it said on the tin, but that's all it did.

Incidentally, on our return flight to MCO, we were staggered to find 2 identical separate car parks with 2 identical floors and very little to identify & differentiate them in the way of signage. At midnight, we left the airport to return to floor 5, row 7, space 6 in the car park to find an empty space. An hour later, and after much tears and tantrums (from me, let alone the girls) we discovered (with the help of the single security guard on duty after midnight) an identical car park next door, where our vehicle resided in floor 5, row 7, space 6.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank philipellis
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Good hotel. Enjoyed the complementary morning drinks delivered to the room. Good facilities. Very close to the airport. Not close to downtown at all.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2009

I arrived without a lot of time to spare before a dinner meeting due to flight delays and was informed that due to a leak there were no rooms unless I wanted a smoking room that required further deep cleaning. Sounded like an excuse and more like they overbooked. Had to ask valet to remove suitcase from car, too, by the way. Was sent to sister property in an inconvenient location. They paid for 1 night and wanted me to re-pack and come back the next day. My other option when I pushed was to go next door to Doubletree but that hotel has no restaurant. I would have appreciated a phone call to save me the time and trouble of going to that hotel for no reason.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank suntanzi
Reviewed February 24, 2009

My husband canceled a room at The Lumen after reading how wonderful the Omni was. We thought we'd try somewhere new, instead of staying where we ALWAYS stay. Big mistake. What we thought would be a wonderful birthday trip for me was nothing close to wonderful. It was just plain bad.

The location is okay, being that it is right off the highway and easy to find, but we didn't care for it overall. It is supposed to sit on a lake, but where is the lake? I didn't see one. My husband joked that their promo picture must be of an Omni in Chicago or LA, because it looks nothing like the pictures in person.

The room was standard in size, nothing special here, but the bathroom was terrible. The sink sits out very far, making it difficult to apply make up. I had to use a magnifying mirror to come close, and I hate those! For a woman, this is something that is important when you have a husband waiting two hours for you to get ready. It took me forever! I had to lean in all sorts of ways to be able to see myself in the mirror. I gave up and used the little one, because it reached where I was standing.

The water is VERY hard. When I say VERY, I am not exaggerating. My hair broke off when dry. I am so glad I packed a few cute hats for a night out on the town! =)

As for service, what service? They took all of our soap when they cleaned the rooms, and it took an hour and three calls to the front desk to get any. I forgot my body wash... silly me! One would think they would supply soap, when politely asked for it.

As for the beds, they are very hard. The "foam" pillows are not foam, and the down pillows are old and worn. We had to get six just to sleep, and even then, it took forever to get comfortable. I woke up many times to readjust my pillows. When calling for extras, we requested four and received one. After a day of just dealing with it, I called again for more down pillows, and received nothing. A trip to the front desk proved fruitful. We received our pillows, although just as bad as the first set, it was nice to be listened to. Casey was wonderful! I informed him that it was my birthday, and that our stay had been less than pleasant, and he personally delivered the pillows, along with champagne and strawberries. It was a nice gesture, but we would have enjoyed a discount or some other form of compensation. A cheap bottle of Brut was a little beneath our standards, and we are no snobs! The strawberries were good, though.

The hot tub rocked, so a plus there. The gym is state-of-the-art. I didn't use it, because we wanted to take a break from our normal routine at home, but I was very impressed with the equipment. It made me wished I'd packed by running shoes!

Would we stay here again? Never. We will gladly pay more to stay at the Lumen, which is where we've stayed before. The Lumen is only rated 3-star, but puts the 4-star Omni in the dust with service, comfy beds, awesome showers, and a convenient location. You just can't beat them.

You may think the Omni is classy and shiny, as I did upon arrival, but when you take a closer look, you will find that the marble pillars are not marble at all, but covered in "marble" wallpaper instead. Nice try, Omni! I will be taking my business elsewhere!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple