“Nice property - one glitch”

Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
Ranked #10 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
texas
“Nice property - one glitch”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at the Omni as it wa the site of my husbands annual businesss conference. The property is easy to get to...good parking, beautiful hotel. The room was comfy, clean and modern. The wine bar and lounge were open and airy and had a great atmosphere. My husband said the meeting areas were very comfortable and nice. My only complaint - there was a very starnge smell on the 6th floor. The minute you got off the elevator you could smell it. Im not sure what it was. Smelled like rotten eggs or ?maybe mold?...Several other friends stayed on that floor as well and all complained about the odor. It was not apparent in the room - only the hallway. If we had been staying an extended time I would have requested a different floor. Other than that it was a very nice place to stay. I would return but would ask for another floor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank suziq2Texas
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your stay overall! We recently learned of an issue the city had in the area which was the source of the smell issues. We regret this glitch was a part of your experience at our property and we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Longview, TX
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were in town for only one night and we made the best of it. Having stayed at other Omni hotels, I was confident our two rooms reserved for the family would be satisfactory. For the most part that was the case. My wife and daughter were on the eight floor and there room was exactly what we have come to expect from Omni hotels. Unfortunately, my room not so much. First, the valet parking was exactly what I need after a long drive. The people at the front desk were both nice and respectful. The concierge was quick with a map to our next destination and off we went to our rooms. My room was on the ninth floor and once you got past the bathroom, you had to walk sideways to enter the bed room. The room itself was quite roomy. Apparently, the room had been converted from a king or queen size beds to a room with double beds. So, that made the room very hard to get around in. The only other complaint I have with this room was the smell. I wasn't so bad that you could not stand it but by the next morning the smell was worse. I am not sure but the odor my have been coming from the air ventilation system. Any way, breakfast was GREAT! However, breakfast did not start until 6:30AM. So if you need to be someplace early, you may need to find an alternate place to eat. I can't say enough about the staff, they were great. Our waitress was kind and very delightful to be around. As of this post date, I have not seen my credit card bill. So, if the billing is correct, I will be more than satisfied with my stay.

Room Tip: Construction on LBJ is terrible! Call ahead to make sure what exit you should take to get to the ho...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank FamilyManFrom_E_TX
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. We are very pleased to hear that overall your stay was pleasant and we are delighted that all of your interactions with the hotel staff were exceptional. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to our area!
Bristol
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed for five nights in February - a really nice hotel. Decor good, food good, staff are amazingly helpful. They remember what you eat, drink and offer great tips on the area. Shuttle service was a plus as I didn't like to drive. Bed was comfy. Free wi-fi and breakfast drinks to the room for loyalty members (just fill out a form). Would return again and recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay at our property. We are very pleased you found the location to be so ideal and that the friendliness of our staff, cleanliness of our rooms, and dining were so impressive. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

The hallways were smelling like sewage and the rooms smelled like smoke the water was brown when getting ready to brush teeth they charged me extra during check out when I paid it due to checking in complained but dident anyone help but manger in dovers grill housekeeping was rude too.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank shawtysantos
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback and we regret that your experience was such an unpleasant one. This is the first we are hearing of any smell or water issues but we will certainly investigate this with our engineering staff. Your review also mentions an overpayment of some sort but remains rather vague on the details. We definitely do not want any of our guests overpaying for anything or paying for a service they do not feel met the quality standards expected at Omni Hotels & Resorts. Please feel reach out to me directly at ddelk@omnihotels.com to provide further details of your stay. We do hope the other aspects of your stay were enjoyable and thank you again for your feedback.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was in town for a week. The hotel was well located, with easy access and close to whatever I needed (food, stores) by car, of course. The room was great, clean, the shower was also strong and refreshing. Bed was amazing, hadn't sleep that well in months.
Receptionists were of great help with good tips. The bar by the lobby was easy going and I was well served.
I had some boxes delivered to my room and found no issues with the service from the hotel.
I would definitely recommend and stay at Omni again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear your experience was so wonderful and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Dallas.
East Tawas, Michigan
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I brought a large group of professionals to this Dallas hotel and received a level of service that exceeded what I thought were my high expectations. The rooms were lovely, the service for all the meeting set-up was great, and the food, especially for the western buffet dinner received rave reviews from the people attending. Because of the level of service, my group was able to attend to all the functions of running a big meeting without worrying about accommodations, meeting areas, and food. It's not close to the airport which was the only drawback. However, shuttle service made it work. Thank you, Omni Park West for helping make our event better than ever!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay at our property. We are very pleased the friendliness of our staff, décor of our rooms, and dining exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and do hope to see you again soon!
Market Harborough
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I chose this hotel for value for money and it proved a good decision. I arrived late from a long flight from the Uk and the checkin was already prepared, a nice large executive room with a great lounge area with a 3 seater settee and chair, a good work desk - in fact just about everything I needed. The room is a lttle tired but frankly it didnt matter too much. The most ridiculous thing is the safe - it is at the bottom of the large cabinet and you need to get down on the floor to use it - absolutely hidious place to locate the safe. Nice touches are the free beverage delivery every morning and the nice breakfast included into my package. Restaurant and bar are great and the little shop with Starbucks coffee is useful.
You really need a car if you want to get about - there is nothing within walking distance. I needed to be in Downtown Dallas so I just drove to the Royal Lane DART station and took the train into Dallas - very convenient, free parking at the station and just $5 for a day pass.

I usually stay at one of the two DFW hotels but the value of the Omni suits me better - even when adding the cost of the car. I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you had such an enjoyable stay and you found our property to be such a great value. We appreciate all of your feedback and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Dallas.