“Clean, nice but little bit tricky to find restaurants.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West

Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
Ranked #13 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Clean, nice but little bit tricky to find restaurants.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed for 3 days with my mom and my 1 yo, clean and very nice room! We visited relatives and visited Dallas Arboretum and botanical garden. We didn't have a clue to find restaurants until the relatives brought us to a short cut road to get to it (a lot of restaurants). No charge to parking (that's a plus!). I wasn't familiar with Dallas's road (with a rental car from the airport) got a charge for a 'toll' way. ** The date that we traveled is not 'correct' We traveled to Dallas May 2010

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jelita
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Our hotel is located in a largely corporate office location but we do have dining options on site as well as many restaurants within a short drive. We also offer complimentary shuttle service to local eateries and shops within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. I know your review indicated your stay with us was May of 2010 so hopefully you will get a chance to stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Excellent night's sleep. My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights during our visit to Dallas. Very nice rooms with a nice view. The hotel is easily accessible from the highway but is not particularly close to any local attractions, in fact, it is in a business park of sorts. You'll need to hire a bell hop to use one of the carts to get multiple bags up to the room, but everyone was very helpful.

Parking is free in a garage adjoined to the hotel. Hotel has a bar and large ballrooms. We got a great deal on our room (~$80) and it was well worth it!

1 Thank Brandon E
OmniHotelsManager, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We're glad you felt the hotel was a great value and that the staff was very helpful. We will make sure the bell staff is made aware of your positive comments and hope you consider the Omni Dallas Park West Hotel again on your next trip to the Dallas area.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a perfectly fine Omni hotel in a perfectly dull area. But for a quick business trip to North Dallas, I got a good rate ($122) and it was convenient both to where I needed to be and to the airport. You absolutely need a car unless you plan to eat in the hotel. There was no charge for parking. The king sized bed was comfortable, linens fine, room clean, end tables a little worn. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here, but if I needed to be in this area for no more than a night or two and the rates were good I would book again.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank PJfromCA
Thank you for your review. While our hotel is in a primarily corporate office location, we are just a few short miles away from shopping, dining, and even hiking trails and our concierge is always happy to help plan a day or make recommendations. We are glad you enjoyed your stay overall and hope you depend on us again when your travels bring you back to our area.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'm an accidental Omni fan, having stayed in a only a few over many years of travel and then only when stumbling upon them booking at the last minute or finding some deal online. So far, it seems like the hotels outperform the chain's reputation as I typically don't hear much about it on my frequent business travels

Spent three nights at this Dallas property when my usual business hotel was booked, and was pleasantly surprised. Many five-star touches at a not-bargain-but-not-quite-five-star price. The lobby here was lovely and swank with beautiful flower arrangements and nice appointments. I had a standard room -- no TV in the bathroom mirror for me -- but appreciated small touches like silk-wrapped electrical cords, high-quality towels and robes and a wide selection of cable channels. The gym was above-par -- nice equipment and country-club caliber changing rooms. Upon check-in I received a fab little cheese plate with little hunks of great cheese, toast thins, a chocolate-covered apple slice and some sort of thin, salty salami. Service was consistently warm and friendly

Other pluses:

-- A free drink delivered outside the door on a tray in the morning -- subtle knock and it's there -- with the ability to add fresh fruit, yogurt or a bagel for a buck or two.
-- Free newspaper of my choice delivered in the morning
-- Strong wi-fi, free for frequent-stay club members.
- Free parking

Cons:
-- Surprising dearth of accessible outlets. There were two at the desk with one not working. I ended up charging my phone and tablet in the bathroom.
-- Room HVAC iffy. It was cold the week I was there and I had to crank the thermostat up to 77 to prevent cold air blowing out while I worked at the desk.
- The hotel attracts a lot of big meetings which can overwhelm the small bar or inundate the check-in desk between sessions. I waited 20 plus minutes at the desk when my the mag strip on my key stopped working to get a replacement.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank 43reds
OmniHotelsManager, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our property. We love gaining new Omni fans...even the "accidental" ones! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Dallas and hope you make us your new business hotel.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed 2 nights and had a great time. Comfy beds. They are a very "green" hotel. One cool thing was a tv in the bathroom mirror. Good business meeting facilities. Very helpful and friendly staff. Recommend a king sized bed. They have an iPod docking station and all the Internet connections. Highly recommend it for any Dallas trips.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of downtown.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GaryEvelynD
Brookfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

As they say the difference is in the details and it was a few details that lead me to rate this only average. I expected more from an Omni.
First off location, while it is as short trip to Dallas Fort Worth airport, that is where the convenience ends. There is NOTHING around here, if you are traveling without a car you are at the mercy of a hotel shuttle or expensive cabs. And the shuttle only goes five miles, so it will not take you to the airport, the hotel is great about arranging a cab to the airport but that is $35 to $40 they did not inform me of a $17 super shuttle option, If you do have a car expect to add $15 a day to your trip for parking.

I was here for a conference all our meals/snacks were provided by hotel catering. Food was average the first dinner was edible but not great, luke warm beef medallions that would have been dry not for the gravy on the plate, bland veggies tasted like they were from a can. Breakfast rubbery eggs. lunch was cold cut sandwiches, potato chips and tomato soup no more special than Campbells Dinner the second night was a buffet, chicken was okay, better veggie/side salad options, dry beef brisket. The pastries for breaks and desserts seemed store bought, there was an apple crisp that good.

My room was across from the ice machine, noise from it was not too bad.

The room, again the minor details made what could be wonderful only average. My room was clean, the bed linens were crisp and fresh, the amount of towels adequate. The info says fridge in the room but it is a locked mini bar you have to get key for. The tv stand/dresser was in somewhat beat up condition and it was dusty enough I could write my name on it, also it had glass covering it and under the glass was dusty too ( same with the nightstands) There must have been recent repairs - possible drywall or spackle or repainting to the bathroom ceiling. There were many paint or spackle white streaks on the blue wall paper in the bathroom including a handprint.
So that and the dusty dressers gave my room a rundown feel.

One other small overlooked detail, the change from daylight savings was to occur the Sat. Night/Sunday morning I stayed. Saturday evening i returned to my room there was a note placed next to the alarm clock making me aware of the time change and stating that for my convenience the clock had already been changed.....however it had not, i was quite annoyed by this. I had to catch a 4 a.m ride to airport, set the alarm for 3:00 a.m. Got up dressed and was wondering why the 3:15 wake up call I requested had not happened. I turned on my ipad to check a confirmation number only then did I realize the clock was not changed but when having to catch a 4 a.m shuttle for an hour flight and busy day being robbed of an hour sleep is an inconvenience. Few others at the conference that stayed on my floor had the same thing, a note stating the clock was changed, but it had not been done.

Room Tip: I was by the ice machine and was not disturbed by noise from it.
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank TeeKay1972
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have stayed here in the past and decided to stay here again based on my favorable past experience. This continues to be an excellent choice for a business hotel. The beds are outstanding. I noted that their pillows are on the soft side and they tend to give you two pillows with a King Size bed - which in my opinion - is not enough, and they are very soft pillows. Not to myself in the future to request two additional hard pillows for sleeping. (They have three other large pillows in the room but these are not pillows you would use in sleeping since they are regular pillows with a cover and not with pillow cases.)

The staff is exceptionally friendly and will assist you with anything. Parking is abundant and convenient.

The OMNI experience is excellent and I would certainly come here again when in the area.

Room Tip: When setting your GPS to come to the hotel, remember that it is located on Lyndon B Johnson Freeway...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Bertha C, Executive Assistant at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing the comments on your experience at our hotel. We value your opinion and take into consideration when making improvements to our hotel. We look forward to your next visit with us.