New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #13 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Alexandria, Virginia
“New Omni fan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'm an accidental Omni fan, having stayed in a only a few over many years of travel and then only when stumbling upon them booking at the last minute or finding some deal online. So far, it seems like the hotels outperform the chain's reputation as I typically don't hear much about it on my frequent business travels

Spent three nights at this Dallas property when my usual business hotel was booked, and was pleasantly surprised. Many five-star touches at a not-bargain-but-not-quite-five-star price. The lobby here was lovely and swank with beautiful flower arrangements and nice appointments. I had a standard room -- no TV in the bathroom mirror for me -- but appreciated small touches like silk-wrapped electrical cords, high-quality towels and robes and a wide selection of cable channels. The gym was above-par -- nice equipment and country-club caliber changing rooms. Upon check-in I received a fab little cheese plate with little hunks of great cheese, toast thins, a chocolate-covered apple slice and some sort of thin, salty salami. Service was consistently warm and friendly

Other pluses:

-- A free drink delivered outside the door on a tray in the morning -- subtle knock and it's there -- with the ability to add fresh fruit, yogurt or a bagel for a buck or two.
-- Free newspaper of my choice delivered in the morning
-- Strong wi-fi, free for frequent-stay club members.
- Free parking

Cons:
-- Surprising dearth of accessible outlets. There were two at the desk with one not working. I ended up charging my phone and tablet in the bathroom.
-- Room HVAC iffy. It was cold the week I was there and I had to crank the thermostat up to 77 to prevent cold air blowing out while I worked at the desk.
- The hotel attracts a lot of big meetings which can overwhelm the small bar or inundate the check-in desk between sessions. I waited 20 plus minutes at the desk when my the mag strip on my key stopped working to get a replacement.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 43reds
OmniHotelsManager, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our property. We love gaining new Omni fans...even the "accidental" ones! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Dallas and hope you make us your new business hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed 2 nights and had a great time. Comfy beds. They are a very "green" hotel. One cool thing was a tv in the bathroom mirror. Good business meeting facilities. Very helpful and friendly staff. Recommend a king sized bed. They have an iPod docking station and all the Internet connections. Highly recommend it for any Dallas trips.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of downtown.
1 Thank GaryEvelynD
Brookfield, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

As they say the difference is in the details and it was a few details that lead me to rate this only average. I expected more from an Omni.
First off location, while it is as short trip to Dallas Fort Worth airport, that is where the convenience ends. There is NOTHING around here, if you are traveling without a car you are at the mercy of a hotel shuttle or expensive cabs. And the shuttle only goes five miles, so it will not take you to the airport, the hotel is great about arranging a cab to the airport but that is $35 to $40 they did not inform me of a $17 super shuttle option, If you do have a car expect to add $15 a day to your trip for parking.

I was here for a conference all our meals/snacks were provided by hotel catering. Food was average the first dinner was edible but not great, luke warm beef medallions that would have been dry not for the gravy on the plate, bland veggies tasted like they were from a can. Breakfast rubbery eggs. lunch was cold cut sandwiches, potato chips and tomato soup no more special than Campbells Dinner the second night was a buffet, chicken was okay, better veggie/side salad options, dry beef brisket. The pastries for breaks and desserts seemed store bought, there was an apple crisp that good.

My room was across from the ice machine, noise from it was not too bad.

The room, again the minor details made what could be wonderful only average. My room was clean, the bed linens were crisp and fresh, the amount of towels adequate. The info says fridge in the room but it is a locked mini bar you have to get key for. The tv stand/dresser was in somewhat beat up condition and it was dusty enough I could write my name on it, also it had glass covering it and under the glass was dusty too ( same with the nightstands) There must have been recent repairs - possible drywall or spackle or repainting to the bathroom ceiling. There were many paint or spackle white streaks on the blue wall paper in the bathroom including a handprint.
So that and the dusty dressers gave my room a rundown feel.

One other small overlooked detail, the change from daylight savings was to occur the Sat. Night/Sunday morning I stayed. Saturday evening i returned to my room there was a note placed next to the alarm clock making me aware of the time change and stating that for my convenience the clock had already been changed.....however it had not, i was quite annoyed by this. I had to catch a 4 a.m ride to airport, set the alarm for 3:00 a.m. Got up dressed and was wondering why the 3:15 wake up call I requested had not happened. I turned on my ipad to check a confirmation number only then did I realize the clock was not changed but when having to catch a 4 a.m shuttle for an hour flight and busy day being robbed of an hour sleep is an inconvenience. Few others at the conference that stayed on my floor had the same thing, a note stating the clock was changed, but it had not been done.

Room Tip: I was by the ice machine and was not disturbed by noise from it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TeeKay1972
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have stayed here in the past and decided to stay here again based on my favorable past experience. This continues to be an excellent choice for a business hotel. The beds are outstanding. I noted that their pillows are on the soft side and they tend to give you two pillows with a King Size bed - which in my opinion - is not enough, and they are very soft pillows. Not to myself in the future to request two additional hard pillows for sleeping. (They have three other large pillows in the room but these are not pillows you would use in sleeping since they are regular pillows with a cover and not with pillow cases.)

The staff is exceptionally friendly and will assist you with anything. Parking is abundant and convenient.

The OMNI experience is excellent and I would certainly come here again when in the area.

Room Tip: When setting your GPS to come to the hotel, remember that it is located on Lyndon B Johnson Freeway...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bertha C, Executive Assistant at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing the comments on your experience at our hotel. We value your opinion and take into consideration when making improvements to our hotel. We look forward to your next visit with us.
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

8 of us stayed here for 3 nights. Rooms were very cheap ($80/night), my friend got a great deal. We had come to Dallas to see a SMU game and a Cowboys game and visit a couple of amusement parks. It's in a decent location in proximity to all these places as well as the airport.

Rooms were comfortable and clean, however the floor plan was weird. A wall was put in to give the appearance of having two rooms - but it only made the room more cluttered. Room had a nice tv. We also had a mini-bar which I would NOT touch, it's such a ripoff.

We pre-purchased breakfast at $13 ($4 off the regular price). It was okay. There was an omelette bar and they had plenty of bacon and sausage. Workers/servers were very friendly and nice but seemed overworked and stressed.

Plenty of self-serve parking on-site. There is a pool and an exercise room. There are running trails outside but not much else. The nearest shops are a ways away...but everybody has a car here. There is a secret private lounge on the 12th floor with a great tv.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Smith, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just spent three days in the OMNI Park West. Rooms are roomy and clean. Staff was very polite and helpful. A bit out of the way but they have a great restaurant and bar on premises. Plenty of restaurants and shopping within a short drive. Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try for a room away from the Expressway.
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have spent two long weekends at this hotel during the past two years and we went there just to relax with friends. It is away from the noise and hubub of downtown Dallas, but quickly accesible to shopping and fine dining. The hotel is immaculate and has a great restaurant. The pool area is great for hanging out with friends. A real perk for me is the access to running trails right out the front door. The hotels sits by a small lake and forest so there are extensive opportunties for some long solitary runs in the morning. The staff are exceedingly attentive and polite.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends