“Sound Proof Rooms”

Grand Hyatt DFW
Ranked #1 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed here overnight on a trip back from Cozumel to KC. The hotel was extremely nice. The rooms are large and have nice amenities. We had 4 people in our room and there was plenty of room. We received a room facing the runway. My husband could have stayed a week just watching planes come in and out. There is a very nice pool and weight room on the top floor. If we had stayed longer I definitely would have went for a swim. The rooms are almost totally sound proof. We had no trouble sleeping. Beware of the $9.00 beer in the mini-bar. We couldn't find the price posted any where in the room so we only drank one.
The hotel is very easy to find and the DFW gates and security are right at the bottom of the escalator.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the runways have an awesome view. We were on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Laura B
GrandHyattDFW, Director of Sales at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Thank you for writing a review! We are glad that you enjoyed your room and it was well-suited for your family of four. We do have a unique view, thank you for sharing the tip about runway views with other travelers.

There are newer reviews for Grand Hyatt DFW

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I was stranded by another canceled flight last night at DFW and stayed in beautiful luxury at the Grand Hyatt at DFW. This has happened to me several times in the past and I always head to the Grand Hyatt. The staff was very helpful and provided me with the toiletries I needed as my luggage was somewhere unknown. After checking in, my business partner and I went to the bar and had a relaxing evening with superb appetizers of Jamon Iberica and Humus.

The room was spotlessly clean, the bed was as comfortable as any I have ever slept in. There was absolutely NO noise from the busy airport traffic just outside the window. I was able to get needed rest after a hectic day of traveling.

This was not my first stay at the Grand Hyatt DFW and certainly will not be my last.

Room Tip: Every room I have stayed in at the Grand Hyatt DFW was great! This is how a hotel should be run!
1  Thank James W

We are glad that we could be the oasis you needed after a cancelled flight. For business. leisure and *stranded* travelers we do offer a unique experience within DFW Airport! Thank you for being a repeat guest, that is a compliment in and of itself!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Great renovated hotel. Airstrip view was excellent - really added atmosphere to the nights' sleep in between flights. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and appreciated how easy it was to access security.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
GrandHyattDFW, Director of Sales at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your overnight experience with us. Many people stay for the convenience but they come back because of the quality. Thank you for noticing, and we hope to see you again at DFW.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

unlike many airport hotels, this one is literally smack in the airport, one escalator flight up from the departure gates in the international terminal. Sleek and elegant architecture and furnishing, and the soundproofing is a marvel: the rooms, restaurant, and bar are so quiet you would think you are alone in a forest. Friendly and efficient staff, restaurant food was very high quality, and there is a nice gym and outdoor pool. One word of warning, though: because of the massive size of the DFW airport, it can take longer than you'd think (35 minutes in my case) from the security area outside the hotel to the gate.

1  Thank D73

Thank you for your 5-star review. Also, thank you for clarifying -- DFW is a large airport. While our location offers easy access to Terminal D, American Airlines and International flights, it can take longer to reach the other terminals via Skylink.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I recently travelled to DFW for a meeting, and the company chose to hold the meeting in the Airport Hotel. The Grand Hyatt DFW is easily accessible from all terminal via the SkyLink rail system, so no taxis or shuttles were required. I found the hotel easily (there are two Hyatts there, so make sure you get the correct hotel!) and took the escalator up to reception. The check in was day although they had to look up my Hyatt Rewards Membership (Gold Passport) number even though I hand provided it to the travel agent. That being said, the room was a pleasant surprise. I walked in and the curtains automatically raised up, music played and I was welcomed by name on the TV. The room was a step above most other Hyatts I have stayed in recently including the amenities, the comfortable bed and the oversized and fully updated bathroom/shower. The restaurant was convenient and the food and drinks were above what I would expect from an "airport hotel." The conference facilities were perfect for our group and the conference food and snacks were again above and beyond. My only complaint (very minor) was that it was confusing in the elevator to figure out where you really were: floor 1 vs. room floors vs. Lobby/restaurant vs. terminal. That being said, I would certainly recommend this hotel and conference facility to any group planning a meeting that wanted the convenience of staying at the airport and not driving down town.

Room Tip: Not able to comment. All of my colleagues liked their rooms.
1  Thank DrJohnTacoma

We are so glad to hear that our hotel and meeting facilities worked so well for you and your group. Our Terminal D DFW location is really a time saver. Many guests, like yourself, are surprised that we can offer both luxury AND convenience. Thank you for sharing!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I booked this hotel in April for a one night stay on July 30, 2014 as I was overnighting intransit to Mexico and this is clearly the BEST hotel in the DFW Area. It’s no surprise to me that is it now rated #1 in Dallas. I arrived around 4:30pm and was immediately checked in by Rocky at front desk. She was extremely courteous, professional and efficient. I had mentioned to her that I requested a high floor room facing the runways and she indicated the high floor rooms she had were not facing the runway sadly. Nonetheless, she found me an excellent room on the 4th Floor….room 418 with immaculate views.

The room itself is extremely state of the art in every way. Touch controls for the lights, blinds, air conditioning etc, a Smart TV and one of the most comfortable beds I’ve ever slept in. Having a touch panel on either side of the bed was also a great touch. The rooms are soundproof so there was absolutely no noise from the airport. The bathroom was also large and very well appointed with both a bathtub and shower. The Wi-Fi in the room was also excellent and throughout the property as well. As I had booked the Business Plan package, WiFi and local/national telephone calls were included. Be careful with the minibar in the room. The items are extremely expensive as one would expect, and any item removed will automatically be added to your hotel account.

This hotel is a stop for the Grapevine Shuttle which takes you to the Grapevine Mills Mall among other places which came in really handy for me as I wanted to do some light shopping at the mall that evening. The shuttle was just $5 USD for a one day pass. I used the hotel’s restaurant, Grand Met, for breakfast the next morning and that was absolutely delicious.

I would highly recommend this property to anyone transiting through DFW, particularly needing to take an international flight from Terminal D. It’s very convenient. It also means you can sleep longer because the hotel is right inside the airport and American Airlines’ check-in counters are five minutes’ walk from the lobby. This hotel cannot be beat and I thank everyone there for their excellent service during my short stay. I shall definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room facing the runways
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank BGIWorldTraveller

Thank you! We really appreciate a 5-star review from a frequent traveler like yourself. Aviation enthusiasts will appreciate your advice on room selection. Your description of how easy it is to go down the escalator and directly to Terminal D security is spot on. Also, hotel guests receive expedited security line access. Thanks!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Arrived at noon on a Saturday for a brief getaway for my children and me. While our assigned room was not quite ready, desk staff worked with us to find one that was--and ended up putting us in room 820, a handicap-accessible, runway-facing room midway of the hotel. The view offered jumbo jets leaving right underneath us, plus a view of arrivals, departures, and the AA hangar on the far west side.

Hotel has a 3.5'-deep saltwater swimming pool on the top floor, as well as VERY steamy saunas in the mens' and womens' locker rooms. Locker rooms are stocked with all of your required toiletries like shampoo, razors, toothbrushes, mini-deodorants, and even full-sized brushes, so you would not have to pack a thing.

Staff brought us extra pillows and a Zeurig coffee maker with coffee, tea, and a free bottled water upon request. The parking stand outside even offered us cold bottled water as we were going to our car to go to local Tinseltown movie theatre ($7.50 3D movies before 6p, even for new releases). And there are a TON of places to eat no more than 15 minutes away north, as well as the large Grapevine Mills mall area.

IF you have a Texas Toll Authority (TTA) tolltag, be SURE to get a paper ticket so that you can then get a payment voucher from the front desk; otherwise, you'll have to fill out a voucher form available from the front desk and wait for reimbursement to your account, once they reconcile the airport's charges with your specific entry/exit. Same thing if you should have any local guests visiting you during your stay.

Room Tip: In advance, we did pay the $11 difference for a runway-facing room. Our assigned room was not ready...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AustenBibi

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your recent stay. We are glad our rooms, pool and location worked well for your family travel. You bring up many great insider tips like our coffee makers on request and how to deal with the toll booth if you are driving in/out of DFW. Thank you!