“Classy property and super staff!”
Review of Grand Hyatt DFW

Grand Hyatt DFW
Ranked #2 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is the "high end" Hyatt -- and deservedly so. Every extra amenity has been well thought out, and you'll feel like a million here. The staff go out of their way to be sure you're happy -- they did with me! I spoke to the manager, Maribeth, ahead of time, and she made sure that all of my needs were met. A special thanks to the restaurant, with a staff who really make your day -- including Jessica, Chase, and Luis. Super job. These folks remember your favorite orders for years -- I don't know how they do it! Best of all, the hotel is right inside DFW airport, so you never need to go outside. Highly recommended. Thanks Maribeth, and thanks Grand Hyatt!!

Room Tip: Speak to Maribeth, the Manager, ahead of time, to discuss any special needs you may have. She and t...
1  Thank Gary F
GrandHyattDFW, Director of Sales at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for such a glowing review. I will share your compliments with the team, especially Maribeth! We strive for Grand service at DFW and we are glad that we could make your stay special.

There are newer reviews for Grand Hyatt DFW

Reviewed June 25, 2014

All in all, I would definitely say this is my ‘go to’ hotel in the Dallas area since I often fly in and out of DFW for most trips. This hotel definitely deserves five stars for rooms, service, and convenience, but slacks off in vegetarian food options and quality of the breakfast. Because the hotel is situated over Terminal D where there are tons of restaurants, you can’t complain that you don’t have options (as long as it isn’t late). Given this, I would give this hotel a near perfect rating of 4.3/5. Read the full review at grabamile.com

BTW: You can obtain a security pass at the concierge desk enter the secured side of the terminal.

Room Tip: If you like plane watching like me request a room facing the runway and airport operations. How quie...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank grabamile
GrandHyattDFW, Director of Sales at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for the accolades! We appreciate your perspective as a frequent guest. Thanks for sharing the tip about guests having airport re-entry privileges with a pass from the front desk. Please ask about vegetarian options in the Grand Met restaurant, often we can accommodate more than what appears on the menu. Thanks!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Grand Hyatt DFW is a pretty incredible hotel. My stay was pleasant, comfortable, and I had no major issues or concerns. This hotel is well worth checking out.

I was here for a seminar, and it was a perfect location. The hotel is located at the airport, so it was incredibly easy to get to- I got off my plane, jumped on a shuttle, and the driver took me right to the hotel.

Check in was easy and pleasant. For some reason, my name was mispelled in the system, so they fixed it immediately. They asked what type of room I wanted and made sure to work hard to get me the best room available. The service was outstanding.

The rooms were impressive and high tech- when you walk in, the lights turn on, the sheers open up, and the television turns on, playing music with a welcome message. That was really impressive. All the lights are controlled by a small control panel. It was impressive. I will say that my one complaint was that the main control panel didn't work, so it took me a while, walking around the room and repeatedly hitting buttons to turn off all the lights. That was a little frustrating.

I ordered room service, and it came very quickly. The portions weren't too large, but the food was filling and tasty. The service there was quite good. I didn't love the carrot cake, but the turkey club was outstanding.

The rooms are clean and spacious. I had a room with two large windows, facing the airport runway. I enjoyed being able to look out and see planes taking off and landing. I could hear them, but it didn't prevent me from falling asleep.The beds and comfortable and it's clear the rooms were well taken care of.

The conference rooms are a few floors below the lobby. They were spacious and comfortable- they felt new and well maintained.

All in all, my stay was fairly outstanding and I'd love to return to his hotel.

Room Tip: If you like fun views, get a room facing the runway- very cool to have such a close-up view of plane...
1  Thank thegreatone3182

We are so pleased to hear that our DFW airport location made it easy for you to fly-in for a seminar. We love to hear from business travelers who take advantage of our onsite meeting facilities. Thank you for the stellar review!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I had an overnight connection at DFW and were looking for a place to stay. While looking online, we thought why not try this hotel, it would be easy to just get up and go in the morning. The staff at reception were very friendly and quick. The room was wonderful!!! When you enter the room, the window shade automatically raises, the TV comes on with your name on the welcome screen. The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable. I think if the pillows were bigger, they would be a little nicer. The bathroom was well appointed with a separate tub and shower. The tub in our standard king room was a little small though. The shower had plenty of space. Just a word of caution, the floor in the bathroom is a high gloss granite and, while very pretty, it gets very slick when wet. You could not hear any planes taking off even though they were right outside our window. We were able to re enter the airport to eat supper with the help of airport security, The front desk will call security and they will fill out some information. You do have to go back through security, but it wasn't a big deal. The hotel does have it's own restaurant. Leaving in the morning, it was so nice to already be at the airport. The only thing I wish they had was express checkout. When we got downstairs, there was about a 5 min wait to checkout. The staff was very apologetic and said they were expecting so many people at once. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you need to be close to the airport. The rooms, location and staff are awesome!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Txgirl79

Thank you for being so detailed in your review. It really helps fellow travelers know that we are quite different than what they may picture as 'an airport hotel.' We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our unique access to Terminal D at DFW.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

You would not think of an airport hotel as a destination experience. This hotel appears brand new although we know it's not. The rooms are very high tech with a control panel by the bedside to control shades, sheers, temperature, lights, etc. The room was very well appointed with lots of space.& attention to design. We were worried that the noise at an airport hotel would be a problem but we were not troubled at all. The windows must be soundproofed.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The parking was free but we had a toll tag on our car instead of a ticket which made it more complicated so the terrific woman at the front desk said - no problem - this happens and just took care of it. Thanks Jenna !
We had breakfast before we left and the attention to detail in the restaurant was exceptional. Everything was very thoughtfully chosen for place settings, cups, saucers, etc. The room was warm and inviting. The choices were very broad and included more Tex-Mex alternatives along with twists on favorites. The service was terrific. Thanks Trevor.
We were not expecting this from an airport hotel.
We travel frequently so booking an overnight stay at this hotel for an early flight is a no-brainer.

Room Tip: Sometimes an upgrade to an Executive room is not that expensive and you get a lot more space for not...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PKDenton

Thank you for your great review! We really appreciate the perspective that "locals" have, thanks for sharing your experience driving in and parking for your stay. We will also share your compliments with Jenna and Trevor. Happy travels!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I returned to this hotel the weekend of the 13th for a business course. Again, I'm amazed at the convenience from Terminal D. The food at the in-house restaurant is very good. I found the room spacious, with nice amenities. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Greg W
GrandHyattDFW, Director of Sales at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you for being a repeat guest and sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. We are glad that our location, rooms and amenities meet your business travel needs. Our airport location really does save time when flying in for an on-site meeting! We look forward to seeing you again at DFW.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is an excellent hotel right inside one of the terminals at DFW. The rooms are well-furnished, very new, clean, and comfortable. The meeting facilities are fantastic and the food is very good for hotel food. And you simply cannot beat the convenience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Peanut5774

Thanks for sharing a review on TripAdvisor. We are so glad to hear that our convenient location was well-suited for your meetings and business travel needs. Thanks for the 5 star review!