“It's grand and it's great.”
Review of Grand Hyatt DFW

Grand Hyatt DFW
Ranked #2 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“It's grand and it's great.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Service is outstanding, room was VERY clean, bed was very comfortable, workout facility was super, rooftop pool area was fantastic, and breakfast was great. We will be back. Convenience was unbeatable! Need I say more?

Room Tip: Rooms that face the runway IS great. No, you won't hear the airplane noise!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The DFW Grand Hyatt seems to do it all well.

The staff at checkin, the cleaning people, and the service at the restaurants are all very good.

The people seem to exude service!

Had a room call King Deluze and it was very nice - a bit larger than the average room. Electric light and shade controls take a minute to master, but they work very well. Separate shower and tub also nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you can get to Terminal D at DFW, the Grand Hyatt is by far the nicest airport hotel that I have stayed in. However, there are a couple of quirks in the location that can potentially make it less user friendly. If you are coming to the airport from a plane, and are coming into Terminal D, you are fine. Also if you are spending the night and flying out early, the rental car shuttle will drop off at Terminal D. If you are flying out of a different terminal, AND do not have to check luggage, this hotel is great. BUT - if you are flying out of a different terminal, AND have to check luggage, the airport inter-terminal shuttle is very difficult to locate especially early in the morning. Best if you can carry on, then go through security in Terminal D and take the very convenient train to the terminal where you are flying out of.

Sorry about the long winded note, but this is a complex airport and getting around early in the morning is not intuitive. Bottom line - if you are flying out of Terminal D, this is the best choice. IF you are flying out of other terminals and need to check baggage, stay at the other Hyatt as they have a regular shuttle that runs to all of the terminals.

As far as rooms and amenities - this is a great design, with large rooms overlooking the field. Huge windows, comfortable furniture and a very cool design. The bar is nice as well.

Expensive, but worth it if you meet the above criteria!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the field - if you like to look at the planes. A high floor is best for this...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 43220
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the night of our wedding, to start off our honeymoon. We had an 11 am flight the next day, and it was really nice to already be at the airport and not have to rush the morning after our wedding. We had the package where parking for a week was included, so we didn't have to pay extra for airport parking for the week we were gone. The hotel was very nice. We mentioned we were on our honeymoon and they upgraded our room to a suite, and had chocolate covered strawberries and champagne waiting for us on arrival. The room was very technological. All the windows and lights were controlled by a panel on the wall. We worried that being in the center of the airport, we would hear a lot of planes, but it was the exact opposite. We didn't hear anything. All the staff was friendly and nice. I would highly recommend this hotel to people who have an early flight!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My parents have flown in from Sydney & wanted a hotel for a couple of days to recuperate from jetlag. I flew in late from NYC and met them at the hotel for 1 night before we headed off on our 6 night driving holiday of Texas. This review is for both my parents & my stay.

When my parents booked they'd initially booked 1 night, however due to change in my work commitments I had to add a night & so did they. My parents room for night one was $269 and when they initially extended the booking were quoted same for second night. I however for that same night was quote $189! My mum called Hyatt & they manually changed the price but it meant it was 2 bookings. When they checked in reception kept trying to tell them they'd need to switch rooms because it was 2 bookings but when you've come off a 15hr flight across 15 time zones you don't want to switch rooms! Staff found a room for 2 nights & told them it was fine but on the 2nd day they came back to room to find a voicemail from reception saying they were suppose to change rooms. My mum called down & insisted they weren't moving & suddenly it was no problem.

We both had the same style of room, and what a room is was - large, modern, very comfortable beds. I can only imagine all these people coming off of really long flights it must be heaven.

We got the B&B package & I think it's the first hotel were the breakfast isn't a buffet, instead you order 1 main off the menu - I loved it, I could order exactly what I wanted, no standard mass made eggs & sausage.

Overall the hotel is great, the reason I give value a 3 is that if my parents didn't know I'd gotten $190 room they would of been charged $270.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Scot_in_NL
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The Grand Hyatt DFW is a very strange mix. FIrst off, it is smack dab in the middle of the DFW airport, which makes it mighty convenient for anyone who is airport-centric, ie, those staying overnight to catch a flight early the next morning. That is the only reason you would hang out in the airport, unless you are completely devoid of imagination or curiosity about other fine Dallas area hotels. For my $410 (not including tax, tax, or tax, which brought it up to nearly $480) for my one night stay, I got a nice, large room overlooking the runway. Marvy. At least the glass was quite soundproof. The real problem is that this hotel is a monument to Silastone. Black Silastone. Some NYC designer got Hyatt to believe that black is a really cool color--maybe in NYC that is true, but not in Texas. Anyway, my beef is that the stuff is not safe to walk on, especially with wet feet after, say, a shower. The entire bedroom, and bathroom, are floor-tiled in this slippery stuff, so beware. Those with hip implants need not apply. Otherwise, it was ok to good. The bed was great--clean and comfortable. The internet charge was a bit grasping, given the room charge. The room service menu is a real head-scratcher. Here you are, in the middle of East Squirrel Doo, Texas, with nowhere else to go for food (the nearest next food is probably the Cibo food stand near Gate 43C), and the entire room service menu fits on about four loosely spaced pages. In other words, very limited choice. And it is slow. If anything characterizes this hotel, it is slow service. So, a bagel and coffee takes 45 minutes, etc. Not exactly schedule friendly.

On the other hand, when you compare this hotel to other airport hotels, it shines, Maybe it is for that reason that it exists. There is another Hyatt hotel at the airport, just across the way from this one, right on the airport property. Because of lousy signing by Hyatt, I went to that one first, and it was empty. It will be a matter of time, I suspect, until it closes. Maybe then the room service at DFW Grand Hyatt will improve in its selection.

Room Tip: Figure out if you really need to be at the airport for travel reasons before you say yes.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank suitcasepro
DFWGrandHyatt, General Manager at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the Grand Hyatt DFW. Feedback from our guests is taken seriously as we continually strive for service excellence.

I am excited to share that we have recently completed a renovation to our restaurant and lounge. During the renovation phase we did have limited menu options while the kitchen was being expanded. Now that it is complete we are back to our full menu!!

Your concern about our tiled bathroom floor is understandable. Since the safety of our guests is a major priority we provide bathmats in every room so that guests can step out of the shower safely.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and please come visit again.

Lance Marrin
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for business trip, catching an early flight out in the a.m. Super convenient to terminal D, the hotel is right on the airport. Had a very pleasant check in, room was much nicer than expected, with a 40 inch hi def tv, lights and drapes all controlled off a single bedside panel. The gym is very nice and super clean, with a great rooftop pool. Room service food was better than expected, and it was a quiet and very clean hotel. would definitely stay again

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business