Grand Hyatt DFW
$215
$364
MagnoliaHotels.com
2,463 results
All reviewsterminal dairport hotelrunway viewyoga matinternational flightamerican airlineshigh techan overnight layoveran early flightconnecting flightbusiness meetingrooftop poolroom servicenext morningexcellent hotelconvenient locationcoffee maker
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

With a great trained staff, beautiful installations, an exigent cleanliness, and soundproof rooms, staying at the grand hyatt DFW it is a memorable experience. The restaurant also serves great food, and the service it's good. Rooms were renovated recently, so they are gorgeous! I hope I can stay again very soon!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Signore_Colomo
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Located within the Dallas/Fort Worth International airport this hotel could not be more convenient. The check-in was very efficient and the staff friendly and competent. The rooms are well planned with an excellent work area, a fine bed and bedding, a modern bathroom with a great shower. This is an excellent airport hotel about on a par with the Fairmont in Vancouver's International Airport but it is more reasonably priced.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank roamer70
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I wish I could relate a similar experience to the one "They Made Me Feel Special", however, mine should be titled, "They Didn't Give a [--] About Us". We made our reservation in early April for a mid-August stay, guaranteed for late arrival with a credit card (which you KNOW they would have charged if we had not shown up!!!), and arrived at 10pm after a LONG and DIFFICULT day of work and a 2 hour drive to DFW. Looking forward to getting some sleep before having to check in for our flight at 6am, and so happy that we would be able to just get on the tram to our gate from the convenient location of the Grand Hyatt. We were greeted by a frowning agent with the words "I hate to be the bearer of bad news" and told that our GUARANTEED reservation would NOT be honored and we could take a shuttle to the sister property. Reason was that they had OVERSOLD the hotel (which apparently is common practice) and had 2 large groups so they could not accommodate us. Seeing that "large groups" do NOT just show up, I'm wondering just how long they had been oversold and did not have the courtesy to inform us prior to our arrival. The frowning agent said (with a smirk) it was because they did not have my phone number in their record. (Funny, a couple of days later they were able to email me offering me a future complimentary night there.) The agent was rude, completely uncaring and lacking in customer service skills, and only after much of our ranting, offered to pay for our room and have a driver take us to the other Hyatt. Other (quieter) guests were turned away without this "courtesy". We will NOT take them up on their future stay...I mean, if a GUARANTEED reservation means NOTHING, why would I think they would honor a complimentary one!!! I am a travel professional and all I could think of was "Thank God this did not happen to one of my valued clients!!!"
We DID stay in the sister property, the Hyatt Regency DFW, and were treated exceptionally well! THEY will get our future business!!!!
For the management of the Grand Hyatt...if you choose to overbook your hotel, please make the effort to notify guests PRIOR to their arrival, and if that's not possible, please have an agent who is capable of handling the situation with courtesy, professionalism, and tact. (You might look into offering professional customer service training to your agent, Brittany).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Laura W
DFWGrandHyatt, General Manager at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear LWKinzbach,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience. Please accept my sincerest apology. Your displeasure with us is completely understandable. Not being able to provide a room for a guaranteed reservation is an extremely rare occurrence at the Grand Hyatt DFW and I am very sorry that you had to have the experience. Please know that when this situation arises, for any guaranteed reservation, the hotel will always pay for the alternate accommodations including transportation to/from the airport.

Your feedback is taken very seriously and we will utilize this as a training opportunity to ensure that we are a better hotel in the future. I truly hope that you will reconsider our offer of a future stay as I am confident that you will experience the high level of service that guests have routinely come to expect at the Grand Hyatt DFW.

Best Regards,
Lance Marrin

Reviewed August 15, 2013

It was a long travel day and as I entered the lobby to check in....the crowd surrounding the check in desks.....at 3 in the afternoon.....was not a welcome site......the line moved quickly but I kept hearing the staff repeat "check back with us later"......which was not reassuring to me.....as they checked me in....I asked if my requests for a high floor and runway view would be available.....(I was sure it would not be).....he replied "yes, you've been upgraded to the Presidential Suite...the hotel is oversold......it pays to be a member"......I'm sure my low status with the Hyatt Passport did not get me the upgrade.....more likely the luck of the draw, length of stay, my arrival time, etc played a large part.....but it didn't matter.....they treated me like I paid rack rate for the room.....they made me feel special.....and appreciated....the room was as amazing as you can imagine......the "shower room" was as large as my bedroom at home.....the views....the electronics....the design/decor....perfect.....drinks at the lobby bar were good....room service was quick....the movie selection was large.....my overnight at DFW was a highlight of this business trip.....thanks to everyone!

Tulemar Dave

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TulemarDave
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was in town for a meeting and everything was very good. The Business Office was great when we needed copies, etc. The F&B managers were exceptionally helpful and the Meeting Coordinator for the hotel was helpful. Just keep in mind, you have few places to eat and drink and the Grand Hyatt charges a small fortune for EVERYTHING!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business