Grand Hyatt DFW
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
2,434 results
All reviewsterminal dairport hotelrunway viewyoga matinternational flightamerican airlineshigh techan overnight layoveran early flightconnecting flightbusiness meetingrooftop poolroom servicenext morningexcellent hotelconvenient locationcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2013

As a young family, we decided to utilize an overnight connection in Dallas to break up an otherwise lengthy day of travel.
Spending what we did to achieve this was a gamble...and what a success it was!
En route, we had a view of the runway which our little girl loved. The rooms are modern with spacious bathrooms (soaker and shower). We asked to be escorted back to the terminal (past security) to spend time shopping etc. which the hotel gladly arranged.
We had a light dinner at the hotel lounge, ordering from the childrens' meal and getting portions greater than the mains at most restaurants!

On the way home our experience was even better, not having as much time but spending time in the pool atop the building, enjoying another great meal, and receiving special laundry service after our daughter had a bout of motion-sickness...delivered within 8 hours when typical service runs 12-24 hours.

The entire staff, without exception, was professional, welcoming and smiling. We chose the "B & B" deal which is a steal with the breakfast served. It's worth taking a later morning flight just to enjoy that AM routine.

Strongly recommended to anyone able to break up their travel schedules!

Room Tip: Although 'runway' offers more action, the city/terminal view facing East was also quite interesting. Ensure you are well above the 5th floor to be safe.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CGandA
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Came to Hotel after dropping off a rental. A bit of a hike from the shuttle bus. But it was worth it. Especially coming into a cool lobby Left at o dark early. Had a great night sleep. Front desk people were amazing! Fun. Upbeat

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I fly into DFW around 4 times a year. In the past I have gotten a rental car to drive to Plano to pick up my daughter. Lately I have just had my ex drop my daughter off. It is about a wash cost wise. Time wise, it works slick, because you get off the plane in whatever terminal. You hop the overhead rail and go right to terminal D where the hotel is hooked in. The room is nice, not too much key noise makes it in. My daughter likes the pool. I wish they had a hot tub. There is enough gym equipment and it is updated. Our breakfast was delicious but like all airport hotel food, pricey. My ranchos juevos were $16 and my daughters yogurt was $9. We made that cost up by having lunch in the DFW USO. A cheaper alternative is the Hyatt Regency at 2/3s the cost. It is not connected to terminal C, however. The rooms are more dated, and the carpets crazy design looks to be from the 60s.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I booked this hotel for a last-minute trip to Dallas that involved a late arrival. The check-in was smooth and the service was very good. I ate breakfast at the restaurant which was also very good. The fitness center and the room were outstanding.
The only hassle was getting there from the terminal. DFW is undergoing construction and the transport system is somewhat difficult to navigate if arriving late at night. Of course, this is not the hotel's fault. Build in lots of time between terminals/hotel.
Overall, this hotel was a welcome respite for a weary traveler.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt DFW for business in May 2013. I was able to secure an amazing rate through my association and was very pleased with the experience. The hotel is located in Terminal D. Take the airtrain to get there from other terminals. It was very convenient to get off the train and walk to check in. The lobby is located a floor above the main terminal floor. Check in was very efficient yet friendly. My room was on the seventh floor and when I walked in the door, the automated black-out curtains rose. My name was on the TV with a welcome message. It was very nice start to the stay.

My room was ultra clean with one of the more comfortable hotel beds I've slept on in awhile. The bathroom was gigantic, with a separate shower. The tub was a bit too small to use as a soaking tub but the water pressure in the glass-enclosed shower was more than enough to wake me the next day. As much as I worried about airport noise, the windows were glazed so well that I barely heard any jet noise.

The bedside controls for the AC, automated sheers and lights were handy. I want those black-out shades for my own house, they did such a good job blocking out the light. And the AC had no trouble cooling my room to my desired level in less than 15 minutes.

Overall, I really enjoyed my experience here and although it's unlikely I will ever get such a great rate like that on my own, I would return to this hotel based on the level of comfort in the rooms, the cleanliness, the quiet and the total convenience of being right at Terminal D in DFW.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business