“Overall a good stay but what's up with the coffee?”
Review of Grand Hyatt DFW

Grand Hyatt DFW
Ranked #1 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 25, 2013

There is no doubt this hotel is very convenient for an airport layover. I had returned from an international trip and could not get home until the next day. It was so nice to get through customs and immigration and get to the hotel without a shuttle, just a ride up an escalator. On the plus side the room was very comfortable, very modern and I enjoyed watching the planes take off and land. However my stay was not without a number of minor annoyances. First I did the online check-in via my smart phone...but was still directed to the front desk. Fine. Then I had to come back down to the front desk as my key would not open the room door. A little annoying with jet lag. Then the coffee: If you want an in-room coffee maker you have to call to have one delivered. Not a problem but then later I noticed only decaf coffee was brought up. Another phone call and delivery to remedy that. It was not until the morning that I realized no cream or sugar had been included. My great pleasure is my morning cup of coffee with cream....oh well. Again, minor annoyance but I do expect better service from this level of hotel property. I don't have to ask for coffee, cream and sugar at a Super 8!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My experience of this Hotel was extremely disappointing.
We flew into Dallas and I asked an airport employee for directions to the Hotel as there were no signs, unlike other airport Hotels. We were told to go down the stairs and turn left.Nothing there.We asked a Hyatt driver(different Hyatt but at the same airport)-no luck.After asking six people we struck gold and were told we need to catch a bus to Terminal D. After 20 minutes, one arrived and we arrived.Frustrated but safe.
The Hotel staff gave the impression that they would rather be somewhere else and were unhelpful.
The rooms were good, along with the restaurant. I asked the concierge where to catch a cab at 6am to Terminal B. I was told downstairs and there would be no problem catching a cab. At 6am-no cabs but luckily a bus turned up. We could have missed our flight.
To add insult to our gaping wounds,our room came with a complimentary breakfast.
No staff member knew how this worked and we went around in circles until we gave up.The staff kept blaming each other and there was clearly a lack of leadership and training.
We travel all over the world and this is certainly the worst managed Hotel in my experience.Not recommended and we will never return.Location excellent.

Room Tip: We had a view of the airport runway but the noise level was not a problem. Does get the western sun...
1  Thank anthony f
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Such a convenient location. The front desk will also check-in your flight for you and print your boarding passes. Great staff. Beautiful and modern and clean room. Stayed therefore for one night for work. Have to use skytrain if you have a departing flight through Terminal E but easy walk over to the skytrain platform. Would've given this a 5 star rating except for showing had a clogged drain so the water was filling up rather quickly in the standup shower and was gross.

Food downstairs at restaurant was amazing. Would def stay here again- perhaps double check the shower drain and if doesn't drain properly, would ask for a diff room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Excellent hotel located on top of terminal D at DFW. When my travels take me to the DFW Metroplex even though this hotel is located a bit out of the way, I would not stay anywhere else. This is one of the best Hyatt's, service is 5 stars, rooms are well appointed, some have an awesome view of the runway, including beautiful sunsets. There is a fully equip gym on the roof top, that includes a small pool, and even a spa. The food here is above average for Hyatt, The M lounge is a great place for people watching, mingling with fellow travelers, on top of the that the food and beverage offerings are grand, nice wine list!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recently stayed here for a sales meeting for three nights. I was given a room on the first floor. Not that I was expecting a fantastic view at an airport based hotel, but I literally looked out at the curved up roof. Fortunately, I had a partial view of the sky so I could tell if it was day, night, cloudy or sunny. I had some meetings in a conference room on the 6th floor that had an expansive view and all I could think is why did they put conference rooms up here and their guests in the "basement?" I don't need a view when I'm in a meeting but after meetings it's sometimes nice to just look outside. The room was clean and the bathroom was huge however the shower was a tight squeeze. I'd rather hotels get rid of bathtubs and just have bigger showers. I for one will not bathe in tub previously used by strangers. We spent the evenings in the bar that was not prepared for our large crowd so service was a bit slow. And if you plan to stay for several nights, it's pretty isolated if you want to get away and try and eat out.

Room Tip: Try to steer clear from rooms on the first floor if you care about sunlight or a view.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

in town for biz meetings. super convenient place. rooms are great. very modern and comfortable. check in is always fast and efficient. great workout facilities. staff is helpful. meeting rooms are quiet and easy to find. very easy to get to and from airline terminal. great place for a fly-in meeteing

Reviewed February 8, 2013

After flying in from Sydney we were looking forward to stretching out on a comfortable soft bed. Let me tell you that the Hyatt did not let us down. The bed were so soft and inviting! We had such a good sleep! The staff were friendly and the food was good. As the hotel is off one of the terminals, it's very quick and easy to find and more importantly it's location makes it convenient and easy to get on your next flight. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family