Grand Hyatt DFW
Ranked #1 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I Have attended a January board Meeting at the Grand Hyatt ever since it opened 9 years ago. My group liked it so much then thatwe routinely return. The rooms are lovely and extremely well appointed. From the graint rich, luxurious bathrooms to the automated window shade, they are state of the art and very comfortable. The staff is top notch The resteraunt and bar excellent.an the meeting facilities first rate. My only (minor) complaints are: the soft lighting in the bathroom isn't bright enough for shaving or make-up application and I can't understand why wi-fi is free in Ramada and Holiday Inns but "quality" hotels like the Grand charge a fee.

Room Tip: They are all (at least the 9 I've stayed in) excellent.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank psyduck1947
Write a ReviewReviews (2,334)

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Airport hotels usually do not have great, newly renovated, modern rooms, great restaurants (the Grand Met has an awesome menu and food was very tasty). This place has 24 hour almost everything (except room service) and a staff that knows you need to keep moving. I recommend this place for any business meeting if quick in and out is what you need without sacrificing a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank randaConnecticut
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt DFW for two nights and absolutely enjoyed our time there. We both love airplanes and enjoyed being smack on the side of the runway. Our room was facing the runway and we were able to watch planes come and go all day/evening long. The rooms have huge windows so the view is great. Being that close I would have thought that we would hear some noise but I am happy to say that we barely could hear a thing. The rooms are modern and comfortable. The bathroom was big and had a shower as well as a tub. The beds were very comfortable. Our room was always cleaned well and our toiletries were restocked. We ordered room service one evening and it was very good. We did not try the breakfast so I can't comment on that. We tried the pool on the rooftop once. It is small but enough if you just want to dip in. The gym looked very clean and well stocked with towels.
We did come into town by car and were able to park our car in the garage. The ticket for the toll around the airport was validated by the hotel and that worked well.
The service was good, we never had any issues. We definately would come back!!!!

Room Tip: Definately get a room towards the runway
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SarahTX
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My family and I stayed here on an overnight layover flight into DFW. The rooms were large, beds very comfortable. Bathroom had a huge walk-in shower. Very modern, well taken care of hotel. Very convienient if you are flying out on an international flight with American Airlines, since the hotel is located in Terminal D. The spa upstairs was great. The outdoor pool was a disappointment, but we arrived late so we probably wouldn't have used it anyway. The planes did not bother us and the draw down blinds weren't needed as a noise filter.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at DFW as my flight got cancelled and I needed a place to stay a night. It is conveniently located, easy access to terminals. The room was spacious, but amenities were not working properly. One of the bedside lamp did not work, so as the main control switch for lights and curtains at bedside. The time on alarm clock was not correct, and I was not able to fix that I was not able to use it. The heater was not working properly either, and as it was snowing at Dallas at that night, the room was really cold. I would expect a little more maintenance for the price they charge.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Lonnie-Sally
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Located at Terminal D and I booked 1 night prior to a flight departure. Terminal Transfer bus dropped me off at door. Excalator to reception with carry on a bag to check was easy. Reception was swift, accurate and professional in check in process. Room was immaculate, well equipped (you have to ask for coffee machine of you want one) and modern, better yet all features were fully functional. Bed I found comfortable and room service prompt and good quality if a little pricy. Room service menu order function on TV was so much better than trying to order over telephone at other hotels with semi-English speaking staff.

I found WiFi expensive and did not use it, in this day and age it should be free especially given the price of the hotel and that cheaper hotels can provide free WiFi. It hurts the brand and gives an impression of being nickel and dimed.

Check out was as smooth as check-in. I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank private1_90732
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Excellent hotel at the airport. New and luxury rooms, wonderful bathroom, very comfortable bed, and very good service. Spent a night because of an early flight not expecting much and exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended and it worth the extra money you pay in comparison to the other Hyatt hotel also located at the airport.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business