“Loved this hotel, can't wait to stay here again.”
Review of Grand Hyatt DFW

Grand Hyatt DFW
Ranked #1 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Loved this hotel, can't wait to stay here again.”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed at Grand Hyatt DFW overnight before flying out the next day. The hotel was exceptional, all staff we encountered we're very friendly. The bathroom was very large and pressure from shower head was to die, felt like I was showering in a rainstorm but with hot water. I want one of those shower heads at home !!!

We did arrange for the receptionist to organize us security passes so we could go back into terminal D to eat, it took a bit of arranging with Homeland Security agents having to escort us through various sections of the airport which also included being 'patted down', however once we were through all of that we had a nice meal at a sports bars/restaurant (can't remember the name, but the food was worth the security checks)

It was so convenient to board our next flight in the morning without having to worry about a cab which we would have done if we stayed outside the airport.

We will stay here again without hesitation !!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kazda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Korean first
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Great hotel. We always stay here coming thru DFW airport. It's so quiet, nice bar area in lobby, good food and you almost (almost) forget you're at an airport. Nice gym, pool and you can look out at the runway while relaxing by the pool. Great hotel..looking forward to next visit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SouthernBell813
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We absolutely loved this property!. Details follow, but full disclosure first - I'm a platinum member with Hyatt and a part-time travel agent who books group travel. I like to get great quality and negotiate it for a very fair price. Also, this stay was "on points," so we didn't actually pay for the room. That said, the whole family whole-heartedly recommends this property to anyone staying the the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, whether you have business at the airport or not!

This was our first stay at the Grand Hyatt. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and had our two kids along. We love a couple of hours from the metroplex, so we drove to the hotel. It is in the D Terminal at the DFW airport. We have previously stayed at the Hyatt Regency, which is in a different terminal. That was a nice property as well, though not quite as updated when we stayed there in the summer of 2011.

The staff was incredibly accommodating - in my room request, in my roll-away bed request (their roll-away is legitimate; not your fold-up uncomfortable variety), with professional smiles, courtesy, and demeanor in every area - front desk, cafe, house keeping, dining, etc.
The rooms are very newly remodeled and ultra sleek and modern. Automatic shades and sheers raise when you enter the room. All electronics - window treatments, lights, thermostat - are computer controlled via several remote keypads throughout the room and bath area. As clean as you will EVER find anywhere, and very pleasing and clean-feeling decor. I hate to say it, but the 42" LED TV had a better picture than mine at home.
We asked for a runway view (even-numbered rooms), and the kids loved watching the planes take off and land. The adults did too, especially considering that the room is essentially sound-proofed.

Starbucks-quality complimentary coffee in the cafe. Be prepared to pay a fair amount for breakfast in the restaurant (around $15 per person). Our schedule allowed us to eat for about $20 total by choosing pastries from the cafe.

THE POOL IS AMAZING! Try a night swim, with beautiful colored lighting and views of the runways. The gym is also first rate with somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 ellipticals and treadmills, at least 10 weight machines, free weights, Pilates equipment, a sauna, and full spa (extra charge, by appointment). Cardio equipment also has fun views of the runway.

I did have to ask specifically at the desk for parking passes, which make exiting the airport free, but that is a great perk for all guests. Parking is in the D Terminal parking lot, or you can valet park in front of the hotel. We did not do valet, so not sure of what that charge is.

The Grand Hyatt was really just our overnight home, for the purpose of attending a Ft. Worth Symphony concert and eating nearby at our favorite restaurant - Kirby's Prime Steakhouse in Southlake. We recommend these as well.

I really have nothing negative to say about the Grand Hyatt. If I had to ask for the moon, I would ask that they adjust their water softener a bit - I had to work hard just to rinse soap from my hands in the sink. But, really, that is a subjective opinion, and not so much a negative as a suggestion to engineering!

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms have runway views. Regular King rooms and Double Queen rooms are 400 sq feet...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Deanmusic
GrandHyattDFW, General Manager at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this very thorough review. Your compliments have been shared with the rest of the staff, and we'll hope to deliver you that moon on your next stay!

Happy travels,
Lance Marrin
Marysville, Washington
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I travel to DFW every couple of months and like to depart from DFW as early as possible so I make sure to book the hotel. The rooms are fantastic and modern. The service is great and the food in the lounge is top notch. Highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I spent a night at the sleek, sexy Grand Hyatt DFW quite by accident - thanks to my friends at American Airlines. I chose it because it is right in the airport, but I enjoyed the stay (despite the circumstances) so much, that I'm pretty sure I'd pick this hotel again even if my travels took me downtown. The hotel is very modern, with lots of black marble and chrome and dramatic modern art. My room was huge, with a dramatic view as the entire outward facing wall is glass from ceiling to floor. Giant bathroom with both a tub and a walk-in shower adequate for two (like I said, a sexy hotel). All the lighting and the curtain and sheer can be controlled from a little console at your bedside. Unbelievably comfortable bed, and very, very quiet despite the proximity of jet aircraft. As chic as the hotel is, what really stood out to me was the genuine, Texas friendliness of the staff. I was checked in by Danielle, who had an incredible smile and greeted me and laughed with me like we were the best of friends. I enjoyed a delicious, perfectly prepared steak and draft Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in the open, inviting restaurant - where I was served by Meg, another super friendly daughter of the Lone Star State, who chatted me up and fussed over me like I was the only customer in the place. Fabulous late-night experience, and a great night's sleep. Sure took the sting out of missing the last flight home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 5, 2012

It is one of the best hotels I have stayed at in the entire dallas area. I arrived at the hotel around 12:00 am. I used their self service check-in and that only took 2 minutes. I arrived to my room to find a nice chocolate on my bed. I took a look out my window and was able to see the lit DFW runway. It was truly a sight to see. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were very soft.
If I had one thing I would like to see changed it would be to have more lighting in the bathroom. I think the bathroom could use a light over the shower as it was a little dark. The darkness still didn't stop me from having a enjoyable hot shower.
I plan on staying here for all of my future DFW hotel needs.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a runway view. It is truly amazing!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott B
Stoup
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Knowing a 16hr. flight was ahead of me, I booked a room here to get rested before the flight. I arrived about 24hrs. before and checked into an amazing super hipchic room, automatic shades, cool decor, etc. The best is that you are an elevator ride to the international terminal where I checked in and got that annoying hassle taken care of for the next day.
A great fitness center with all the equipment you could need, a swim in the rooftop pool and a good salmon BLT and glass of wine and a great nite sleep in a super comfy bed gets me ready to fly. The staff is amazing with lots of smiles and "how can I help you.". I highly recommend this plan for long international flights

• Stayed August 2012