“Nice for the price”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Nice for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Overall the hotel was nice. The entry/lobby area is nicely decorated...however that made the room a bit of a let down. Mostly I could just tell that the building was older and I guess the rooms have been remodeled at some point but the furniture had aged a bit. The shower was a little funky to me because the grout was mildewed, but the rest of the tub was very clean. The whole of the room was a nice size. I like that it had a fridge to use for the bottles of water we purchased at the CVS right down the street. The tv was large and we had a great clear picture (I read a previous review that said they didn't have a good picture). One thing that was a big negative for us, they a/c unit in the room was incredibly LOUD. Every time it kicked on we were jolted from our sleep.
We used the gym while we were there, it was fairly small. 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a bike, and some free weights. Be sure to adjust the temperature on the a/c, we didn't and apparently it was set at 78 degrees.... it felt like a sauna after running.
The breakfast is a great advantage here. I love free food though. I believe breakfast is served from 7am to 10am and they have to-go coffee also.

I would recommend this for an inexpensive room, but I wouldn't want to spend a week there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights just before Christmas. The hotel has been very nicely renovated and the rooms are very spacious and lovely. The beds are very comfortable and the TV is large! Breakfast was included and was adequate, nothing special but good enough, with seating around the lobby area.
The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, we had a lot of questions about how to get around etc and they were always willing to assist. We went to the Cowboys game and it cost us a fortune in cab fares as there is no other way to get there without a car!
The hotel has a shuttle service to locations close by, which is just as well as it is very difficult to get around without a car. The shuttle took us to the train station which was an easy ride to downtown. Unfortunately when we returned at night they could not pick us up because it was Xmas Eve and they were short staffed (it would have been nice to have been forewarned about that!) and it took a VERY long time to get back to the hotel, it was not easy.

Overall, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed @ Hyatt Place in Dallas for 3 days, during Xmas holiday.
The room was OK, but relativelly small for a suite. Bathroom was really small, even for our standard (we are from Europe and not very spoilled with big rooms in hotels).
In terms of service we had the surprise to see our bill charged with 40 USD for 4 long distance calls we did not make. I called the Southfork ranch near Dallas to check the opening hours and the calls supposed to be free of charge. We asked for the manager and he was kind (next to being handsome) to remove the charges. Problem solved, but we should not have had the overcharge to start with...
After moving to our next hotel I also noticed that I forgot the laptop charger and the European plug adaptor in the room. I called the hotel the next day but they were not helpful and denied founding the charger in the room. My husband was upset, as we were 100% sure the charger was in the room. Maybe Hyatt should invest in training the staff on customer service for 2013...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Placerville, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Never have experienced the redesigned rooms but I must say after four nights here on business travel, I liked the room alot. Unfortunately I arrived at the hotel after 1:30am, but the desk clerk was very accomodating and didn't seem fazed by my super late check in. I enjoyed the coffee and breakfast down stairs each morning and took full advantage of the coffee to go. It sure seems like everybody who works here really enjoys helping you get the most out of your stay at their hotel.

Room Tip: I didn't notice any loud sounds or trash carrriers over the four nights I spent here and seems l...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Georgetown, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed on a thurs night for business. This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place and I was very impressed. Staff were very friendly, I found the room to be very comfortable-bed, temperature, layout, etc. The AC unit was a bit loud, but not anymore so than other hotels I've stayed in. They have a lobby bar for drinks and apps, and breakfast selection was ample. I will consider this brand of hotel, and this one specifically, for my future travels.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

First, the staff was fantastic. Everyone I saw was so polite and helpful. Otherwise, I might have given this hotel a 3 rating. The hotel has a trendy updated decor. The lobby area works well and the free breakast was good quality. Parking is easy and the hotel is in a good location close to the Galleria. However, the room had some issues. I liked that it had a refrigerator and the layout of the room worked for me. Housekeeping kept the room nice and clean. But the air conditioner was a constant challenge over the 3 nights I was there. My colleagues in other rooms had similar problems with theirs. It did not respond well to changes in the thermostat and it was very difficult to keep a comfortable temperature. It seemed to always be too hot or too cold. It turned on and off frequently and was loud. The toilet made a trickling noise the entire time I was there. The beds were lower quality than what I have been experiencing at most other hotels. The furnishings looked nice but were not very comfortable. There were few power outlets and they were inconveniently located. The closet was small. Underneath the fresh paint and decor, the hotel feels a little rundown. But the staff made up for it with great service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
La Jolla, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

For a mid-priced hotel, this place was the best. Everyone was extremely friendly (genuinely) and helpful. They offer a free shuttle to any destination within 5 miles (Galleria mall, restaurants, etc.). They took us to a restaurant near the Galleria and promptly picked us up when we called. I left my leather jacket in the closet when I checked out. They found it for me and shipped it FedEx at no charge, and it arrived two days after I returned. They had sandwiches and snacks readily available (even room service), free breakfast, free wi-fi and even a small friendly bar. The decor is up to date, and the rooms are spacious. The only negative (and I hate to say it since everything else was so nice) is the air conditioner. It's the type below a window and it cycles on & off and is unfortunately pretty loud, as well as very near one of the beds in rooms with two beds. I'd definitely stay there again and do recommend it--just bring ear plugs, and you'll be fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends