“1st Year Anniversary”

Dallas Segway Tours
Ranked #1 of 41 Tours in Dallas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Glide in style with the original and most respected Segway touring company Texas. * CITY AUTHORIZED AND CITY APPROVED * BOTTLED WATER (Ice Cold during summer months) * HI-RES PHOTOS INCLUDED (Taken of every tour and yours to share) * TOUR GUIDE AUDIO SYSTEM (You keep the earbud please) * SEASONED PROFESSIONAL Segway PT Guides * RAIN PONCHO (If needed) Proud members of the BBB.
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

The wife and I decided to do something different for our first year anniversary. We came across TripAdvisor which recommended this activity for the City of Dallas. After driving to the location which is fairly easy to find downtown at the West End, we met Dirk & Cyndi, they gave us a quick block of instruction and we were off. We begin the tour and seen many attractions of the city which were not known of before. The Segway tour was very informative & Cyndi has quite the sense of humor & is very safety conscious! Enjoyed almost a 2 hour tour of Dallas. They also give Military Discounts & that sold me being a Veteran! We will be going again!

2  Thank Gerald M

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I was skeptical but I'm So glad we did it! It is easy to ride&the tour was Very educational! Well worth the money! Will do it again & will recommend it to everyone! Thanks, yall did an awesome job!

1  Thank missrepogirl
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My wife and I are lifetime residents of the Plano area but had never really absorbed the history of our main city of Dallas, so we decided to do a weekend downtown seeing the sights we had always taken for granted when coming downtown for a show or the novelty of riding the DART rail. So when we found the Dallas Segway Tours listed on a Best Things to do in Dallas list, we jumped at the opportunity to learn to ride a segway and also learn some history.
We opted to get the Dealy Plaza tour with the lunch from Dick's last resort. As we arrived, we were given our menus for the lunch at Dick's which was just around the corner and told to meet back there afterwards. The meal was surprisingly pretty open to selection and we both enjoyed our experience there. Upon returning to the Dallas Segway Tours sign, we were greeted by Cyndi, our tour guide. After going over some basics of the operation of the segway, it was my wife's turn to attempt the gliding maneuvers. The training was very simple and direct with Cyndi there the whole time to grab the handle should the rider panic. The concept seemed to sink in pretty fast with the uphill and downhill parts giving the most trouble, but after a few attempts my wife was gliding on her own and it was my time to shine. Perhaps it was the fact that I had already seen my wife get corrected on the maneuvers but I felt like the process was pretty natural and intuitive but I did need to practice the hills a little bit longer than my wife did.
After about 15 minutes and getting loaded up with multiple bottles of water each, we were off to see the sights of downtown Dallas. The three of us made stops at The Dealy Plaza, the JFK memorial, City Hall, The Convention Center, Union Station, AT&T plaza, and many more with delightful bits of information and trivia at each stop. There were plenty of opportunities to get off the segway and walk around a bit and even a few opportunities to do a little off-roading (I think I enjoyed that part more than my wife).
At the end of our tour, the rain started to move in and we were given ponchos and allowed to experience the joy of Segway riding in the rain. Since we did this tour in the middle of August, starting at noon, the rain was a welcome bonus to the end of the tour. Since our group was so small, Cyndi and her husband Dirk invited us to wait out the rain in the parking garage of their business and we had a wonderful time chatting until the rain stopped and we returned to our hotel with another great experience under our collective belts.

TL;DR Super nice people, good lunch, great training. Would definitely recommend to all my friends and family

1  Thank Tom H
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Dallas Segway Tours was a great way to see the city and points of interest. It was a very informative tour and thoroughly enjoyable. Loved every minute.
Highly recommend taking a tour with them.

1  Thank KathyH1009
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We have gone on Segway tours in various cities. It is a great way to see the sites and learn some of the history. Dallas Segway Tours does an excellent job so you have a great experience. I recommend this company to anyone considering a Segway tour.

1  Thank Shelby D