“Thanks Courtney”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Uptown
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Two of us came over to see our friend in Dallas again and we always go to the Ginger Man. The selection of beers is unmatched and this time we met bar manager Courtney who looked after us very well and was great fun. She really knows her stuff. Although the bar was empty when we arrived just after it opened, it quickly filled up so it helped to have a space at the bar reserved for the Doctor. Next time we're in Dallas, we'll be back!

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

This place is a very relaxed atmosphere with the potential to get crazy. It has an amazing selection of beers. I would definitely go again

Reviewed September 27, 2013

No matter what your beer of choice is The Ginger Man most likely has it on draught. Tons of what's hot and many of the old classics all on draught nestled in a great atmosphere. The have 3 separate patios for you to enjoy the outdoors and inside the juke box is playing and he a/c works great. They have a small menu if you need a snack, but this is the place to meet and greet and to drink draught beer. Put this together with some of the friendliest bartenders in town and it makes for a good time, every time.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Was in Dallas on vacation and had a day to just relax. I had considered trying to go to the Deep Ellum brewery, but my friend recommended The Ginger Man, since they carried no only Deep Ellum beers, but a wide array of other beers. I used a panoramic app on my phone to take a picture of there great selection of taps, if that tells you anything about the variety they offer. On tap they have local beers, domestic beers, and a good mix of foreign beers. They also have a small selection of cask ales, but I didn't get a chance to try any of them. The bartender, I believe her name was Jess, was very nice and down to earth, knowledgeable about their beers and wasn't afraid to engage in conversation throughout the couple of hours I spent at the bar, making it a nice chill, enjoyable time. I also had a beer companion plate (I can't recall what the correct name of it was) with smoked gouda, cheddar, and pepper jack (I think), salami, bread, pita, hummus, mustard, and apples), which served as a great beer companion and all tasted very fresh. There only seemed to be a few regulars there at the same time as me (2pm), but as 5 pm came around, the place began to fill up. They had plenty of seating, to include seating out front as well as a garden area in the back. Prices were very reasonable and overall, I was very satisfied with my time there and will definitely visit next time I'm in town.

1  Thank coffeebydesign
Reviewed June 15, 2013

the selection of beers is amazing. the beer garden at the downtown location is beautiful. the plano location has good music on the porch.

1  Thank Kellyon