“Inventive Food, Drinks, and Atmosphere. One of the Best in Dallas”
Review of Bolsa

Bolsa
Reserve with OpenTable
Bolsa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #145 of 3,714 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, European, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Wynnewood North
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I've been to Bolsa half a dozen times.. sometimes for birthdays or anniversaries and sometimes just to eat. I have loved every meal. Bolsa is in the ever evolving Bishop Arts District scene (though not on actual Bishop St.) and is in a old remodeled building. The vibe is cool and relaxed and the crowd is hip. The interiors reflect this in it's cool and repurposed decor. The outside is where I have always sat..winter or summer. It is enclosed with "windows" and in winter there are standing space heaters.
The menu is ever changing and often does so with the seasons (though there are some items that are always present on the menu) and this keeps things very interesting and fun. Their cocktail list is inventive and the drinks are fabulously executed. I have had a few of them but my favourite is the Stubborn Mule...served in a cold cooper gibblet...I could drink them all night.

My last visit for starter I had the PEI Mussels..superb! and a huge amount. I have also had the Texas Cheese Board which is a lot of fun. For entree I had the Diamond H Quail with rainbow
carrots, spinach, maitake mushrooms & chestnut-honey glaze. The little birds were completely deboned (not their wings) and somehow their litttle bodies kept their shape...they were delicious. My partner had the Morrocan Stuffed C.B.C Zucchini with goat cheese polenta, artichoke, asparagus & red pepper sauce...very good. As I stated above the menu is inventive, changing, and eclectic. I have had some of the best rabbit ever here that was in a fantastic stew as well as Lamb Belly which was wonderful as well. The menu always has one or two vegetarian options and vegetarian dishes are often offered as features.
The service has never been bad and they are very prompt ,friendly, and accomodating.

For me Bolsa is one of the most unique and inventive restaurants in North Texas..maybe all of Texas and it has deservedly become one of my favourites.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The fresh ingredients and changing menu make this restaurant a enjoyable dining experience. Parking can be a challenge.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Had a wonderful Sunday brunch, the staff was friendly and efficient and the food was excellent. We will be back and look forward to the dinner menu. A little hidden gem in Dallas.

1  Thank jhellman66
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Possibly one of the best restaurants in Dallas. If you are visiting Dallas it is worth taking the time to drive over the trinity river and sample some of Chef Andrew Bell's wonderful food. The mussels and Venison tartar are menu staples, both are delicious. Superb drink menu also.
The menu is seasonal so don't expect to be able to decide what you want before you go in.
You will not be sorry if you make the drive!!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

My first time at Bolsa and i give them a BEST. Very friendly staff. Greeted and seated immediately. Service was very good. Our server was just back from vacation and a little rusty, but you could tell they are intent on quality service. Wife had the Venison Tartar with Quali egg and some delicious bread. I had the Mussels. A huge portion with delicious sauce and fresh bread. Both excellent. The Eden Garden Panzanella (bread salad) was delicious. Suggest they serve in a larger bowl so it is easier to eat. My Golden Beet Salad with Sangria marinated watermelon was special. The melon was cold, crisp and delicious. Beets al dente. I liked the Venison Tartar so much I had it as an entree. Perfect food choices all around. Nice wine list. Local beers on draught. A winner all around. can't wait to go back. Open for dinner thru the week and all day Saturday & Sunday.